It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is exactly where it should be!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

Actually most scientists attribute the 'early sun rise' in Greenland to a number of effects. One of the Main ones being that the Glaciers have melted lower than they have been in centuries and therefore the horizon is literally lower than before. The effect was, after all, only that sunlight crept above the horizon a bit sooner than usual...not that the Sun itself literally rose high into the sky...it only peaked over the horizon a bit earlier than they were used to. It was a real effect...but it was likely due more to climate change than anything else

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ionsoul

bless you,,

umm u can say that here right,,, lol watch this,, disappearing post in 5,,4,,3,,:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Remember when the Earths Wobbled just ,,slowed,,,and stopped,,,? if not go away,,

and it started backup again,, and no they dont know why,, Should get into the discussions at Yale , over that one,, lol of course MIT has all there fancy instruments,, but hey,, sorry,,, lol

especialy when someone introduced the the speculation that ,, the Super Nova Tyco that erupted in 1700 we have a picture of the incomming shockwave from space in 20?? what was that year again,,

they all went gimme,,gimme ,, gimmmee ,, lol
edit on 30-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

edit on 30-7-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Then explain why Im getting sun in my windows and backyard. Never have until this year. So either the sun moved or the earth has. And for weather changes, oregon has not had a summer yet and the news here said we have only had 5 days of 80+ weather. Wtheck is up with that? Im conviced that something big is in the works ive been feeling intense enegrys latey that I cant realky explain.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What if both are right?

What if the sun is where it should be as this thread points out, but also some of those reports in particular locations of it being off a few degrees are true.

But what if the explanation is that those particular locations crustal topography had shifted by a slight amount from recent earthquakes. The Earth's surface is never truly stationary if you really think about it. It is probably quite normal historically for this to happen.

Just tossing out that hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

thats the most intelligent thing ive heard on here in a long time.

add in some plate #s,,, lol shifts,,,, forgot the t lol

thow a gazillion tons of volcanic stuff and dont forget a few nutreno's,,a nutron here and there,, might be right

edit on 30-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
That reminds me of the other day. My friend and I where talking about planetary allignment and earthquakes when he told me that the chili and japan quakes shifted our axis 3degrees. If thats true that would explain our unseasonal weather we have been having. And the weird thing is nobody here seems to notice the change. Its like spring in some aspects how its always cloudy and sun is rare. I seem to be the only one pissed about it nobody even notices the change. In some ways its scary like everyones zombies lol. I want some sun before summers over its almost augest and the news said we havent had a 90 degree day in like 351 days so ya not all year.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The sun is exactly where it should be!,

no kidding?

let me guess, the center of our solar system for the last 4.5 billion years?

sorry, that's all.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by Chadwickus

A question I would like you to answer is why out of the blue are people commenting on the sun being weird different or out of place.People that don't even use a computer. I believe there is something to it I have yet come to a conclusion myself as of yet I am still looking for answers. The best theory so far is the atmosphere is hotter and bending the light more making it seem as though the sun has moved much like putting a stick in a pool of water makes the stick appear to bend.Still looking for answers.

I think a lot of it has to do with what OneNationUnder said: “ Whether it's fear mongering or jumpers onto the bandwagon or doing sloppy or no research.” Most folks don’t notice what is going on in sky except rain/dry, hot/cold, day/night. Most folks don’t notice that the sun’s position relative to the earth changes throughout the year. Or that the moonrise time changes from night to night. Check some of threads where people are asking where the moon is. Or the ones from a couple of years back when people were amazed at the new bright star in the sky they had never seen before. It was Venus, doing what Venus does.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
All it takes is for one person to say “Well, that’s odd” for others to start saying it too.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hello Chad,
I think people here are talking about 'decades' of time but not just about a couple or 5 years.
I believe no one completely understands the secrets of Stone henges (including me). If they are just to track the sun's movements, i wouldn't buy that. Our ancient ppl were far more intelligent than a primitive cave man and us.

You should note one point here, when earth tilts a bit (even 2 degrees), you can see that difference at rising and setting points and this may not be observed precisely at all from parts of the earth but clearly visible from some points. Also, that wouldn't bring change in seasons as you were expecting but it will affect and we may not be able to notice as the climate is changing at a greater pace. I clearly see a difference in my astrology calculations, that i get a diffrence of 16 - 24 minutes of our time when some exact aspects happen, i am in total agreement if some one says that they have noticed the tilt.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
As incredible as this may sound ..

I've never had the slightest doubt that the sun is not where it is supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yea, it is definitely on in normal path through the sky.
At least here in Jersey, it rises and sets in the spot as always.
Looking out my front door, the sun rises right between 2 trees, and that's what it did this morning.
Nothing to see here move along

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Fine, "The sun is exactly where it should be!" What the other thread was really asking is, is the Sun what it should be? Is the Sun the exact same? No, empirically speaking (scientifically), it is not. It is not a quantitative question rather a qualitative one. The sun has been acting quite differently where facts, "science", says so. So if an individual experiences the Sun differently it most certainly matters (pun intended).

The strange case of solar flares and radioactive elements
Dark Fireworks on the Sun
Double Slit Experiment

You have usurped a thread that was discussing a qualitative not quantitative perspective of the Sun. Star and flag for you?

edit on 30-7-2011 by AnotherSon because: We Know that a Self collapsing wave function IS a Self observing wave function... NO?

edit on 30-7-2011 by AnotherSon because: If we could and would Self observe, purely, we would see that we are nothing more than super novas, prepared to collapse upon SELF. IT has been said before.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Let's bring Einstein into this.

Do you have a Fitness Trampette? Do you have a large Metal Sphere?
If you have answered yes to the above questions, place the Sphere in the Center of the Trampette.
See how the Sphere bends the Trampette? That is the same as the Sun in Space, according to Einstein.
Now get a coin. Set the coin rolling around Sphere. This is the Earth Orbiting the Sun. Keep watching.
The coin will slowly get closer to the Sun.
This my friends indicates that the Earth IS getting closer to the Sun which would explain why the Ice Caps are melting.
So if Einstein is right in his Theory, it blows this Thread right out of the water.
If the Earth is getting closer to the Sun, it will change Position, which some people are reporting.
My question is: Who is right here? Einstein, or the Internet?
Well Einstein helped create the Atom Bomb, which we all know exists.
I know which one to believe, and the Internet is not it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hey all,

I am an amature astronomer, I view the sun quite often to keep a lookout on sunspots, obviously through a filter. To view anything through a decent scope, you use the declination, azumith etc etc and the time to find what you are looking for. This is true even if you are using a "GOTO" motorised star finder. I can, without a shadow of a doubt, say that the Sun has not moved. It rises exactly where it should, and sets exactly where it should.

I have been viewing the sun like this for over 10 years. Please believe me, it is precisely where it should be.

I can send you a photo of my scope if that helps

CC
edit on 30-7-2011 by CrazyCloud because: Spelling! D'oh!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I posted this on another thread but wanted to throw it out here as well - if you have read any of the posts on the other threads, you will have noticed some very compelling eyewitness testimony from a large number of posters, for example:

• Garden beds having been postioned for optimum sunshine during summer and having received that optimum sunshine for many years - this year, however, they are getting no sunshine at all due to the sun missing them by a considerable margin
  • Buildings where windows have always received sunshine during the summer months for many years but this year are not - the sun missing them by a considerable margin

Do you have any explanation of how this sudden difference could possibly occur? Or, at least, offer an explanation of how the sun's position could theoretically seem to change (if it could!) due to the earth's journey around it or a change in the earth's wobble???? (Obviously, I have no real expertise in this field!!!!!).

I believe that people should be prepared to admit that if there is convincing evidence of things that do not fit into accepted rules then we should at least admit that this may be a new phenomena and look at possible ways to explain it - rather than deny it's existence.

I, personally, do not accept that a large proportion of these accounts can be explained by bad memory or poor sense of direction............as shown in my examples above, a lot of posters are making reference to things that have not changed in position for some years and have always received the same pattern of sunshine (there would have been minor changes that wouldn't be noticed - I'd guess) but this year a large alteration is being seen.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM
Let's bring Einstein into this.

Do you have a Fitness Trampette? Do you have a large Metal Sphere?
If you have answered yes to the above questions, place the Sphere in the Center of the Trampette.
See how the Sphere bends the Trampette? That is the same as the Sun in Space, according to Einstein.
Now get a coin. Set the coin rolling around Sphere. This is the Earth Orbiting the Sun. Keep watching.
The coin will slowly get closer to the Sun.
This my friends indicates that the Earth IS getting closer to the Sun which would explain why the Ice Caps are melting.
So if Einstein is right in his Theory, it blows this Thread right out of the water.
If the Earth is getting closer to the Sun, it will change Position, which some people are reporting.
My question is: Who is right here? Einstein, or the Internet?
Well Einstein helped create the Atom Bomb, which we all know exists.
I know which one to believe, and the Internet is not it.

Einstein was right, but you missed a piece of information here.

Just as a bowling ball placed on a trampoline stretches the fabric and causes it to sag, so planets and stars warp space-time - a phenomenon known as the 'geodetic effect'. A marble moving along the trampoline will be drawn inexorably towards the ball.

Thus the planets orbiting the Sun are not being pulled by the Sun; they are following the curved space-time deformation caused by the Sun. The reason the planets never fall into the Sun is because of the speed at which they are travelling.

Gravity Probe B
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

But I had these thoughts before realizing others were too. I am a very in tuned and an observant person.
I spend a majority of my time observing all aspects of nature.like I said I'm still not sure what to think but I still have a feeling something is different. My brother who was quite skeptical about this did a 360 and mentioned he thought something is different about it. Well I am still looking.thank you for you're response.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Excellent. I stand corrected. My knowledge database has been updated. Thank you.

I will be looking into this a little more. May I add, that I was reading that many people are now asking why the sun appears to be White instead of Yellow, as I remember it being as a kid. So what gives? What is with people noticing that the Sun is changing?

Here is the forum that I read about the Sun being White, not Yellow.

www.democraticunderground.com... ?az=view_all&address=105x2826252

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join