It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is exactly where it should be!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

What changed was the timing of the "sunset" to take into account the fact that New Jersey is "in the way" of the true horizon, raising it a bit. The Sun was on the grid.

For these two days, as the Sun sets on the grid, half the disk sits above and half below the horizon. My personal preference for photographs. But the day after May 30th (May 31), and the day before July 13 (July 12) also offer Manhattanhenge moments, but at sunset, you instead will find the entire ball of the Sun on the horizon.

www.haydenplanetarium.org...

The Sun is 0.5º wide. In summer it changes is horizontal location at sunset about 0.1º per day. The claim is that the Sun is in completely the wrong place in the sky. It isn't. It's right where it's supposed to be.

edit on 7/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Nidwin

Here ya go:

2006: en.wikipedia.org...
2007: i.huffpost.com...
2008: www.thisisgoingtobebig.com...
2009: www.blippitt.com...
2010: www.flickr.com...
2011: gothamist.com...

Why is number 2 unreliable?

Surely any sudden change would be extremely noticeable?

edit on 29/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

It is noticeable as it shows in your last link the dates have changed.

Monday, May 30 — 8:17 P.M. EDT (half sun) Tuesday, July 12 — 8:25 P.M. EDT (half sun) UPDATE: This has changed to July 13th. Tuesday, May 31 — 8:17 P.M. EDT (full sun) Monday, July 11 — 8:25 P.M. EDT (full sun) UPDATE: This has changed to July 12th.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks,that was an answer I was looking for

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
reply to post by alfa1

Nice picture,and does make sense,but still doesn't answer how Manhattanhenge was a day late, which hasn't have happened before.

Source? The date changes all the time! The date is changed by MAN himself!

Back in March the American Museum of Natural History's Neil deGrasse Tyson gave us a heads up as to the Manhattanhenge dates this year, but since then the July dates have shifted! He's now updated his own notes to say: "July dates shifted from earlier posting by one day to better represent the actual New Jersey horizon visible from looking west across Manhattan."

SOURCE

I guess it just depends on perspective...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thank you so much for this post. I wasn't sure what to make of the whole 'sun is out of position' or more accurately, Earth is out of position debate. I appreciate you taking the time to take a very straight forward and fact based approach to this which seals the deal and ends the debate in my mind. Whatever people think they've seen or been seeing, it sure isn't a change in perceived position of the Sun from Earth's surface given what you have posted.

Thanks again, that was very informative and useful!

edit on 29-7-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
alright chadwicks

First off i wanna tip my hat to you for clearing the air

This thread was long over due ... and i was getting kinda sick of the sun is not where it should be ... Because the sun didn't seem any differnt from its location period for me . I know this because at work i have the tv set near a seat and i know the extact hours i need to move my seat because the sun galre would come in been there past 10 years and still same timings ..

screw the inuit with there crooked eyes can't even see properly all that booze must be impairinig there vision

screw the fear mongerers on ATS who feed the bs

oh btw i really really dislike your avatar .. it reminds me of a stupid cartoon i used to watch when i was younger something with the tic lol

so i request a new avatar mr. cartoon superhero

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This discrepancy can be resolved

A) got to Manhattenhendge and take a picture at the next alignment

B) go to Stonehendge and take a picture at the next alignment

If nothing is out of place the theory is nonsense.

If it is, well what next?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This answer to this issue is more complex and requires an understanding of the transitions the planet is in.

Why would people all of the sudden be saying this, in various locations around the world? It makes sense that folks will see UFO's, they always have and something not understood is the very definition, but the Sun being off is hardly a hysterical- connection type of thing. In fact, many observing the same thing is downright odd. Seems most of the folks who have posted this observation have noticed it first, then posted as opposed to being told and then confirming.

In short. If you notice the change in the Sun, either in quality of light, or location, or even feeling - you are going to transition smoothly when things begin to take hold in the near future.

If you see the sun as exactly the same as you have always seen it, you will transition very differently then the above folks.

The Sun is the consciousness for that guides all of consciousness in our solar system, it is showing you, very subtly that things are changing. If you don't see it, but see the reality you live is as simply stars, dust, theories on black holes then you will transition into a reality that is consistent with your ability to process what is happening - a lessor reality that will mimic what you have now. If you connect with the driving force in your reality, the Sun, then you will access new realities far beyond the limitation of this one.

So, if you understand the consciousness that is at play in this reality, relative to your entire soul based consciousness, then you can understand that seeing both versions of the sun at this time is possible. If you are linear in your thinking, believing in good solid, man made and defined science as your reality, then you won't understand it so simply stop trying to say that anyone who sees things differently then you is an idiot. Remember, the god of science was called an idiot by those before him.

Sun worship, worship, goes back to day one - and it isn't because of the light and warmth, but because it is the overlord of this reality - you just see it as a ball of light.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Not so quickly mate !!!!!

What if the Earth is nearer to the Sun than it would be normally. All the angles and alignments would still be the same, but the Sun would just be nearer to us. On the other hand we might be further away from the Sun and still not see any differences in the angles and alignments about which you speak.

The weather around the world is actually showing signs of being out of order as I am sure Al Gore will tell you.

The "Solar Year", our orbit around the Sun, used to be 360 days. Now we see it being 365.25 days.

The Earths orbit around the Sun is affected by the roughly 100,000 year Milankovich Cycle. Also there is the roughly 26,000 year Precessionary Cycle. Thus the length of the Solar Year can and does change and the angles and alignments do change. So yes. Something is going on. Astronomers have continually adjusted their telescopic mountings such that we simply ignor these minor changes. Anyway such little changes are simply nothing to get worried about. Interesting though.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 29/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This theory has been proven to be false after both scientific and common sense analysis. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but to trust the memory/words of only a few over the thousands of scientific sources that say otherwise is a bit ignorant to the facts. Thank you Chadwickus for the analysis and post, it is greatly appreciated. Let's not let this turn into another "New Zealand and Australia have switched positions, then blame it on an "alternate timeline"" argument.

I think this has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, let's thank all sides of the discussion for their participation and thoughts. Just my .02 of course in the jar, take it or leave it.

edit on 29-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

What if the Earth is nearer to the Sun than it would be normally. All the angles and alignments would still be the same, but the Sun would just be nearer to us.

And it would appear to be larger.
As you get nearer to things, they appear (in an angular sense) larger.
Solar eclipses would be different than expected, since the moon would not be able to cover the larger sun anymore, and all eclipses would be annular.

This has not happened.
Eclipses are still, exactly as expected.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
double post

edit on 29-7-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

What if the Earth is nearer to the Sun than it would be normally. All the angles and alignments would still be the same, but the Sun would just be nearer to us.

And it would appear to be larger.
As you get nearer to things, they appear (in an angular sense) larger.
Solar eclipses would be different than expected, since the moon would not be able to cover the larger sun anymore, and all eclipses would be annular.

This has not happened.
Eclipses are still, exactly as expected.

Thanks for responding. Yes the orbit of the Moon around the Earth is affected by the changes I mention. But the changes are so small and insignificant that it is just not worth worrying. The Moon follows a roughly 52 year cycle in its eclipses. Stonehenge in UK was built to predict lunar and solar eclipses by that very cycle. That would not change. But what would change is the distance between the Earth and the Moon. In deed we do observe changes of that nature. Only the other week we had a "Super Moon" looking really big due to the Moon being exceptionally nearer to the Earth. Then a few weeks later the Moon was exceptionally further away looking smaller than normal. These are only to be expected orbital fluctuations. Observing these changes is a line of research, but analysis requires a Degree in Mathematics to extrapolate what the **** is going on. Astronomers only have what is called Parallax as the method by which to measure distances of objects out there in space. The mathematics of parallax calculation is infinitely complicated anyway, plus the measuring process is not exactly rocket science. Calculations require the complexity of Trigonometry. Sines and Cosines and Tangents. Honestly just forget about it. It is far too much hard labour. Even using super computers there would be errors.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 29/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
So many here at ATS seem to think the sun isn't where it's meant to be, this may upset a few here but they're all wrong and I can prove it from several different angles.

Firstly, any major change to the suns angle here on earth would greatly influence the weather, the tilt of the earth creates the seasons, right now it's summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60805f3108c1.png[/atsimg]

Sorry for the brief high school lesson but any change in where the sun is would change the seasons all over the globe.

Secondly, there is a type of photography that is called solargraphy, it captures the suns movement through the sky each day, here's an example here:

This has gained popularity since 2000.

This site solargraphy.com has been documenting solargraphs from all over the world since 2002.

Hundreds of people all over the world have been doing this for over 10 years now, no change in the sun has been documented, any shift would be clearly visible in these solargraphs.

Thirdly, there are several structures all over the globe that were built for a specific reason, the most famous is Stonehenge, built over 4000 years ago, this structure aligns with the setting sun of the summer solstice, why hasn't anyone who has visited this place during a solstice reported that there was no alignment?

Stonehenge isn't the only place to have a predictable alignment, another popular one is Manhattanhenge.

Twice yearly the setting sun will align with the east-west streets of Manhattan.

Here's an image showing Manhattanhenge since 2006.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87d363003e56.png[/atsimg]

All looks well to me.

There are other reasons but I think these three cover it well enough for now.

So I'm sorry to say but hard facts, which by the way are easily verified trump gut feelings and memories.

forgot some DATA

"The earthquake moved Honshu 2.4 m (8 ft) east and shifted the Earth on its axis by estimates of between 10 cm (4 in) and 25 cm (10 in).[26][27][28]

This deviation led to a number of small planetary changes, including the length of a day and the tilt of the Earth.[28] The speed of the Earth's rotation increased, shortening the day by 1.8 microseconds due to the redistribution of Earth's mass.[57] The axial shift was caused by the redistribution of mass on the Earth's surface, which changed the planet's moment of inertia. Because of conservation of angular momentum, such changes of inertia result in small changes to the Earth's rate of rotation.[58] These are expected changes[28] for an earthquake of this magnitude.[26][57]"
unquote

i didnt have time too search all of the recent quakes,,and past.

"shifted the Earth on its axis"

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

That's what happens when the press gets a hold of a scientific technical discussion. The Earth's axis did not shift the location of its "figure axis" did.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Those pictures have got to be fake right......

edit on 29-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Very well said, my friend! I made a similar post to a recent thread about the many archaeological sites throughout the world (such as the Sun Dagger sacred Native American site: At the top of Fajada Butte). All of these sites...many of which are thousands of years old, and which many people gather to every single year to experience, would now not work if the Sun was only a few degrees off in the sky. The fact that not a single person of the hundreds, and hundreds of people that visit them each year to experience their 'magic' at particular dates (all according to how they were designed...most of them are designed to have an effect on one of the Solstices)....that none of these visitors have said a single word about the fact that one of these sites failed to work in recent years, even though such an event would be mind blowing to say the least, is pretty good proof that the Sun is right where it is supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Speaking of old mother earth,, figure axis,, hows that buldge comming along,, and the new glass's or was that ,,magnifying glass's in space? u don't say?,, but NOt too get off topic or anything,,shouldn't u be keeping a eye on the San Andraus? not sure if i spelled it right? but hey this the real world.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

u shld tlk too the INUIT,, there up North,, well directions changed but ,, might want too have Eyes up their.

A windy one. lol

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove
Nice thread Chad

Aldough i don't believe in the whole 'sun is out of place' banter that is flowing around i do have a question.

Weren't there report of the sun rising up 2 days early? What was the cause of that?
I seem to remember something about it.

Was this just simple misjudgement?

ETA: it was in greenland and 2 days

edit on 29/7/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

You have it ! This event happened [never question an Inuit]
It is not the sun moving but earth tilting to it's furthest distance from our angle relative to
the sun. [the wobbly top principle]
We are near that apex and things will normalize barring any unknown magnetic anomalies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join