It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those who blame Bush OR Obama...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sorry guys but I've watched these past couple of threads and before I even read the one about Bush I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I find it so nice that so many of us can come together and enter into civil discussion about politics, religion, and all the other "taboo" things you're not supposed to talk about. I do have to say though that it's disappointing to sit and watch us argue over ANY of the presidents and what they did during office. I don't know if it's just me but personally I see the job of president as a glorified scapegoat or whipping boy. While all of us lowly peons argue over what the puppet on the Boob Tube does the people who write what goes on the teleprompter (that I'm quite sure Bush used as well) are laughing at our ignorance. How about all of us just agree that whether you're Tea Party, a Democrat, OR Republican we're all in the same boat. Come on guys you're arguing over apples and oranges while some sit in the shadows eating juicy steak. Let's work together and stop feeding the system...
edit on 7/29/2011 by nathanscottecho because: ETA: Maybe I didn't put this in the right forum please move if need be.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Democrats and Republicans are both two different sides to the same coin. They both answer to the powers that be, and perform the same song and dance as the last president that came before them.

We live in a system that is manipulated, even down to the most basic levels. We are all watching a magic show, where the right hand is displayed and the left hand does something sneaky.

History is one of our most precious tools. Through a good understanding of history, we may view future events. What is happening in America has happened to other countries in the past. When America falls, another country will rise to take its place – where the same thing will happen there.

We live in a world of repetition – where the same stories are told over and over again, just in a different form and setting.

The sad part is that people want to blame the government for our woes, but I say blame ourselves.

If we would take on more self responsibility, and look to ourselves for salvation, then we wouldn’t have to look to a reigning power.

The masses are like children, who constantly look to mommy & daddy for help – when they could do it their selves.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I really liked your response. I definitely agree. Especially if I'm going to say I truly believe that we create the world around us. The only change I can truly bring is change from my self to my Self.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
first off those leaders are there to take the blame for the tptb

secondly the mere fact they go along with it makes them guilty

thirdly the fact they don't come out with radical ideas and make serious changes as soon as they get the office position is another reason why they get the blame...

you can only play idiot tool for so long ...

They are there to represent us ? So if things mess up why wouldnt we blame them?

after all if i was in power i would tell the tptb to suck it ... make my radical changes and await my "accident"

atleast i'll go out with a bang and do something right for the country instead of playing puppet and rolling over ...

yes i do blame bush and obama for not standing up and letting there strings be pulled

just as guilty .

"If we would take on more self responsibility, and look to ourselves for salvation, then we wouldn’t have to look to a reigning power"

You should ask the kids of libiya how there self responsiblity is going
Its ugly messy and somewhere you would not want even bacteria to live
edit on 29-7-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The Democrats say they want lower taxes….

The Republicans say they want lower taxes….

The Democrats say they want out of war….

The Republicans say they want out of war….

If they truly wanted these things, then why are we taxed to death and still in war?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I completely understand where you're coming from with this, but all I can say is that most of the turmoil over in the middle east can be traced back to some form of involvement with the USA, Russia (in the past), and China (although you're right in saying these countries may need some form of help but the US is famous for it's "help" if you know what I mean). My main point with this thread is to simply ask all of us out there to stop blaming ANYBODY that's out there in the "spotlight" simply because I believe they were put there for that specific reason... to make us argue and not band together. If everyone took a step back they would realize that the whole political scheme never and I mean NEVER has the common person as the center of interest.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'll say what I have said in other threads.
The hell with who is/was/will be president.
You want to point fingers, point them squarely at Congress.
They are the power in this government. They're the ones that allow, encourage and condone all these things that we hate our presidents for to occur.
They publicly play games of politics for the public, bickering like children all the while passing legislation that consistently and continuously tears our world and our lives apart. They pass constantly through revolving doors between corporate and financial industries into government seats where they conspire to strip as much as they can from us to give back to those industries they came from. If they don't milk that money cow as a lifetime politician they slink their way back into those industries arms, conflict of interests and fat wallets in tow.

Nothing that happens in government, be it by presidential decree or some pork buried deep in some 1500 page "bill" happens without their complicity. That's were we should always be looking. That's where we need to clean house.

We need more than a congress filled with career politician, investment banks, corporate businessmen and corporate lawyers. What incentive do these people have to benefit the common populace? None. We need a congress of term limits, not endless money bins, a congress of small business owners, those that built the communities that built our industries, a congress or teachers, factory workers, farmers, scientists and more.

We need a congress of the people, without lobbyists, without the influence of corporations and investment bankers. A congress that not only knows what life for the common citizenry is like, but a congress from that citizenry and after their term will return to that citizenry, subject to the legislation they enact in office once they're out of office.

Politics is a game and the time for games is over.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
I'll say what I have said in other threads.
The hell with who is/was/will be president.
You want to point fingers, point them squarely at Congress.
They are the power in this government. They're the ones that allow, encourage and condone all these things that we hate our presidents for to occur.
They publicly play games of politics for the public, bickering like children all the while passing legislation that consistently and continuously tears our world and our lives apart. They pass constantly through revolving doors between corporate and financial industries into government seats where they conspire to strip as much as they can from us to give back to those industries they came from. If they don't milk that money cow as a lifetime politician they slink their way back into those industries arms, conflict of interests and fat wallets in tow.

Nothing that happens in government, be it by presidential decree or some pork buried deep in some 1500 page "bill" happens without their complicity. That's were we should always be looking. That's where we need to clean house.

We need more than a congress filled with career politician, investment banks, corporate businessmen and corporate lawyers. What incentive do these people have to benefit the common populace? None. We need a congress of term limits, not endless money bins, a congress of small business owners, those that built the communities that built our industries, a congress or teachers, factory workers, farmers, scientists and more.

We need a congress of the people, without lobbyists, without the influence of corporations and investment bankers. A congress that not only knows what life for the common citizenry is like, but a congress from that citizenry and after their term will return to that citizenry, subject to the legislation they enact in office once they're out of office.

Politics is a game and the time for games is over.

BRAVO!!! I agree with everything you said.

What are the chances they would ever vote themselves term limits? We know that is ZERO. I wish that had been included in the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

I can definitely agree with this. But that brings up another question then. If we were to strip congress bare and completely put in a new crew would they change anything or just keep the status quo?? Also a reply to the post after yours, I agree and do you think they should tack on an amendment that prevents lobbying??

edit on 7/29/2011 by nathanscottecho because: Forgot a word ha

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
reply to post by dethduck

I can definitely agree with this. But that brings up another question then. If we were to strip congress bare and completely put in a new crew would they change anything or just keep the status quo??
That depends on whether we continue to vote in the same old same old,i.e. career politicians, corporate cronies and bankers and the like, or whether we put those from the same pool as the rest of us and not the top one tenth of one percent.

Also a reply to the post after yours, I agree and do you think they should tack on an amendment that prevents lobbying??

edit on 7/29/2011 by nathanscottecho because: Forgot a word ha
It's through the lobbying process that corporations gained such an influential foothold into the pockets of our government and legislators. It once served as a way for the people to get their voices heard in congress but somewhere along the line became an "institution" and tool of those with money and power. A moratorium on lobbying needs to be put in place after clearing congress so that the lobbying laws can be rewritten to give that voice back to the people and prevent the undue influence that powerful companies and bankers have enjoyed through it for decades.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
reply to post by seedofchucky

I completely understand where you're coming from with this, but all I can say is that most of the turmoil over in the middle east can be traced back to some form of involvement with the USA, Russia (in the past), and China (although you're right in saying these countries may need some form of help but the US is famous for it's "help" if you know what I mean). My main point with this thread is to simply ask all of us out there to stop blaming ANYBODY that's out there in the "spotlight" simply because I believe they were put there for that specific reason... to make us argue and not band together. If everyone took a step back they would realize that the whole political scheme never and I mean NEVER has the common person as the center of interest.

the history in the middle east doesn't matter stop living int he past . Its the ACTIONS of the PRESENT that dictate the future . Simple. I don't blame obama for the past I blame obama for the present ...

How hard is that to understand? Obama is playing along with them instead of making a U Turn like Ron Paul would .... This makes him just as guilty as the ones responsible for the past

live in the present my good man

..... they were put there on the spotlight by tptb ....

Did you miss the memo about them playing along and rolling over for them making them just as guilty?

Do you understand obama can stand up and make radical changes like ron paul wants? He has the spotlight of the world on him . This is his chance to make real changes but he doesn't because he plays along with it . Naturally we will blame him for rolling over ? He is the president of the united states ? Represents us ? but choses to ignore us ? ...

The president is the one with the power to atleast voice his opinion on change if nothing more. The world will listien if a major head espically of the united states were to say so...

But you say lets not blame him ? because the tptb made him do it ? gimme a break....

i don't know how easy it is to sell your soul but mine not as much =) I would rather take a bullet then roll over

Do you understand what would happen say if ron paul was elected as president?

When he fixes many major problems with the economy will you also say ....

TPTB Made him fix it ?

gimme a break .....
edit on 29-7-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

top topics

join