It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is exactly where it should be!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

i think i would trust the inuit people before i believe what science tells me.

And here in lies the problem.

People have become paranoid about mainstream science, the anti-science movement in the conspiracy community has made it so that any ancient or native culture is automatically seen as better, smarter and more trustworthy. Scientists and their facts be damned, the fallible baseless claims of a few natives have officially trumped reality.

Star and Flag to the OP but unfortunately facts can only sway those that actually care about the truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i know this is gonna be off topic and all but,

everytime i see that thread title I think

"The SUN is what we THOUGHT it was!"

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Originally posted by OnlyLove
reply to post by AzureSky

Why do you trust inuit people so blindly? Like they posses some mythical powers.
There just people like you and me.

with the same problems like you and me.
Link

They don't need to possess a mystical power?
They're hunter-gatherers, they know how to read the stars and sky, they dont use gps to get home when they're out hunting at night, they use the stars, same in the day, they grew up with the sun being in the same position.

So i wouldn't say blindly trusting them, its obvious really. They know the land, so they know when the land changes.

Makes sense in my mind

But, as noted several times, you are taking a tiny fraction of the available data on the subject and pretending it represents the whole. The explanation for what these particular Inuit 'elders' are seeing is detailed in the ENTIRE documentary, and not the tiny out-of-context video posted previously.

IN ADDITION, it is racist to pretend that a handful of 'elders' represent the whole of the Inuit populations opinions (just as it is racist to say 'the blacks all like rap music), and that they are some mystical being who live more 'in tune' with the land than any other cultures.

You are GROSSLY misrepresenting information that points to CLIMATE CHANGE and trying to manipulate it to your own dsiproved/debunked fantastical ideas.

S and F to the OP for an AWESOME thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

"The blind rulers of Logres
Nourished the land on a fallacy of rational virtue."
-- Charles Williams. Taliessin through Logres

nice thread mate

however I've been an astronomy buff since i could read.
and have had this happen to me as well.

of course what you've posted is all good basic science no problems there.

but you forgot about the 2nd sun phenomenon which might have something to do with it

i must however, take issue with the racist implications/comments posted on this thread, by yourself, boncho and others.
i will merely point out that that is how brainwashed people talk about those who have avoided being brainwashed, due to isolation, or active opposition to dominating paradigms and politics.
i.e. all native-americans are alcoholics and lacking upstairs.

as for yourself, indeed, the "gut instincts" of western urban people are not to be trusted [too much garbage in; thus garbage out]

but that is not necessarily so for primitive people.

again 2nd sun may be a/the key factor,here, could be some sort of dimensional shifting.

can't say at this point as that would be closed-minded, wouldn't it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to all the posters claiming case closed

reply to post by Titen-Sxull

no no dear fellow if people are getting "paranoid about science" it's because of all the pseudo-science that vested interests have pushed on people: i.e.like gmo's are good for you, big pharma cares about you, there's nothing to worry about in outer space rabbithole2.com...[that's just fear-mongering] etc.

speaking for myself it's Official Science that is to be mistrusted, when scientists get in bed with politics and the mega-corps any credibility they had goes out the window IMO. science following the scientific method and keeping an open mind like the OP has done here is just fine with me. [though all chad has done is provide a collection of known data, hopefully hypothesis ,experiment and "conclusion" will be forthcoming when he logs back on] however when i see people falling into the trap of "knowing"...

reply to post by 140BPM

reply to post by Pauligirl

actually, you are both wrong, at least from a higher perspective. :lol
the earth is falling/spiraling into the sun's gravity well but the sun is also falling/spiraling into the galaxy's gravity well which in turn is falling/spiraling... well you get the picture.

nothing is ever what it seems on the surface.
:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

i must however, take issue with the racist implications/comments posted on this thread, by yourself, boncho and others.
i will merely point out that that is how brainwashed people talk about those who have avoided being brainwashed, due to isolation, or active opposition to dominating paradigms and politics.
i.e. all native-americans are alcoholics and lacking upstairs.

Indeed, it is as inaccurate to say all 'the inuit' are alcoholics as it is to say they are all magically more in tune with the planet than other peoples

as for yourself, indeed, the "gut instincts" of western urban people are not to be trusted [too much garbage in; thus garbage out]

but that is not necessarily so for primitive people.

"Primatve people"? Who's the racist?

www.arcticphoto.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

"Behold, i teach you the Superman, man is something to be overcome." -Nietzsche

a primitive person is a person whose perceptions/thoughts are not clouded
by the veneer/illusion of so called "civilization".

the picture you posted was of pajama people, not primitives [you can see the brainwashing device that made them so in the pic], which by the way, is not a bad thing to be, as you seem to believe, or were taught.
nor has anything to do with racism, except in your head,and to the so called "civilized"/tamed,sleeked and fattened, on a fallacy of rational virtue, by The blind rulers of Logres.especially when their posts contribute zip/zero/nada to the discussion

the racism i addressed is the persistent racist drivel expounded by so called "civilized people"* as to the non contribution by non Europeans to human progress as if the world was just a cesspool of ignorance and backwardness until *european cristians arrived on the scene.
that's one of the worst forms of close-mindedness there is, IMO.

lol that's like people who've got their heads firmly wedged up their butts, making fun of people who don't, referring to them as upside-down people.

or Bizzarro claiming to be the the real Superman, and claiming that Superman is the imperfect duplicate.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I now see that responding to your points with reason and facts was foolish. You can't even compose a coherent thought or sentence.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There are many great details of these claims you have overlooked...

The sun IS where it's supposed to be... but not to the observer... the poles ARE shifting, this to the eye will make the sun appear to be in a different pathway in the visual sky....

"Sorry for the brief high school lesson but any change in where the sun is would change the seasons all over the globe."

and they are... a pole shift has the same effect, subjecting different territories to more or less sun exposure... Thus "Climate Change"

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LosTNForGotteNWayS

Also, go check your compass ;P

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

i must however, take issue with the racist implications/comments posted on this thread, by yourself, boncho and others. i will merely point out that that is how brainwashed people talk about those who have avoided being brainwashed, due to isolation, or active opposition to dominating paradigms and politics. i.e. all native-americans are alcoholics and lacking upstairs.

What I posted was not racist, it was a description of the people, their educational limits and their location:

Post by Boncho
Yeah, a group of rural people that have no education and are years behind the rest of the world.... They know exactly what is going on...

They are from my country, we subsidize the ones that live in larger communities. The education the government offers them is sub-par because it's hard to get proper materials up to the remote areas, and just as difficult to convince people to go work there.

In no way what I said was racist.

Regarding the traditional peoples, they have their own learning systems, which you can Read a paper on here.

edit on 30-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosTNForGotteNWayS
There are many great details of these claims you have overlooked...

The sun IS where it's supposed to be... but not to the observer... the poles ARE shifting, this to the eye will make the sun appear to be in a different pathway in the visual sky....

"Sorry for the brief high school lesson but any change in where the sun is would change the seasons all over the globe."

and they are... a pole shift has the same effect, subjecting different territories to more or less sun exposure... Thus "Climate Change"

-facepalm-

I am absolutely speechless.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

very well, in your case, i stand corrected; i should have used the word: condescending, and not lumped you in with others.

beware the jabberwocky, my friend, and the upside-down/inside-out people as well [see above].

and thank you for the civil reply,
it's all ways nice "arguing" with you, boncho

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by 140BPM
Let's bring Einstein into this.

Do you have a Fitness Trampette? Do you have a large Metal Sphere?
If you have answered yes to the above questions, place the Sphere in the Center of the Trampette.
See how the Sphere bends the Trampette? That is the same as the Sun in Space, according to Einstein.
Now get a coin. Set the coin rolling around Sphere. This is the Earth Orbiting the Sun. Keep watching.
The coin will slowly get closer to the Sun.
This my friends indicates that the Earth IS getting closer to the Sun which would explain why the Ice Caps are melting.
So if Einstein is right in his Theory, it blows this Thread right out of the water.
If the Earth is getting closer to the Sun, it will change Position, which some people are reporting.
My question is: Who is right here? Einstein, or the Internet?
Well Einstein helped create the Atom Bomb, which we all know exists.
I know which one to believe, and the Internet is not it.

Einstein was right, but you missed a piece of information here.

Just as a bowling ball placed on a trampoline stretches the fabric and causes it to sag, so planets and stars warp space-time - a phenomenon known as the 'geodetic effect'. A marble moving along the trampoline will be drawn inexorably towards the ball.

Thus the planets orbiting the Sun are not being pulled by the Sun; they are following the curved space-time deformation caused by the Sun. The reason the planets never fall into the Sun is because of the speed at which they are travelling.

Gravity Probe B
www.guardian.co.uk...

will a picture help?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

the picture you posted was of pajama people, not primitives [you can see the brainwashing device that made them so in the pic], which by the way, is not a bad thing to be, as you seem to believe, or were taught.
nor has anything to do with racism, except in your head,and to the so called "civilized"/tamed,sleeked and fattened, on a fallacy of rational virtue, by The blind rulers of Logres.especially when their posts contribute zip/zero/nada to the discussion

The picture I posted is of some ACTUAL "Inuit" who you are trying to claim are 'primitive peoples' magically endowed with powers the rest of us dont have.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
more pictures of the Inuit

edit on 30-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I was just wondering why Spring is now one month earlier than it was 30 years ago ? It's been gaining 1 day per year. If our planet / sun / orbits etc have not changed at all then how is this possible with the same amount of sun ?

www.climateandfarming.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Climate change.
The Earth is getting warmer. It could be because the Sun is hotter. It could be because there are more greenhouse gasses. It is not because the tilt of the Earth has changed because it hasn't.

edit on 7/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So why are the ice out days only 9 to 16 days less, when spring is 30 days earlier, also NASA just came out and said that the earth is radiating far more heat than the global warming models predicted.

Also we do know that the earth has moved on it's axis by a small amount these last few years with every 9 earthquake. For the sun cycle guy we know the a pretty small change in the angle was probably responsible for the ice ages / warming periods .. what was it 22. somthing to 23. something .....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

I don't really understand the connection you make between the number of ice out days and the beginning of spring. If you're talking about something in your link I don't see anything about spring being "30 days earlier". Are you talking about "bloom dates?" I see that bloom dates for lilacs changed about 4 days between 1965 and 2001 and that grapes and apples changed about 8 days. But the growing seasons have gotten longer overall, they haven't shifted. They start a little earlier and end a little later.

The earthquakes did not cause a change in Earth's rotational axis. They caused a very tiny change in Earth's figure axis. That produces a very slight change in the rate of precession which is already very slow (1º in 72 years). This would not produce any noticeable effect in the seasons or the location of the sunset.

"This shift in the position of the figure axis will cause the Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but will not cause a shift of the Earth's axis in space - only external forces like the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon, and planets can do that," Gross said.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 7/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry here's the link to 30 days earlier for Spring
www.sharonlbegley.com...

I was just thinking that if warming is increasing just related to changes in the atmosphere, our emmissions of CO2 and methane just keep going up not to mention all the volcanic activity wouldn't we see Winter as 30 days shorter...
Thanks for clearing up the axis issue

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join