It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness releases UFO close-up photos taken at Maslin Beach, Australia.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I agree it looks old and outdated. I agree the legs look skimpy to say the least. But here is my question; If it's rising out of the ocean, leaving a foam swirl behind, why, or why, does it have it's landing legs down? Wouldn't those legs hinder the dynamics any ocean (or air) activity? Doesn't make sense. imho

That's easy. If this thing was really coming out of the water, then there may be a base or it may just be cruising the ocean floor. Either way, it has to land sometime and landing gear makes sense. It doesn't need wheel like our aircraft because it doesnt take off and land as our aircraft do

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
good point swills, this picture actually has a lot going for it. people are so quick to prove themselves as being hard rationalists around here that it actually makes it difficult to have an open discussion about this.

i've seen many instances on these forums of stories where the disc-shaped saucers were observed as docking into another hovering vehicle before taking off. there seems to be a consistency to this, although i too believe the pictures are too good to be true.

who really knows though, eh? the way i see it, either everyone's in a global conspiracy that forges all of these instances to be similar to each other, or that by video taping and documenting their sightings and behavior, we are actually (and to a degree) experiencing real phenomena.

so finally, i have a question to the people on this thread who consider this instance a hoax or... trick of the eye - do you really think that ALL of the instances we've seen of intelligent airborne craft are hoaxes too?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by Swills

What draws you to alien stuff? It's the same recycled story over and over again. Movies are made about it.

I understand your a seeker of knowledge but your wasting your time.

The people that believe there are aliens will take any shred of evidence and run with it. The people that don't believe in aliens will spend the weekend debunking the video's/picture's with all kinds of relevant thought.

At the end of the day you get no where by posting stuff like this. It's very unfortunate. It normally makes for good reading.

What draws you to repeat the same old tired mantra? "it's cgi. It's fake. It's a toy...blah, blah, blah." What does anybody get from your input? Many knee-jerk skeptics strike me as reacting irrationally as if afraid of facing the possibility.

Dogma fosters ignorance. Care to elaborate on your convictions?

I have no direct experience with UFOs. I have only my cultural bias as to what I think a UFO is supposed to look like. Something about these pictures strike me as toy-like.

The windows with the 90 degree angles seem inorganic. The legs seem spindly. You would think however if somebody was going to the trouble to hoax something, they would use a more classic shape.

The idea somebody would go to the trouble of hoaxing anything seems less plausible each day. With the plethora of photos and videos on the Internet, where's they payoff? Nobody is offering money for stills anymore.

Perhaps it has more to do with a feeling of superiority of having tricked stupid UFO believers? Or better yet, maybe it's the feeling of superiority gained from telling gullible UFO believers they were almost tricked if it weren't for the obviously more intelligent skeptic repeating "it's cgi. It's a toy. It's fake...blah, blah, blah."

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by windword
I agree it looks old and outdated. I agree the legs look skimpy to say the least. But here is my question; If it's rising out of the ocean, leaving a foam swirl behind, why, or why, does it have it's landing legs down? Wouldn't those legs hinder the dynamics any ocean (or air) activity? Doesn't make sense. imho

That's easy. If this thing was really coming out of the water, then there may be a base or it may just be cruising the ocean floor. Either way, it has to land sometime and landing gear makes sense. It doesn't need wheel like our aircraft because it doesnt take off and land as our aircraft do

But it rising from the ocean, so the landing gear should be up, or don't they have the technology to raise the landing gear? Also, it seems that the legs would be somewhat in the way of the second ship which is supposedly docking. Just an observation......

edit on 29-7-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Look carefully at the object. The central 'window' is cock-eyed. The two windows on either side are also out of kilter; they aren't parallel with the base. If you look at the top edges, they aren't level with the top of the 'craft.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2cc71c6beab.jpg[/atsimg]

Here on Earth, any engineer or window fitter would be unemployed if they couldn't draw a straight line or get everything plumb.

It's a fake isn't it? Badly made model by someone lacking skills or attention to detail...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Like I said the picture could be real,but people that scream fake automatically do it because it makes them feel intelligent,and that I find annoying.I guess I will have to get a thicker skin..thanks

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I had never seen this before and I want to thank you for finding it. It's an interesting thread !

I find that it looks like these old UFO models used for low budget B movies or tv classics...like this one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adcaa9e19625.jpg[/atsimg]

lester.demon.nl...

It also strikes me that it looks pretty dry for a UFO that just came out of the water...

Fun just the same but I wonder who would travel the Universe in that piece of crap !!

But thanks Swills for bringing it up. Interesting. S&F.

edit on 29-7-2011 by SonoftheSun because: missed words...duh.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The landing gear is up in the photos when the craft is above him.

I live in South Australia, and know of Maslin beach well...well, not that well (Nudist beach...so maybe he wasn't photographing the sunset?).

These craft look very interesting. They certainly look like technology that is older than Billy Meiers pleaidian craft.

Either way SnF for bringing a rather intriguing local sighting to the fore.

Actualy reflecting, maybe the beings were observing naked humans???

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Look carefully at the object. The central 'window' is cock-eyed. The two windows on either side are also out of kilter; they aren't parallel with the base. If you look at the top edges, they aren't level with the top of the 'craft.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2cc71c6beab.jpg[/atsimg]

Here on Earth, any engineer or window fitter would be unemployed if they couldn't draw a straight line or get everything plumb.

It's a fake isn't it? Badly made model by someone lacking skills or attention to detail...

I noticed this too, but what gets me is that it looks like the same placement on the 4th photo in the link, but the angle is so different since the UFO moved.
I'm not claiming to be a photo doctoring expert, but it almost looks like the windows are pivoting so they will be positioned upright even when their craft is moving, causing the craft to dip in whatever direction they're flying. Just a different way of looking at it.
edit on 29-7-2011 by theshepherd92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Those blasted Nazi contraptions!!!! Cool pics.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

The landing gear is up in the photos when the craft is above him.

I live in South Australia, and know of Maslin beach well...well, not that well (Nudist beach...so maybe he wasn't photographing the sunset?).

These craft look very interesting. They certainly look like technology that is older than Billy Meiers pleaidian craft.

Either way SnF for bringing a rather intriguing local sighting to the fore.

Actualy reflecting, maybe the beings were observing naked humans???

TOURISTS!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Easy, the ship was parked somewhere on the ocean floor. When it was time for "lift off" the ship simply went up. Why would it raise up it's gear under water? I'd wait till I was in the air & out of the water before I brougt in the landing gear.

But that's just my guess

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'd agree to that. The whole thing does look poorly buillt for a space ship

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If you've ever watched the Randy Winters talks on Billy Meier you know that supposedly the Germans and US have there own craft (But I'd go as far as to say that the Greys too have their own craft, that I suspect look like these craft) and certainly not the smoother looking Pleiadian craft.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
why does the UFO look bone dry? didn't it just come out of the water?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You know......The weird thing is, that this could ACTUALLY be real photographs of a Real object, not currently known to man (well some men). But Because it doesnt look all smooth and perfect, many people dismiss it.
I hate to say it, but there are Many manufactured devices by Man, that dont always look perfect. There are many cars that designers and manufacturers have spent years developing, but when the public sees them, they are deemed ugly or out of proportion or poorly built......Im sure our Space brothers are the same. What can be beauty to one human, may be ugly to another. Perhaps to these "people" design asthetics, takes a second place to function, maybe to other races who own the nice shiny smooth ones, looks are just as important as purpose. Isnt there suppose to be 50 Alien races visiting Earth anyway? Combined with the Terran Saurans, and other ET that may have lived here longer than Man....no wonder there are so many different designs observed. Maybe Earth is a Rest stop 'Service Station" on some intergalactic highway?? or Dimensional highway.
Anyway, an interesting point to consider........He was at the beach to film the Sunrise?? apparently.
Only problem is Maslins Beach faces Due West!!! so looking out from the beach over the sea, is looking west...........Perfect for SUNSET shots, pointless for Sunrise....although there are interesting colours created by the morning sun......but looking over the water is the Wrong way!!!! mind you, standing on the cliffs, looking East would be looking at the distant foothills, may make a nice photo....but not over the sea for sunrise.

Interesting Norwegian UFO that looks a little similar, with semicircle "Borbles" hanging underneath on the flat side...just like all the other UFOs of this shape......I presume some magnetic gravity devices.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I saw that model on an old sci-fi show called Space 1999. Or was it The Jetsons?

Nevermind.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Yeah man, apparently this guy isn't a pro photographer
and he was looking for a pic of the sunrise but because of the clouds that project was abandoned

Here is where he said he took the pic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f56c0fc48659.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 29-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think thats man,made because to me it looks rather primitive for interstellar travel. Possiblly teleportation if real their technology is beyond our comprehension

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I have always liked this photo. The "craft" feels real, almost "normal" if you get my drift. Maybe someone's experiment? As for the skinny legs "issue", just have a look at what a 747 lands on. We can all argue the toss over this forever more, but I'm going with my gut and say real (until Phage comes along and smacks it down).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join