It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US dollar may collapse.....then what?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I can think of two very smart players in particular that are holding a lot of cash, meaning they'd be hit very hard if the value of the dollar took a dive.

One is Apple. They have a huge cash stock pile. They are like Nike used to be, on steroids. They take cheap components and cheap labor, combine them into a product and then mark that product up ~500% and somehow people just can't get enough of it, and thus they have a lot of cash. But they could have been spending that cash or investing it so they have decided to hold a lot of cash for the time being.

The other is George Soros. It was reported around the 19th last month that Soros had moved his assets into 75% cash.

Holding a lot of cash could indicate a bunch of things. One possibility is that they think the dollar will either hold or gain value, while the price of other things in dollars will fall, and then they would go on a shopping spree.

So these are two very smart players who seem to be banking on something like the opposite of this thread's premise happening soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Then the foreighn dogs fight over who gets to take over teh american civilians. Those dogs are alot less obediant than the american dogs. Really tho come on. we let our women take money from us through child support. Tell them to go to a foureighn dog country and try that. When men lose their power to women,that is when that nation falls.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

Only a worthless piece of crap would complain about supporting his own children. I take it you voted for obama?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

LOL you made bad life choices and don't want to support your own children?

any how,

I think we are all in for a real RIDE in the next 18 months. It's all on the brink of taking a huge dump and we are rigt underneath it. Be it natural or economic, i'd see it will be all the above.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinaro
If the American people don't storm the Capitol and the Federal Reserve building the very day the dollar collapses... what little faith I have left in humanity will drop to below zero.

And that's what they'll all storm in. Empty buildings. The important people would be in jets heading for Dubai.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join