It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is exactly where it should be!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Another thread on this very topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread got moved from here to Space Exploration. I guess someone reported me. Lets see how long before the haters report this thread too.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

You make a valid point,but as pointed out Manhattanhenge is off by a day; which could only conclude that there was indeed a shift. If there is another logical explanation then please tell me so.

We all want to know the truth here

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

But when it comes down to it, i think i would trust the inuit people before i believe what science tells me.

Sorry, I will trust scientific fact before I trust a people that fail to realize that living in snow sucks. These people don't provide any measurements and only speculation. They have no clue about the true nature of our solar system. They have no clue about the ecliptic. I too also like to think that native peoples have some hidden knowledge but lets be clear, books are better than spoken history. People just don't make good observers especially when trying to compare something using memory.
edit on 29-7-2011 by BIGPoJo because: Edit - This video is due to polar ice caps melting as previously stated in this thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide

You make a valid point,but as pointed out Manhattanhenge is off by a day; which could only conclude that there was indeed a shift. If there is another logical explanation then please tell me so.

its as simple as this.. if the sun has changed position and people all around the world are noticing it, then it shouldn't be difficult for someone to put together a solid case with scientific evidence, showing the sun has changed position.. tell me why has no one done that?
where are all the amateur astronomers who have studied this stuff for years? (are there any on this site, with an opinion?)
no matter how controlled msm are, something this big couldn't be contained.. it would spread the globe like wildfire..

i dont know enough about the astronomy to tell you 100% the sun is exactly the same.... but common sense tells me everything is fine..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

its as simple as this.. if the sun has changed position and people all around the world are noticing it, then it shouldn't be difficult for someone to put together a solid case with scientific evidence, showing the sun has changed position.. tell me why has no one done that?
where are all the amateur astronomers who have studied this stuff for years? (are there any on this site, with an opinion?)
no matter how controlled msm are, something this big couldn't be contained.. it would spread the globe like wildfire..

i dont know enough about the astronomy to tell you 100% the sun is exactly the same.... but common sense tells me everything is fine..

They did put together the meta-scientific evidence but since we are not "awake" we cannot see teh evidence. Turn out that those who are "awake" cannot see our science either...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Great evidence I just mentioned in some other thread that if we placed past pictures it would be conclusive! well someone already did made it happen!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Sarcasm isn't always the answer you know.

@observers it may be coming from the same direction,but its a day later as previous years.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
nevermind.. i get it...
edit on 29/7/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by BIGPoJo

They did put together the meta-scientific evidence but since we are not "awake" we cannot see teh evidence. Turn out that those who are "awake" cannot see our science either...

what science? i havent see one bit to show its moved.. why dont you make a thread and present it all?

I did. Just not the type of thread you think I made.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
As I mentioned in another thread for the past decade during the summer months the sun hits hit my window in such a way that, even though the window would be considered facing the north, the light makes it through the blinds and smacks me in the face when I'm in bed in the morning.

To answer the questions about why so many people seem to notice I think I have a very good answer to that. The power of suggestion whether blunt or subconscious can be a very powerful thing. I guarantee that if you walked up to someone and said "Hey wasn't the sun over a little that way more. It seems to have moved don't you think?" you would get a good majority who would simply agree. Sometimes people hear or read things and then forget about them. Then they look up at the sky one day and boom they look up at the sun and think maybe it has moved and convince themselves of this.

To demonstrate my point there was a show on a couple of years ago about stage magicians playing pranks on people. This Qi Gong master had a student do something and they levitated. He then placed his hand where the person had levitated and asked can you feel that energy here put your hand there. Then one woman placed her hand there and answered she could and it was amazing or something along those lines..

Believe me. If the sun wasn't hitting me in the face this summer I'd be arguing for a different side.
edit on 29-7-2011 by DetectiveT because: spelling

edit on 29-7-2011 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There are all around the world a MASSIVE number of telescopes that have their mountings permanently "polar aligned", in order to more easily counteract the rotation of the earth and to be able to track objects as they rise and set.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33c3803135ca.jpg[/atsimg]

These mountings have to be rather accurately set.

If the earth had in any way at all wobbled off axis at all, EVERY one of these telescopes would require realignment.
For the larger ones set in concrete, this would be very expensive and time consuming work.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07521f1ec928.jpg[/atsimg]

Hasnt happened.

edit on 29-7-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Nice picture,and does make sense,but still doesn't answer how Manhattanhenge was a day late, which hasn't have happened before.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The pictures are good op, but need to be taken in the exact same place, date and time to be convincing. Whoever said,"books are better than spoken history" is seriously deluded. Why exactly are books the ultimate source of truth?? As an avid reader, I have encountered many lies in print, just as I have in spoken word. Don't be so quick to dismiss the Inuit; just because they don't have Ipods and have accepted their geographical location. Yes, the sun is where it has always been as far as I can tell, but I find it interesting that folks are noticing a change. I watch the sun rise and set daily, and live in the southwest US

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Well, definatly a decent thread going here. But when it comes down to it, i think i would trust the inuit people before i believe what science tells me.

Yeah, a group of rural people that have no education and are years behind the rest of the world.... They know exactly what is going on...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

This article is from march 4,2011
These are the original dates

Monday, May 30 — 8:17 P.M. EDT (half sun)
Tuesday, July 12 — 8:25 P.M. EDT (half sun)
Tuesday, May 31 — 8:17 P.M. EDT (full sun)
Monday, July 11 — 8:25 P.M. EDT (full sun)

Dear god man, you are posting different months, in your dates. What in the world do you think you are proving? Besides your lack of understanding in regards to the Sun's position relative to the Earth///

edit on 29-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove
Weren't there report of the sun rising up 2 days early? What was the cause of that?
I seem to remember something about it.

ETA: it was in greenland and 2 days

It was exaplined at thge time but nobody paid any attention. The conspiracy was more interesting to the masses.
Its one of those phenomenon that are well known to people who study it, but mostly unknown to the general population, so that when one of the general population observe it, they express great surprise.

FACT: Due to atmospheric refraction, when you see sunrise, the sun is actually still below the horizon.
Refraction

FACT: The amount of refraction is not a fixed constant, but varies greatly due to various weather/atmospheric related factors.

Day-to-day variations in the weather will affect the exact times of sunrise and sunset

The study at this page is worth a read to show how much it can vary.
privatbahnhof

For the Greenland case, the sun is effectlively circling the horizon getting higher and higher each day until it breaks over the horizon on the "normal" day. It can easily be the case the due to atmospheric effects that the sun can be seen earlier, or later.

The Novaya Zemlya effect

Rarely, as the long polar night draws to a close, the sun will suddenly burst above the horizon weeks ahead of schedule. This is the Novaya Zemiya Effect, and it is basically a polar mirage. Even when the sun is still 5� below the horizon, its light can become trapped between thermoclines and be transmitted over the usual horizon.

Science Frontiers

This simple explanation will go ignored by most ATS users, who much prefer the idea that every astronomer in the world is part of some big conspiracy to hide the truth.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Dear god man if you would have clicked the other link you would have seen they where changed on June 28.
And it doesn't matter if they are different months. I was pointing out that somewhere after march something happened that they changed the dates.which hasn't happened before.

Besides I was pointing out that those pictures weren't proof to what the OP was saying.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Dear god man if you would have clicked the other link you would have seen they where changed on June 28.
And it doesn't matter if they are different months. I was pointing out that somewhere after march something happened that they changed the dates.which hasn't happened before.

Besides I was pointing out that those pictures weren't proof to what the OP was saying.

And you are attributing the change to an error with the sun as opposed to a human error...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So this is your way of contributing to the topic? Yes lets blame it on the human error.

Case solved thanks ,lets move along nothing to see.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Something happened after march 04 which made him alter the dates.

March 13 the japan earthquake,that literally moved the earth.Only by a fraction, but the earth moved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join