It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something wrong with the planet...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
When I made this video yesterday it struck me that the most difficult thing to do was not decide what to include - but decide what to exclude...a terrible indictment of the mess we are in...Everything in the video is either taking place now or has done in just a 7 month period.

If I haven't embedded this properly apologies - but here's the link - There's something wrong with the planet...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
We are getting close now, to whatever is coming

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

There is nothing wrong with the planet; these events in your video.

They have been occurring since Earth existed.

We will persevere
edit on 29-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Beautiful (in a sad way) video. Well put together. Pictures are worth a thousand words!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sorry I thought I hit 'quote' - obviously not - apologies but this reply was to 'The Universe'

Yes, I agree, in periods with relatively healthy gaps between them and if looked at in isolation. However much the datum from one event corresponds with a historical event - it's the cumulative and progressive 'holistic' data which rings alarm bells. A fact now, at last, being acknowledged.

Oz

edit on 29-7-2011 by Ozscot because: addition

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

Its the earths magnetic zones, they beach themselves because they follow the magnetics and what should be leading them to water is now leading them to land.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above thread (particularly the last 4 videos) explains it in detail. Yes, there is even a mention of a long period comet.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

It might not be somthing wrong, but it is somthing different, the earth is changing, this cannot be refuted

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 20COMEtMYanELENINe11

It might not be somthing wrong, but it is somthing different, the earth is changing, this cannot be refuted

The Earth has always been Changing; that is the Natural process and always has been always will.

reply to post by Ozscot

Yes, I agree, in periods with relatively healthy gaps between them and if looked at in isolation. However much the datum from one event corresponds with a historical event - it's the cumulative and progressive 'holistic' data which rings alarm bells. A fact now, at last, being acknowledged.

We don't really have any data from millions- billions of years ago on natural disasters and animal deaths etc. Based on the events in your video.

I'm not sure how you can come to your assumption.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by 20COMEtMYanELENINe11

The Earth has always been Changing; that is the Natural process and always has been always will.

reply to post by Ozscot

We don't really have any data from millions- billions of years ago on natural disasters and animal deaths etc. Based on the events in your video.

I'm not sure how you can come to your assumption.

We have sufficient data from considerably distant periods to know what was alive and what had disappeared and 'reasonable' (though not certain) evidence as to air/water quality. Temperatures are pretty much dependent on what trees tell us and so yeah I agree, temps don't go that far back.

In a kind of way I agree with where you are coming from - but with a big proviso - every conceivable type of 'weather impact' has been gone through on this planet at one time or another - but during those almost apocalyptic periods (Dustbowl or Ice Age) there has been an identifiable cause and is in some instances cataclysmic in nature - no such cataclysmic event appears to being perceived now (other than human impact). In fact you could argue that we've had it pretty sedentary for a long time now - so if it's changing - why is it changing? No effect without cause - what's the cause? It's not enough to say 'natural' - because 'natural' needs to be defined or we may as well say 'God's doing it' or it's the 'Universe' both of which are unsatisfactory. You can't call something natural if you don't know what natural is - if you see what I mean?

Oz

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why does there have to be something wrong with the planet?

Do you mean that mankind has kind of gotten a little used to a moderately stable period in earth's cycles and it is changing a little now.

Oh no, were all going to die.
edit on 29-7-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
yes im in uk n everything is strange, i think we r #ed

my body feels like its radiating from inside and my brain changes states of pressure alot

anyone else/

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I agree with TheUniverse.

Any of you who are old enough to have seen the 80's(and remember vividly) will recall that things like heat-waves and floods on grand scales aren't all that uncommon.

Australia saw some major heat-waves and drought causing water shortages that effected the entire country.

Ethiopia struggled with a drought that dwarfed any prior(in modern history) or since.

Countries around the Mediterranean seemed to have a heatwave every year.

Whales, etc, beached themselves in what was labelled "mass suicide" all over the world.

Fish died in unexplainable circumstances on epic scales.

Sure I'll admit that 2011 has had its fair share of problems, but I don't think that this out of the ordinary(in a geological sense).

It might pay to note that the floods in Queensland, Australia were due to mismanagement by the water board. The disaster could have been averted if they had listened to engineers and released the levies when they were advised to.
edit on 29/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The only thing wrong with this planet is the people.

We are the problem, every thing from our corrupt governments to the capitalist agendas that are destroying the essential basics of decency.

History only repeats because we let it....

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Any of you who are old enough to have seen the 80's(and remember vividly) will recall that things like heat-waves and floods on grand scales aren't all that uncommon.

Australia saw some major heat-waves and drought causing water shortages that effected the entire country.

Ethiopia struggled with a drought that dwarfed any prior(in modern history) or since.

Countries around the Mediterranean seemed to have a heatwave every year.

Whales, etc, beached themselves in what was labelled "mass suicide" all over the world.

Fish died in unexplainable circumstances on epic scales.

Sure I'll admit that 2011 has had its fair share of problems, but I don't think that this out of the ordinary(in a geological sense).

It might pay to note that the floods in Queensland, Australia were due to mismanagement by the water board. The disaster could have been averted if they had listened to engineers and released the levies when they were advised to.

Sorry but I have to correct you on the above statement - the floods in Queensland were nothing to do with mismanagement by the water board. The flood in Brisbane did. Toowoomba, The Lockyer Valley and Townsville and up into the table country are far removed from the dam and the dam has no effect on them whatsoever - further north you may remember there were a couple of particularly nasty cyclones - and just to put it in some kind of perspective (as Australia is such a big place) - the entire flooded area in Queensland (which had nothing to do with the dam) was larger than the land mass of Europe. Just to put it into even more perspective - it now costs $4 for one banana such was the devastation to one of the world's largest banana producing regions. That's how hard they were hit.

Oz

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hey there Ozscot.

Well lets put it this way, I'm surprised that this video did not begin with the mass bird die off that occurred on New Years 2011 here in the US. It was really an ominous hint at what would (and may continue to) follow, not just here in my country but world wide. Loss of wildlife has just been one angle of it. Look what spawned (HBGary was that you?) in Egypt, and what has and continues to unfold in regards to national revolutions, economic uncertainty, record breaking weather events all year long, again world wide.

Some would say this is normal, or a new cycle of the planet. Nothing is normal. Everything changes.

Others might point at planetary alignments with blame. Or HAARP

But irony will have it that 2012 will be a completely uneventful and calm year. Until December that is. 21st, because all prophets these days seem to be fixed on the number 21.

This post has been inspired by the music in your video, cheers.

P.S. 2011 is not over yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

Sorry but I have to correct you on the above statement - the floods in Queensland were nothing to do with mismanagement by the water board. The flood in Brisbane did. Toowoomba, The Lockyer Valley and Townsville and up into the table country are far removed from the dam and the dam has no effect on them whatsoever...

Sorry I should have been clearer.

Yes I was referring to the flooding WRT the Brisbane catchment.

...the entire flooded area in Queensland (which had nothing to do with the dam) was larger than the land mass of Europe.

Sorry but I have to correct you on the above statement.

The land mass taken up by Europe is larger than Queensland.

My initial point still stands though. There have been many catastrophes in the past that have exceeded what you have put in your video from 2011.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
And you are absolutely right - the year before it was larger than Europe but only because it also swamped Northern Territory and NSW. I stand corrected - This year's however was larger than France and Germany combined which is what I should have said - my apologies.

Qld Flood larger than France and Germany

Oz

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

...the year before it was larger than Europe but only because it also swamped Northern Territory and NSW.

According to Wikipedia
Um ....Europe's land area is 10,180,000 km2
..........Australia's land area is 7,617,930 km2

It puts me in mind of a saying I used to hear from my geography teacher in high school "Australia is the worlds smallest continent and the worlds largest island".
Just saying.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Yeah I know what you're saying and you're not wrong - but there are some nations which we Western Europeans wouldn't include - some even include Russia in 'Europe' and of course Turkey - it's a bit like most things - debatable

Oz

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Misinformation. You need to go back to the research books on that one.

I think nature is adapting to the changes as it has done from the start. Humans expect order, seasons of monotonous predictability, and when it throws humanity a curve ball our nature is to control it, to create order so we can believe we are safe again in our feelings of unchanging intonation. The key is to adapt to the changes and prepare yourself in advance in all facets of the human condition and existence. Otherwise you too will end up as the blackbird, the whale, the fish, etc, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join