It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting exercise over Portland, OR tonight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I was downtown at about 8:45 this evening and saw what appeared to be an all black Black Hawk helicopter flying really low just above two or three hundred feet in downtown air space. It was practicing landing at a hospital heli pad over and over again. So I assume, I kept seeing it lower down over where I know a major hospital is. It would then circle back around and come in again. It was practicing this maneuver at some pretty high speeds. There was also a police helicopter that flew by pretty fast also. Not sure if it was related, i only saw it pass by once. This is an interesting drill of urban, high speed evacs and touchdowns at the hospital. Either a standard drill that I have just never seen before in the 20 years I have lived here, or practicing for an upcoming disaster? What are your guys' thoughts?

PS I am well aware of the Air national guard unit that is stationed at PDX. I have seen these black hawks before but only on drug operation spotting missions and rescues at Mt. Hood.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
They're getting ready to fire up HAARP for a significant EQ in the Pac NW. Possibly a Mt Hood eruption.

i kid, i kid. it's probably just a training exercise. i understand that you haven't seen on in the 20 yrs you have lived there, but i'm assuming that you aren't sitting atop a high roof watching the skyline for this kind of thing 24/7 for 20 yrs either. i'm sure it's happened before but you weren't aware of it.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by loneranger26

They seem to make a habit of this and letting the local population know the end of the world isn't coming soon because it's all a training operation isn't very high on their list of concerns.

www.miamiherald.com...

I could have sworn the military put a real effort into letting civilians in an area know about training that would be in full view in years past. It seems to be happening more and more where there is no notice before, during or after. It'd be nice if they gave the public at least a passing thought.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Thats true and all, never really embraced how loud the clap of those rotors are until your the throw of a rock away from one!

top topics

join