It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is exactly where it should be!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

To clarify I would have thought Ice out days would have been 30 days shorter....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I don't necessarily believe the sun is out of whack, I don't believe it is acting normally either though. One comment I would have concerning your proof you offer up though. The sun is not a two dimensional object, and the New York pictures would not necessarily need a third plane to be true. Can you somehow prove that the third plane is not out of whack?

The reason I ask about the third plane? The Earth is round. Just because the sun is in the same place every year in one place, would not necessarily mean that would be true everywhere, because of our 3d world.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Ok.
That link says that a few arctic species are laying eggs 30 days earlier than they were 10 years ago. We know that a warming trend affects polar regions first and most. The article also says this.

If you think spring has been arriving earlier, you’re right: although nothing has changed in Earth’s orbit, and the balance of day and night hours has not shifted, the warmth associated with spring has been tiptoeing in sooner than it did 40 years ago

www.sharonlbegley.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Sheeze..... we all don't need to go to elementary school science (tired & inappropriate answers)...

the point is that many observers are quite sure that the Sun is rising/traversing-the-sky/setting in a different place than their memory says it should be...

We (or at least I) have given a most elucidating explaination---of just WHY---many people at various locations are insistant that their observations are true-&-correct..

That the 'apparent' path of the Sun's rising & setting are ''different'' (really noticeable in the last 6-10 years)

expanding Earth... is causing the multitude of Million Square Miles Domes and depressions in the Earth's crust...which leads directly to the observation that the Sun or Stars have 'moved'...

but it's more like that your/one's perspective of the Sun or Moon's path has changed...from the observers viewpoint..

and Not the Orbital mechanics/momentum that have mysteriously changed

i think this is the 5th thread that does not look at the obvious explaination
(the ground is moving and thus making the Sun/Moon/stars 'appear to be in a different path'.

Sheeze

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 140BPM

The sun is white, the misnomer that the sun is yellow probably stems back when all of us are taught to draw.

So of course you can't draw a white sun on white paper so we get told "use yellow".

And from then on, we think the sun is yellow.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Our Sun is a "G" Class yellow star. We tend to see yellower light here on terra firma because the smaller wavelengths of visible light (ie blue violet etc) get scattered more in our atmosphere. The surface temp of our star also is in the yellow wavelength. The interior temprature of the star means that it emits "white" light (all the visible wavelengths).
I personally think more shortwave lengths are making it through our atmosphere because the light does seem harsher than 20 years ago, not only that but it burns skin quicker ... I think the ozone is not doing so well up there.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I agree changes in the earth's topography make sense here....It would be great to have the places plotted on map to see where the issues have been noticed.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by 140BPM

The sun is white, the misnomer that the sun is yellow probably stems back when all of us are taught to draw.

So of course you can't draw a white sun on white paper so we get told "use yellow".

And from then on, we think the sun is yellow.

its that color.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

That's the sun through image filters.

The sun is white:

www.universetoday.com...
www.todayifoundout.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by BobAthome

That's the sun through image filters.

The sun is white:

www.universetoday.com...
www.todayifoundout.com...

From your link,

It’s only when light from the Sun passes through the Earth’s atmosphere that in changes in color, from white, to the yellow we see here on Earth.

So we should actually be viewing the sun as yellow, but I thought you said this only a few posts back,

The sun is white, the misnomer that the sun is yellow probably stems back when all of us are taught to draw. So of course you can't draw a white sun on white paper so we get told "use yellow". And from then on, we think the sun is yellow.

So what is it?

Seems like we are supposed to be seeing the sun as yellow, but right now a lot of people, including me did notice the sun is whiter and brighter, so something does appear to be off, much like your arguments are off.
edit on 31-7-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Er no, from the start I have said the sun is white.

It's white.

On earth it can appear red, yellow, orange and many variances thereof, but it's actual colour is WHITE

Kapish?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No you were claiming that we see the sun as yellow, from Earth, because we cannot draw the colour white on paper as kids, and are told to use yellow instead, and therefore think the sun is yellow.

The sun is white, the misnomer that the sun is yellow probably stems back when all of us are taught to draw. So of course you can't draw a white sun on white paper so we get told "use yellow". And from then on, we think the sun is yellow.

No Chad, we don´t think the sun is yellow, we actually really see it as yellow, you own link,

t’s only when light from the Sun passes through the Earth’s atmosphere that in changes in color, from white, to the yellow we see here on Earth.

So your little story about why we think the sun is yellow, is total hogwash, silly and poppycocks. We think it looks yellow, because it has always looked yellow to us.

It is clear that you were initially claiming that we only thought it was yellow, not that we actually are supposed to see it as yellow.

You contradict that claim with your own link. Can you at least admit that you were off on that?

Why you would do this while lots of people are claiming that it looks white lately, while it used to be more yellow, is beyond me.

Kapish.

I also couldn´t find the post from 140bpm you replied to, what did he say exactly?

edit on 31-7-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Stop putting words in my mouth.

And stop trolling my thread please.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Wow, how am I putting words in your mouth, I qouted your exaxct own words, twice.

Please explain what you meant then, cause you said what you said obviously.

I see, the mere action of questioning you, puts me in the troll division.

Very pathetic, I think you need to let some mods know, for your protection right?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's always a breath of fresh air to read threads derived from logic, common sense, and proper scientific data. We seem to get only one of these for every 25 ridiculous threads that hit ATS. So thank you Chadwickus.

It seems that much of this idea that the sun has shifted dramatically and is setting in a different part of the horizon is based on subordinate and incorrect information.

Why should the interpretations of an uneducated indigenous tribe in the Canadian Arctic that no one has ever heard of before this, supersede established, current, and reliable scientific data about our Sun and the poles of the Earth?

If we can get some real observable scientific data the sun is exhibiting a different path through our sky then I'd be more than happy to give it a consideration. I won't hold my breath though.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Why should the interpretations of an uneducated indigenous tribe in the Canadian Arctic that no one has ever heard of before this, supersede established, current, and reliable scientific data about our Sun and the poles of the Earth?
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Speak for yourself, an average educated person has heard about the Inuit people way before this.

Maybe because they have depended on the sun, moon and constellations, and natural indicators for navigation and survival in general, and are much closer to nature than we are.

I´m not saying it is conclusive, but it´s sure worth to consider it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

It's always a breath of fresh air to read threads derived from logic, common sense, and proper scientific data. We seem to get only one of these for every 25 ridiculous threads that hit ATS. So thank you Chadwickus.

Yes the OP's thread was full of " scientific data"

Define Data : factual information (as measurements or statistics) used as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or calculation.
Define Scientific : of, relating to, or exhibiting the methods or principles of science.

Now go back to OP and see if you can find any of the above.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

What are you defending exactly?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You speak for yourself. Not many people have heard of them I bet. Go ask 10 people not of ATS influence if they've heard of the Inuit tribe and see how many say yes.... But really, that's besides the point.

What if the elders are mistaken? I saw the video. And it didn't show anything in the way of observable data. Just a couple of tribesman speaking about climate change.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

It´s just a bit ironic that you look down on uneducated people like they´re morons, but claim to have never heard of the most famous Eskimo tribe.

Maybe you should tone down the arrogance a bit, and show some respect.

These people have a wealth of accumulated knowledge of their surroundings and nature, wich enables them to survive in an environment that would probably kill you in less than an hour.

They depend on their knowledge for survival, the fact that they are still here tells me they know their stuff.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join