It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you first hear of the NWO?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i heard about it in magazine then i started to read more about it then it snowballed into an anti-nwo thought of mind

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonclamp

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
because it's the title of a Aldous HUXLEY book...
I thought that was "Brave New World"

Sorry, it's a book of HG WELLS

A link to WELLS and the conspiracy :
users.cyberone.com.au...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The first time I heard of New World Order was in the former WWF, which is now the WWE. This was way before I found out about ATS.

Now that I have come to ATS, I understand some of its concepts and who would most likely be behind it.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I first heard of the nWo when I used to watch WCW wrestling.

BACK TO REALITY...

I first heard of the real NWO on my first visit to ATS in September of 2003.

I've been intrigued over them ever since...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I also first heard NWO, on WCW wrestling, when it was - Hall, Nash, Hogan... etc.

but in the context that you're speaking of here, I first heard of it one day about a year ago, I was driving from Cleveland to Toledo, picked up a talk show on the radio and they were discussing the NWO, some guy was on there raving like a lunatic, you could barely understand what he was saying.

I didn't think to much of it, until coming to ATS, then it all started to fall in place.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
George Bush 41 used to talk about it.

The ACLU was at an Ice T concert giving out No New World Order stickers, so I had Ice T autograph one.

It rocked.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Same as Prophetmike, first heard it from the WCW. Then I became interested in eschatology (End-Times stuff) and learnt specifically what it was all about.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I read the Illuminatus Trilogy after having it recommended by a friend online and there buried withing the work of fiction I found enough fact to set me on the path to awareness.
It was like waking from a long sleep.
My life has never been the same.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I first heard of it last nite whilst watching WWE!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I first heard of the NWO on wrestling.
Then I relized it was something much bigger than this little wrestling show.
Well F**k, I guess were all screwed

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It just amazes me how much TV has effected so many peoples lives.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry to sound ignorant but i dont believe in the New World Order.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
To tell you the truth, I have no idea where I first heard of it. It just seems to have always been there.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Drunk, I don't think you sound ignorant ! A lot of people don't believe in the NWO.

At first I thought it was a bunch of crap too. I'm not saying that today I completely believe in it, but I think it's very likely that something to that affect is coming.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I dont believe in it basically cos i dunno what it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have never heard of the NWO till i came to abovetopsecret. Now i am very intrested in what the heck is really going on

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
In the 60s but back then it was called OWG (One World Government). I grew up in a church that preached that the world was going to be taken over by the Anti-Christ. We would have a world government and a world religion. Being the hippie that I was back then, I really didn't see a problem with it.

In the 80s I started hearing NWO in place of OWG and thought NWO sounded better. Then when G.H.W. Bush said it I nearly freaked. All my life I had been taught that America would fight against the Anti-Christ. I never dreamt we would breed it.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonclamp
When did you first here the term "New world order" ?

I first heard it off a born again christian woman in about 1988, she was a bit of a fanatic who used to talk about the "last days" and similar and said that a sign of the times would be when we started to hear the term "New world order". She also went on to say watch out for the reappearence of Henry Kissinger as well, at that time he had virtually disappeared from politics.

When I first heard that GHW Bush speech I nearly fell off my chair because I had always regarded her as a bit of a crank.

first time I heard the phrase, was the september 11th 1990 speach by Bush Sr...had no idea what it meant(also later used in the song nwo by Ministry)

Then 1996, World Championship Wrestling. In fact, I'd wager to say thats when a lot of people 18-35 or older heard of it. The World Wrestling Federation was dominating cable pro wrestling, then bam! Out of nowhere WCW comes out with this concept that truly revolutionized wrestling; the nWo(with Hulk Hogan as the leader) Thinking back, maybe their logo shoulda been an all seeing eye pyramid, and they shoulda ll worn esoteric symbolic aprons and
reptillian masks right?

At the same time I also remember a CCG(magic, yu gi oh, etc) card game about the NWO...this one actually goes hand in hand with topics seen on here.

I see two takes on the idea of the nwo. The fanciful 'the world's leaders, white house, corporations, etc are run by secret socieites and rich elite familes all forming together as one world government globalists'

Then there is the more Noam Chomsky/activist outlook that the "new world order" is happening, but it is more the US using the circumstances of 9/11(inside job o rnot) to dominated countries, take away rights and install a orwellian society...all the meanwhile corporations int he government's back pocket along with the IMF World Bank are doing some bad stuff.

Tho the idea of all the world decisions being decided by secret societiesm, bankers, rich families, world leaders and corporations in Bilderberg meetings sounds mor ejuicy.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by 8bitagent]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
In the 70's when I became aware of the organization called the Trilateralists.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
While back. I've played Deus Ex, what a game, what a awesome game lol. The newer ones I don't really like though, but the original was awesome.

As a side note, Hulk Hogan can be the NWO Dictator anyday!

And Az is a great rapper. Like his stuff. I don't like too much rap, but a lot of underground is so much better than mainstream.

However...

I am the New World Order.

-wD

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join