It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Freemasonry is Bad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
oh my G-D do you masons actually believe your lies, scotland yard (police) why would it be called such a name!????? do you have a clue?, have you ever seen the place its one big temple/lodge.

The name 'Scotland Yard' was named after a street in London which was the site of a mediaeval palace used by visiting Scottish kings. Despite many police officers being Masons, the name is absolutely nothing to do with Scottish Rite Freemasonry.

Scotland Yard

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Despite many police officers being Masons, the name is absolutely nothing to do with Scottish Rite Freemasonry.

Plus, of course, Scottish Rite Freemasonry is French in origin. Don't blame me -- I didn't do it. Blame Chevalier Ramsay

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is an epidemic of Trolls on this website who have a deep hatered of Freemasonry.This hatered at times is close to people who have a hatred of Jewish people or black people. I have been a Freemason for many years and in my time in the 'Craft' I have been fortunate to meet many people and enjoy the 'Harmony'of the 'Craft'. In my opinion Freemasonry makes men treat other men and women with respect. It helps the poor and sick people in society who are in need of patrimonial help and company. Freemasonry thrives in the countries which are free and in the countries where freedom does not exist;( as we know it) it is banned and called subversive and its members are persecuted.

If I see a person who is sick I would get him a doctor to help him. It would be wrong not to help a person who is sick in the mind or body. On this board there are a few people who in my opinion need help.It is unlikely that they will accept that they need help and that is their right to do so .Providing they are not a danger to other people or themselves.

Gerard O'Donnell

Gerard

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
So while one group posts wild conspiracy theories and points really insulting fingers actually naming other posters they deem as perfect examples of what's wrong with Freemasonry. :shk:
Another group posts "how great we are threads" with the implication being...if only you knew.

Heh. How do you propose that we rebutt an argument if we aren't allowed to tell the truth? If somebody accuses Freemasonry of being corrupt and uncaring, then isn't it only fair to point out the actual truth is the opposite? The fact that it means Freemasonry sounds like a force for good, because somebody has to point out a fact in rebuttal, doesn't mean that a boastful statement is being made. Facts are facts, however someone else may want to interpret them.

Look at it this way: Say your granny was a church-going Christian, who spent all her life looking after handicapped people. Then somebody comes along and says falsely that granny used to amputate limbs off small children for fun. Wouldn't you point to the fact that she has spent her whole life doing good as a part of your rebuttal?

Yes, I know Freemasonry isn't your granny.... but do you get my drift?

As for the secrets? I believe anyone that questions masonry on the basis of having something to hide, is just being lazy. There are over 50,000 books on the subject (far more than on any other society) and reams of material on the internet. Granted, this is no complete substitute for the real thing (an analogy would be the difference between having a penpal and a friend living next door) but anyone with an open mind can easily find out about Freemasonry by reading up about it. Failing that, they can always join themselves if they so desire.

I'm split 50/50 between Alex and Theron over interpretation of what actually are secrets. But at the end of the day, I believe that it's up to each individual within Freemasonry to make his own interpretation within the boundaries of what he has been taught.
Apart from the passwords and tokens, I believe that the only secrets are the deepest feelings which one keeps in one's heart which nobody (be they freemason or not) normally gives away to strangers anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerard
There is an epidemic of Trolls on this website who have a deep hatered of Freemasonry.

I know how you feel, even though im not a mason. I have contacted a mod before to see if ATS can sort out the troll problem, ATS now watches Secret Societies and more mods have been added aswell

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
But at the end of the day, I believe that it's up to each individual within Freemasonry to make his own interpretation within the boundaries of what he has been taught.

And this is exactly the point. I believe that my obligation prevents me from speaking about the content of ritual, but it's not my business to interpret the obligation for other brethren (unless they ask me, or unless I'm giving an illustrative speech -- in which case I preface the speech with the statement that the following are my ideas).

In the world, there are the laws of man, and the laws of God. The laws of man are those temporal laws which allow a society to imprison people for commiting certain acts, etc. The laws of God are the moral ones. God has given mankind dominion over its own social laws, but not over the moral laws. Thus, society can throw a person in jail because he comitted robbery -- but only God can determine whether that person "sinned" in committing that act. Similarly, Freemasonry can expel a brother for being dishonest in his business affairs, or abusing a woman, or giving away the secrets of Masonry. But for that last one, the "secrets" are only what Grand Lodge says they are. If a brother (like me) wants to extend that definition in his personal observation of his obligation, he is free so to do, but not to revile another brother because he does not share his interpretation.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"Heaven", "Jesus", and other religion-based names are Christian terms, and have NO GREATER claim to legitimacy than Buddhism, Islam, Taoism, Shinto, and Islam. The notion that the good works of Freemasons do not produce Christian salvation does not bother me. The good works of Freemasons produce a better environment for Masons and those whom they help. Perhaps in this sense the concrete results are more meaningful than the abstract notion of an afterlife.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerard
There is an epidemic of Trolls on this website who have a deep hatred of Freemasonry.

I have observed a lot of single-celled creatures splitting off and spreading virulence, not just in the Secret Societies forum. While I would not describe the 'outbreak' as an epidemic in proportion, in defence of the bulletin board it is actually quite hard for the uninitiated to monitor ('moderate') what is a cautiously expressed opinion versus what is a package of knowing lies and inflammatory content.

I hope that the originators of the latter kind of content are punished by eviction (that is, the actual persons behind their original member IDs).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join