It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus driver caught doing paperwork while driving (Video included)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The title is pretty self explanatory.

LINK

Mods or members please feel free to embed the YouTube video included in the link. I apologize but I am on my mobile and can't embed.

A bus driver in Gatineau, Que., may face disciplinary action after he was caught on video filling out paperwork at the wheel.

MAY face disciplinary action!!
If found guilty, which he obviously is he should face criminal action. He endangered people's lives.

A video clip uploaded to YouTube on July 18 shows the driver glancing down at a sheet of paper, writing on it and folding it twice, and putting away a briefcase he had placed on his lap -- all while steering the vehicle past oncoming traffic down the city's streets.

If I would have been on that bus I would have done more than record. Though I am glad this was recorded so we have proof of his stupid behavior.

At times during the 57-second clip, he appears to steer the wheel with his knees

The city has no choice but to fire this guy. I don't think any union will condone this type of behavior from it's employees. He endangered the lives of everyone on that bus not counting all the other drivers in traffic and pedestrians. I always get angry when I hear about such thoughtless acts by employees that endanger the public. I bet he won't be able to use them as a reference for his future job search

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

edit on 29-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: Whoops wrong thread lol

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That is quite a feat.I salute you mr.bus driver.Somebody buy that man a cold heineken.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
...please feel free to embed the YouTube video included in the link.

I know I probably shouldn't be, but I cannot help but laughing at that.

It is possible, that over the years, I may have done something similar to this, but that would have been in my own car, and not while being paid to drive others around lol.

If I had been the one who recorded that, as soon as I stepped off the bus I would have told him to search for himself on Youtube later that day.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That is a prime example of multi-tasking.This man is giving 100 percent plus some.Employee of the month right there.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Ha, might as well get him a Heine while he is driving. Paperwork, beer, and driving. Now I am impressed.

By the way I was kidding about the driving with the beer part

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Anybody know what 'STO' is?

I didn't see it in the linked article. It is mentioned a few times on Youtube; in the comments, and in the video title. The 1st 2 results that my Bing search gave me were 'Star Trek Online,' and 'Sports Time Ohio.' I'm pretty sure it is probably neither of those.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thanks for posting the video

You are right though, there is a small bit of twisted humor in this story. Since no one was hurt I guess it's okay to joke about it.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They should hang a flatscreen tv in there.That driver could watch a good movie too all at the same time.His skills are amazing,thanks for the video.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

STO is the transit service for that region. It is the area across the river in Ottawa on the Quebec side. I used to ride those buses in my early teen years.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No problem. ....and thanx. I figured it was something to do with transportation, but I wasn't thinking about it being French.

In case anybody missed this from the Youtube comments.

Actually, the STO saw the video and an investigation is under way. He'll most likely be facing disciplinary action for not paying attention on the road and putting so many lives at risk. Also, this made it onto the news which is where I heard about it. If he/she simply went up to the bus driver, it could've lead to a confrontation which could've just made the situation worse. You need to look at both sides of the picture.

YingJie123 12 hours ago 4

top topics

join