It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is exactly where it should be!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So many here at ATS seem to think the sun isn't where it's meant to be, this may upset a few here but they're all wrong and I can prove it from several different angles.

Firstly, any major change to the suns angle here on earth would greatly influence the weather, the tilt of the earth creates the seasons, right now it's summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60805f3108c1.png[/atsimg]

Sorry for the brief high school lesson but any change in where the sun is would change the seasons all over the globe.

Secondly, there is a type of photography that is called solargraphy, it captures the suns movement through the sky each day, here's an example here:

This has gained popularity since 2000.

This site solargraphy.com has been documenting solargraphs from all over the world since 2002.

Hundreds of people all over the world have been doing this for over 10 years now, no change in the sun has been documented, any shift would be clearly visible in these solargraphs.

Thirdly, there are several structures all over the globe that were built for a specific reason, the most famous is Stonehenge, built over 4000 years ago, this structure aligns with the setting sun of the summer solstice, why hasn't anyone who has visited this place during a solstice reported that there was no alignment?

Stonehenge isn't the only place to have a predictable alignment, another popular one is Manhattanhenge.

Twice yearly the setting sun will align with the east-west streets of Manhattan.

Here's an image showing Manhattanhenge since 2006.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87d363003e56.png[/atsimg]

All looks well to me.

There are other reasons but I think these three cover it well enough for now.

So I'm sorry to say but hard facts, which by the way are easily verified trump gut feelings and memories.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
OK. well I suppose this case is closed. SnF

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Nice thread Chad

Aldough i don't believe in the whole 'sun is out of place' banter that is flowing around i do have a question.

Weren't there report of the sun rising up 2 days early? What was the cause of that?
I seem to remember something about it.

Was this just simple misjudgement?

ETA: it was in greenland and 2 days

edit on 29/7/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well you have some sort of data in this thread,and this is being friendly

But people just don't wake up and say " oh today i'l be posting that the sun has moved ".
There does seem to be a fair amount of people saying that it has changed over the years,

Regards

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well, definatly a decent thread going here.

But when it comes down to it, i think i would trust the inuit people before i believe what science tells me.

I doubt these Inuit people have any reason to lie to us, and they have been watching the sky since they could walk. =)
edit on 29/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Then why do most people see no difference what so ever? or is it like 'Nibiru' that can only be 'seen' when on a very precise spot on planet earth.

we all share the same sun.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi OP, thanks for your reassurance. Was the early sunrise at the poles part of some kind of solar cycle or some such thing?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

There does seem to be a fair amount of people saying that it has changed over the years,

...And the OP shows they're wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

First of all : Don't get all nibiru on my a$$.
Second : I'm just saying its not that a small amount of people claiming the sun is doing some odd things.
I'm not even saying they are lying or not ,i'm just stating allot of people have this gut feeling.

Never underestimate your instincts. Personally I don't know what to believe. We are living in some facinating times.

And every week they bring out new info that changes our perspective.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: our not your

edit on 29-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Why do you trust inuit people so blindly? Like they posses some mythical powers.
There just people like you and me.

with the same problems like you and me.
Link

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I figured the Inuit video would be brought up.

The 4 minute video with the Inuit talking about the sun rising in a different time/place is a small part of an hour long global warming/climate change film:

www.isuma.tv...

Nunavut-based director Zacharias Kunuk (Atanarjuat The Fast Runner) and researcher and filmmaker Dr. Ian Mauro (Seeds of Change) have teamed up with Inuit communities to document their knowledge and experience regarding climate change. This new documentary, the world’s first Inuktitut language film on the topic, takes the viewer “on the land” with elders and hunters to explore the social and ecological impacts of a warming Arctic.

The sun rising early is due to polar caps melting.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I didn't go 'all nibiru on your a**' I used it as an example. because just like 'nibiru' nobody seen it apart from a few select few.

And your on ATS everyone has a gut feeling that something is happening

Nothing personal friend just an example.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

I wasn't attacking you
Its just using nibiru in a reference kinda automatically gives the comment-er the upper-hand. Its like saying well yea but if you say fairies exist. although here on ATS you will get more friendly responses with fairy's then nibiru :p

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove

Why do you trust inuit people so blindly? Like they posses some mythical powers.
There just people like you and me.

with the same problems like you and me.
Link

They don't need to possess a mystical power?
They're hunter-gatherers, they know how to read the stars and sky, they dont use gps to get home when they're out hunting at night, they use the stars, same in the day, they grew up with the sun being in the same position.

So i wouldn't say blindly trusting them, its obvious really. They know the land, so they know when the land changes.

Makes sense in my mind

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Well it really just comes down to the arrogance of man.
Its a shame really.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
1. Agreed. The sun is where it has always been, same for Earth and Moon and Jupiter and so on.
2. Unreliable
3. I would love to have time stamps on each picture :-(

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I saw the original thread the other day, and I was thinking to myself, 'Oh no, it's gonna be another one of those "BREAKING NEWS New Zealand has moved!!!1!!" threads that we had the pleasure of reading last year'.

Great job at debunking that claim Chad, keep up the good work
edit on 29/7/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nidwin

Here ya go:

2006: en.wikipedia.org...
2007: i.huffpost.com...
2008: www.thisisgoingtobebig.com...
2009: www.blippitt.com...
2010: www.flickr.com...
2011: gothamist.com...

Why is number 2 unreliable?

Surely any sudden change would be extremely noticeable?

edit on 29/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Nidwin

Here ya go:

2006: en.wikipedia.org...
2007: i.huffpost.com...
2008: www.thisisgoingtobebig.com...
2009: www.blippitt.com...
2010: www.flickr.com...
2011: gothamist.com...

Why is number 2 unreliable?

Surely any sudden change would be extremely noticeable?

Thanks mate,
realy cool those pictures.

As for unreliable I tend to avoid anything that has to much input from JoeSchmuck.
Sudden yes, but slowly ongoing ones not always.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nidwin

Yeah, slow changes, solargraphy could miss it.

Which is where places like Stonehenge and Manhattanhenge come in play.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join