It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Libyan rape victim comes to U.S. to stay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Alleged Libyan Rape Victim Comes to the USA to Live

(CNN) -- Eman al-Obeidy, who caught the world's attention in March when she publicly accused members of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's forces of gang-raping her, has relocated to the United States.

After spending 54 days in a U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees facility in Romania, Obeidy arrived in New York late Wednesday night, then boarded a flight to the destination where she will reside.

# She thanks the U.S. government, secretary of state

passed her thanks to the U.S. government and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, adding that she hopes to meet her someday.

-East Libya didnt want Her
-Tunisia didnt want her, she was beaten by the guards i guess they couldn't lesson to the lies anymore.
-Wheres the proof she was raped

-In New York shes going to pay taxes for everything ah yes the real freedom right? this what she wanted let her have it.
-Pay for the food, pay for the rents, pay for the taxes

-Why New York? New York city and state has a record of rape crimes, just look the recent one.

-Ah Hillary Clinton maybe she plans on living next to her?

She Reminds of this back in the first gulf war
Gulf War I Lie To Gain Support For The War
edit on 29-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well, whether the claim is true or not, she sure hit the jackpot. Not only will she be the poster girl for groups in at least 3 different areas of social action/activism but the accusation got her to the one place that would allow her to cash in to the fullest.

What happened to U.S. residency or asylum being something special and perhaps even a bit unusual to get? Now it seems you just need to know what it on the check list they see if you fit under and you're in by how it all seems to be working.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Women walking into a hotel full of journalist who happen to be there for a press conference...

Women allegedly was raped for a few days and beaten..went straight to the hotel...

Yes she's looking as if she's going to a party ? Clothes not torn... wearing make-up...

Seriously guys... couldn't do better this comes straight from the unconventional warfare tactical manual
www.fas.org... (Some others I can't link now from work)

And lastly NO EVIDENCE...

www.minorityperspective.co.uk...

Getting sick and tired from these Ops.. Sick

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Are you kidding me?

Did you not see the video of her standing in the middle of a group of people that were trying to stop her from speaking?

The world she lives in is not the same world we live in, in her world to say what she said normally means certian death.

She was willing to die to share what had happened to her, and you talk about her like she is a welfare mom having another kid for a bigger check?

Way to marginalize her pain.

I am very glad to hear this poor woman has been moved to a part of the world where she can be free to actually heal from the injustice that was inflicted upon her.

HUMAN-RIGHTS should apply no matter what part of the world you live, because no matter what country you are born in, you are still HUMAN.

Shame on you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Everything you see in the western mainstream news you should take like a grain of salt.

HUMAN-RIGHTS should apply no matter what part of the world you live, because no matter what country you are born in, you are still HUMAN.

what are you? since when did the Serbs or Iraqis when they were been bombed by america have Human Rights? they never imply to them, because Human Rights exist because of the elites and the elites choose who give them the Human Rights to.

Are you kidding me?

Did you not see the video of her standing in the middle of a group of people that were trying to stop her from speaking?

Are you familiar with fake Staged acting in the press? its pretty common in the western mainstream news, remember this?

Canadian television journalist Barry Zwicker outlines the publicly available evidence that the first Bush administration orchestrated an elaborate conspiracy to gain support for the first Gulf War. Iraqi soldiers were reported by alleged eye witnesses to have removed babies from incubators. As it turns out, this was a lie promoted in speeches by George Bush Sr., repeated the false testimony of the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador coached by a Washington public relations company.

Barry Zwicker First Gulf War Lie
edit on 29-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

what are you? since when did the Serbs or Iraqis when they were been bombed by america have Human Rights? they never imply to them, because Human Rights exist because of the elites and the elites choose who give them the Human Rights to.

What am I? I am Human... This is a really odd question, makes me wonder what you might be... are you not also Human? Serbs and Iraqis don't deserve human rights? Are Serbs and Iraqis not Human? I don't understand how you can say that a HUMAN doesn't deserve HUMAN RIGHTS...

Are you familiar with fake Staged acting in the press? its pretty common in the western mainstream news, remember this?

So because there is evidence that someone, somewhere, once lied about a situation slightly similar, this situation, must also be a lie?

This may be a western point of view, but personally i believe that everyone should be innocent until proven guilty. If this woman was willing to risk her life to stand up for herself and stand against those that acted against her, then i will lean to the side of believing her, until i see evidence that this is not the case.

I will not ever assume that she is lying just because of evidence that someone else once lied about a similar situation. This is, in my opinion, a horrible way to view the world.

ETA: After re-reading what you posted, i think i understand the question a little better. Do i believe those bombed were awarded human rights? NO, but that is a completely different topic than the one in this thread. Do i think the US has any reason to be in Libya? No, in my personally opinion, but again, that is a completely different subject then the topic of this thread.
edit on 7/29/2011 by xDeadcowx because: Re-read response, took language differences in to account.l

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

not trying to be rude but if she was raped by gaddafi men am sure they would have killed her.....i mean come on they are not stupid enough right? they kill protester right and children.....sigh this is a lie she wasnt raped,

what did she have to gain for lying? everything, what did she have to lose for lying? nothing.....

i dont think people see 1 lie from so called victims of another country normaly turns into a full on war and many lose their lives because of that 1 person.

The world she lives in is not the same world we live in, in her world to say what she said normally means certian death.

are you kidding me do you know what libya is like? WTF unlike other arab countries women get education, jobs and drive cars....dont try to make libya look like a uncivilised place plz. libya looks after their people there is not difference from women and men in libya.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

are you kidding me do you know what libya is like? WTF unlike other arab countries women get education, jobs and drive cars....dont try to make libya look like a uncivilised place plz. libya looks after their people there is not difference from women and men in libya.

I concede on that point because i have never been to libya, so, no, i do not know what libya is like, but at the same time you defend libya as a civilized place, you say that if she was truly raped by gaddafi's men she would have been killed. So the ruler of libya has men who, if they raped a woman, they would have killed her too?

I don't know first hand what this woman was faced with. I do know though that the videos i saw of her seemed real enough for me to remember them. The fact that she didn't have ripped clothes is irrelevant because the video was not immediately after the incident in question.

If she is in fact lying, and the incident never happened, then i hope this can be proven so this woman can pay for the false accusations.

If she is telling the truth, then i am glad she is somewhere safe and far away the people that did this to her.

My point here is that it is wrong to assume she is lying and to label her as a liar. Show me evidence that she is lying and i will concede. Until then, i will not back down.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It isn't that I marginalize her situation, assuming all that has been reported is honest and accurate. That isn't something I assume on face value, by the way. However, assuming all is good, then respect would come if she made her path in her own land, not running to America. If our criteria has now become the possibility of repercussion due to an individuals reaction to being the victim of a crime, then how many BILLIONS of poor souls on this planet would qualify if they answer the questions just right?

This really isn't even so much about her, although she is an example of the system I believe is out of control for using no logical discretion in who is allowed into our nation. We simply can't let in everyone with a hard luck story or a legitimate reason to fear home. Doing so more and more in recent years has contributed at least in part, to the stress that is tearing our financial house to pieces before our very eyes.

top topics

join