It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is exactly where it should be!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This topic shouldn't be an issue at all... It's way to easy to prove that the Earth's axis tilt relative to the Sun hasn't changed significantly.... at least not enough to be noticable.

After the Japanese earthquake, scientists reported that the Earth's axis tilt shifted slightly which actually shortened the length of a day by 1.25 microseconds. It's estimated that the axis shifted by about 6.5 inches.

Richard Gross, of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, calculates that last week's earthquake off Japan's coast may have shortened the length of Earth's days by about 1.26 microseconds and shifted its axis by about 6.5 inches. Gross describes the findings and explains how changes in Earth's land masses affect the way it spins.

Source: NPR

We can extrapolate from that report that if the Earth's axis changed significantly we would see the sunrise and sunset at different times on the same date as previous years but that isn't the case.

Sunrise/Sunset times LA 2008: 28 July 2008 06:02 19:56
Sunrise/Sunset times LA 2009: 28 July 2009 06:02 19:56
Sunrise/Sunset times LA 2010: 28 July 2010 06:02 19:56
Sunrise Sunset times LA 2011: 28 July 2011 06:02 19:56

Source

It's pretty much cut-and-dry....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I don't know. I had never considered that the sun was not where it was supposed to be but this very defensive sounding post proclaiming that makes me worry. Where you there? I see you have pretty pictures but photoshop and all. I do not know when those all were really taken. Has anyone been to the sun with a GPS and checked? The more I read your OP, the more I think there is something going on here and someone is moving the sun. I would suggest George Soros most likely. Him and the Nazi base on the moon together could pull something like moving the sun around easily and of course...why not? Am I right?
K, Just saw a thread saying the Earth was really round so now I gotta go check that out.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And just in all fairness OP didn't post any scientific data or real data for that matter.
Again i'm not saying his not correct, But to prove your point I would have loved some actual numbers
and real data.

The photos from Manhattan have no time stamp and are obviously taken from different angles and heights
If these where photos on a biped that didn't move for a whole year that would be a total different thing.

As said before because the earthquake in japan the earth did move thus when posting actual numbers its only obvious the sun would have moved in correlation to the earth. neglect-able but still moved.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: double sun equals bad; sun to earth

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

No real data?

Really?

Everything I listed can be verified, go verify it, don't just dismiss it, that's just closed minded.

Oh and what data do the "sun has moved" crowd bring?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
>>>
And just in all fairness OP didn't post any scientific data or real data for that matter.
>>>

But you did?

Kudos to the OP, i wanted to mention Manhattanhenge yesterday in the other thread - but to be honest, i give up arguing with people who are not rational.

(Edit: Of course, the "gravitational pull" of Elenin is pulling the sun...but you need to be "awaken" to see the truth...etc..)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Cyanhide

No real data?
Really?
Everything I listed can be verified, go verify it, don't just dismiss it, that's just closed minded.

First off al Solargraphy works in 6 months not in years, its not accurate, it just captures via long exposure the sun. There is nothing scientific about solargraphy.

Second the solargraphy project
Solargraphy Project is a project hoping to capture the different paths the sun takes. Again this is not accurate,if you even change your position by 5 meter the solargraphy will look totally different.

These are the current countrys that are sending their pictures
->the red dots.

See how many gaps there are.

You said you provided real data,how can you be serious about me claiming to be closed minded by not accepting that as factual data.It would be naive to blindly accept that post as truth ,and again as scientific proven.

And now your Manhattanhenge, those pictures where not taken at a fixed position,different heights and angles gives no credibility what so ever. that wouldn't be accepted as evidence anywhere.

And btw to sink your battleship.

The American Museum of Natural History's Neil deGrasse Tyson has updated his personal website with the 2011 Manhattanhenge dates, along with some poetic—albeit apocalyptic—thoughts.

gothamist.com...
This article is from march 4,2011
These are the original dates

Monday, May 30 — 8:17 P.M. EDT (half sun)
Tuesday, July 12 — 8:25 P.M. EDT (half sun)
Tuesday, May 31 — 8:17 P.M. EDT (full sun)
Monday, July 11 — 8:25 P.M. EDT (full sun)

But then on 28june 2011 a new article was posted .
Titled " July's Manhattanhenge Dates Have Shifted "

Back in March the American Museum of Natural History's gave us a heads up as to the Manhattanhenge dates this year, but since then the July dates have shifted! He's now updated his own notes to say: "July dates shifted from earlier posting by one day to better represent the actual New Jersey horizon visible from looking west across Manhattan." They will be one day later than previously reported with a half sun on the grid on July 13th at 8:25 p.m., and a full sun on the grid on July 12th at 8:25 p.m.

gothamist.com...

And this is his personal blog for more information and his credibility
www.haydenplanetarium.org...

And for stonehenge it also has shifted. by a day check next years winter and summer solstice.
www.astrologycom.com...

So there you have it. And again its a well known fact the earth moved the day of the Fukushima earthquake
So the distance must have changed.

And seasons have bin off lately I think everyone agrees with that.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The day all the astronomers using goto mounts start reporting that the sun is off is the only day I will bother considering the sun is not where it is supposed to be. Because up to now it is still following the same predicted path that it is supposed to. This doesn't get updated.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

As far as I know if the orbit of the earth/sun didn't change,the dates couldn't have been changed.
I'm not saying it changed allot, I'm just changing some movement most have occurred to alter it a day.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
right from the beggining you mentioned the weather. it was 115 in kansas the other day. record highs across the states but average lows in desert areas.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

A question I would like you to answer is why out of the blue are people commenting on the sun being weird different or out of place.People that don't even use a computer. I believe there is something to it I have yet come to a conclusion myself as of yet I am still looking for answers. The best theory so far is the atmosphere is hotter and bending the light more making it seem as though the sun has moved much like putting a stick in a pool of water makes the stick appear to bend.Still looking for answers.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
good job chad and thank you..
im glad someone has put this nonsense to bed..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Errr... Not to deprive him of his stars and flags,but i just pretty much debunked him.
Again there was nothing factual about that post, just a gold level contributor saying his mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove
Nice thread Chad

Aldough i don't believe in the whole 'sun is out of place' banter that is flowing around i do have a question.

Weren't there report of the sun rising up 2 days early? What was the cause of that?
I seem to remember something about it.

Was this just simple misjudgement?

ETA: it was in greenland and 2 days

edit on 29/7/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

It is due to atmospheric refraction which is basically decided by weather/atmospheric conditions.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Must be horrible driving in Manhattanhenge with the sun shining in your face if you have the misfortune of facing it while driving
Silly sun worshippers

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
Again i'm not saying his not correct, But to prove your point I would have loved some actual numbers
and real data.

The photos from Manhattan have no time stamp and are obviously taken from different angles and heights
If these where photos on a biped that didn't move for a whole year that would be a total different thing.

As said before because the earthquake in japan the earth did move thus when posting actual numbers its only obvious the sun would have moved in correlation to the earth. neglect-able but still moved.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: double sun equals bad; sun to earth

The tiny change in axis wont even be noticeable. There a larger yearly variations than the microscopic change caused by that earthquake.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I totally agree with you on that, but if we are talking numbers there was movement. let nobody tell me otherwise,even if its by a meter there was movement.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Are you going to answer my question??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I agree. There's nothing "odd" or "weird" about where the sun is throughout the day. Same thing with the moon.

All of it is fear-mongering, "weather" they try to tie it into End Time events with the wild weather, or whatever. Whether it's fear mongering or jumpers onto the bandwagon or doing sloppy or no research, there's nothing wrong with the placement of the sun, the moon, or the stars.

If any stars are out of place, they probably just moved from Hollywood to Beverly Hills.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You know what I find really odd I was sitting on my back deck and found the sun to be weird not the same not being able to put a finger on exactly what it was I came here to look for answers and found that I was not alone in these feelings I had. do you honestly think there is nothing strange at all.?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
reply to post by Misterlondon

Errr... Not to deprive him of his stars and flags,but i just pretty much debunked him.
Again there was nothing factual about that post, just a gold level contributor saying his mind.

gold member.. that means nothing to me.. i just happen to think the sun hasn't changed position.

not to take away, that you make some good points in picking apart the op... but that is all you have done, you have in no way proven nor shown how or where the sun has moved to..

i guess its just another member saying his mind..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join