It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Really In The Food? The A to Z of the Food Industry's Most Evil Ingredients

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universer

Originally posted by stoptheinsanity2012
Acrylamides - Toxic, cancer-causing chemicals formed in foods when carbohydrates are exposed to high heat (baking, frying, grilling). They're present in everything from bread crusts to snack chips, and because they aren't intentional ingredients, acrylamides do NOT have to be listed on labels.

wtf?? should i not be cooking food then?

Yes, eating most if not all of your food raw would be optimal.

If you feel you must cook things, cook them very slowly and on very low heat. If it doesn't go above 118 degrees (or around there) most of the enzymes will survive the process.

Also, you must get organic things... It really is not safe to eat any kind of mass produce vegetable/meat/milk raw.
edit on 7/29/2011 by Universer because: low heat cooking/organic

It is worth it as everything non so called organic is laced with poisons, mass produced with less flavour and tenderness and most likely genetically altered, irradiated and waxed.

Organic is good to your body and its cells as it is meant to be.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I's eat all dems stuffs alll seemingnly ok here!! Bryane funktioning OK! Bodi notsomuch...

CJ

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

So funny. hahaha.

A star for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I am just so sick and tired of it all. Thanks for the original post. Clearly we are being led to basically organic and home grown veggies and nuts. That is all. Where we are going to get clean water in the future is anyone's guess. Makes my stomach hurt thinking about it all.

CJ

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yeh, I know. I dont remember the title of the book, but i read a sci fi book when i was younger where water was the only resource of any value, and all wars being fought were being fought for water.

Sometimes fiction is not so far from reality.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Acrylamides - Toxic, cancer-causing chemicals formed in foods when carbohydrates are exposed to high heat (baking, frying, grilling). They're present in everything from bread crusts to snack chips, and because they aren't intentional ingredients, acrylamides do NOT have to be listed on labels.

Carbonhydrate is a fancy name for sugar. Are you saying we should not cook anything with sugar in it?

Autolyzed Proteins - Highly processed form of protein containing free glutamate and used to mimic the taste-enhancer chemical MSG.

- Yeast Extract

Autolyzed proteins are usually yeast extract. You take the yeast cell, you lyzed them (destroying the cell) usually with heat, then you take the juice wich contain a lot of proteins. This is what is used to add chicken taste in bovril and other meat extract.

Corn Syrup - Just another name for High Fructose Corn Syrup (see below). Frequently used in infant formula products.

Fructose is the kind of sugar you find in most fruit, hardly dangerous.

- Homogenized Milk

This is the milk you drink everyday. You take the milk from a cow then clean it. At this stage, the milk has two phase, one yellow wich countian large amount of lipids and one white, wich countain lactose. To create a nicer looking milk, you compress, shake it until the lipids coloids are invisible to the naked eye. Homogenized milk countain the same ingredient as regular milk.

- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein

Same as autolyzed proteins, but the lyzed cells come from plant.

- Propylene Glycol

Well that's antifreeze... Good to make you blind!

- Soy Protein
- Textured Vegetable Protein

What is so wrong with protein? Protein are good for you. All of them.

Fancy name will not make something toxic people.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore
Carbonhydrate is a fancy name for sugar. Are you saying we should not cook anything with sugar in it?

Yes

Fructose is the kind of sugar you find in most fruit, hardly dangerous.

Sugar is damaging to the body when separated from the natural state (fiber, etc.). Also High Fructose Corn Syrup is processed in a very bad way... containing mercury if I'm recalling correctly.

This is the milk you drink everyday. You take the milk from a cow then clean it. At this stage, the milk has two phase, one yellow wich countian large amount of lipids and one white, wich countain lactose. To create a nicer looking milk, you compress, shake it until the lipids coloids are invisible to the naked eye. Homogenized milk countain the same ingredient as regular milk.

That is certainly not the milk I drink every day! I prefer raw grass-fed but at the moment I can only get low heat pasteurized grass-fed thanks to Ohio government. It is not the same substance at all. You are taking your life into your hands if you drink the stuff labeled "milk" at the grocery store.

As for the rest of what you've stated, everyone should decide for themselves if they want to eat anything that is adulterated from the natural state.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Very good thread. It is appalling to read here how few people actually read the ingredients on labels.

I am one of those "crazy label-readers". It is absolutely frightening how many of these ingredients find their way into supposedly "innocent" food. The food manufacturers are becoming increasingly clever, and are packaging the same harmful ingredients but listing it under a different name.

Most of the ingredients you have listed are known as excitotoxins - most specifically MSG and Aspartame. I can vouch for the fact that when I ingest Aspartame, I have an immediate migraine reaction. Perhaps I have sensitized myself - I have been vegetarian for 6 years and grow a lot of my own veggies in my back yard. I make an effort to eat 10 to 12 portions of vegetables a day, and obviously have to consume a hell of a lot of legumes, quinoa and amarinth to make up the protein component of my diet.

Excitotoxins are scary stuff. I cannot remember the exact mechanics - but I remember the gist to be something along the lines of that a person's body has a lot of organs with receptors that gladly make a connection to an excitotoxin. And that when that connection is made, that specific organ can be compromised or hyper-stimulated. Apparantly excitotoxins are the leading cause of blood-brain-barrier corruption - which leads to alzheimers, dementia and other mental disorders.

Why are so many healthy young people dying of heart attacks nowadays? The answer is: MSG. There is a documented case of an athlete who had MSG-laced tomato soup shortly before running a race. The MSG had an overstimulating effect on his heart, and he died from a heart attack just after finishing the race.

Anyhows - I am not a doctor so cannot give you the exact scientific terminology and all that. But it is a topic worthy of study.

Star to you...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

As for the rest of what you've stated, everyone should decide for themselves if they want to eat anything that is adulterated from the natural state.

This is nothing more than fear mongering. Adulterated from its natural state? Everything changes all the time. Those organic fruits and veggies that you get at specialty stores are not the same thing that was on the plant. They start to oxidize and decompose. Stuff gets deposited on it from the environment like molds, yeasts, chemicals.

Milk is homoginized because if it isn't it separates. That is how you get cream but then again that isn't how it came out of the cow. So after it separates should it be thrown out?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Universer

Thank you Universer! You speak my language!

I can only drink raw Guernsey milk. I have had an allergic reaction to milk since I was a wee lass - so bad that as a kid I developed nasal polyps which had to be surgically removed... horrible story I can tell ya...

Any shop-bought milk gives me an IMMEDIATE allergic reaction - phlegm and all that. Has anybody noticed that most of today's milk will last weeks and weeks without even separating! That is some scary sh#t right there.

You are absolutely correct. It is up to us to decide whether we want to consume something that is in an unnatural and altered state.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jigore

I will not contest your knowledge on the subject. I can not say that we have to stop eating all what the author of the article mentions. When I said that I am looking for confirmation I was expecting more posts like yours.

That said, many substances which the author mentions, ARE harmful to health. Genetically modified ingredients, aspartame(cancer), food colors, to name a few. Another thing I noticed is that some of subtance you quote, the author shows how they are harmful, such as acrylamide, which makes me wonder if you actually read the entire original article.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
This is nothing more than fear mongering. Adulterated from its natural state? Everything changes all the time. Those organic fruits and veggies that you get at specialty stores are not the same thing that was on the plant. They start to oxidize and decompose. Stuff gets deposited on it from the environment like molds, yeasts, chemicals.

So you seriously think that there is no difference between what happens in nature and what happens in these corporate laboratories? They are probably doing it for our health and benefit too, right?

Milk is homoginized because if it isn't it separates. That is how you get cream but then again that isn't how it came out of the cow. So after it separates should it be thrown out?

I don't care about homogenization. That's the LEAST of the concerns. But in case you are wondering, I just shake the carton real hard. Takes about ten seconds of my life. The problem is pasteurization and corn feeding. This leads to a poisonous end product.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I feel like Neo and would've been better off taking the blue pill. Fear mongering at it's best!
edit on 29-7-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Universer

Well, every cells, plant or animal, contain sugar. You should eat only raw stuff, or rocks!

Lets say you eat a fruit wich weight 100grams
Then let's say it countain:
- 20g of fructose
- 70g of proteins
- 10g of lipids
There no problems eating this right? So according to you, if i take them separatly, one after the other, it's bad cause it's separate from the natural state? Puuuhlease

No mather where the fructose came from, it will always follow the same metabolic pathway:

-Fructokinase transform fructose into fructose-6-phospate
-Fructose-6-phospate is a transitory molecule used in every sugar catabolism: Glucose (white sugar), starch, glycogen and every sugars your body can use. After this crucial steps, there is only one way possible to go forward
-Fructose biphosphatase transform Fructose-6-phospate into Fructose 1:6-biphosphate
-Fructose biphosphate aldulase will convert Fructose 1:6-biphosphate into 3-phospogryceraldehyde and dihydroxyacetone-phosphate
-Those will be later converted into 3-phosphoglyceraldehyde via two differents enzymes
-3-phosphoglyceraldehyde then become 1:3-bis-phosphoglycerate, then 3-phosphoglycerate, 2-phosphoglycerate, Phophoenolpyruvate and finally pyruvate
-Pyruvate enter the mitochondria so it can be processed, via kreb's cycle, into Adenosine triphosphate, wich is chemical potential energy.

No mather where it came from, fructose will always follow this pathway. Those little enzyme will recognize it then transfrom it into energy. Chemically speaking, there fructose is always fructose.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

Hey Shimmer

I too had a lot of problems from pasteurized milk... then I switched to organic soy and had even worse problems. Raw grass-fed milk is like drinking a glass of kick-###, haha.

The place I buy from has Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Friesian & Jersey cows. They put their pics on Facebook (so cute!) and you can go visit the farm any time!

I am so glad for the internet, otherwise I don't think I would have ever figured any of this out. Be well

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So you seriously think that there is no difference between what happens in nature and what happens in these corporate laboratories? They are probably doing it for our health and benefit too, right?

Who said anything about corporate labs. I'm talking about cooking an egg, frying some bacon and making up some toast. All of this is food changing and has been done since forever.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I agree, many substance in this list are health hazard. Mostof them are harmless, no mather what fear mongerer think.

The food industry hide many things. One notable exemple is strawberry juice. Strawberry juice cant be conserved for long. The molecule responsable for the strawberry taste is not stable.
So they create this new molecule via bioengineering. The taste people love so much with strawberry juice usually come from a special breed of genetically modified bacteria. It's not toxic, just less appetizing than strawberry juice!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore
So according to you, if i take them separatly, one after the other, it's bad cause it's separate from the natural state? Puuuhlease

You are missing the point. People do not consume "all the separate parts" together in one serving. Most of the foods that are the worst problem have all of the fiber missing. You don't see people downing Metamucil with their meals, do you?

You are also missing the point that the processing has an effect on the "separate parts."

Where is your calculation for the enzymes in your hypothetical piece of fruit? Where will your body get them if they have been destroyed and not replaced?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Reason # 47575 I don't touch the food. I figure a soda here and there won't likely do me in and it's probably as consistent at McDonald's as it is anywhere else.

bada ba ba baaaaaaahhh
we're slummin it

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Who said anything about corporate labs. I'm talking about cooking an egg, frying some bacon and making up some toast. All of this is food changing and has been done since forever.

You think people have been eating mass-produced eggs (that are kept in warehouses sometimes for years), bacon containing carcinogenic nitrates, and commercial white bread containing all manner of toxic ingredients "since forever"? I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time taking your arguments seriously.
edit on 7/29/2011 by Universer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join