It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe Aliens/UFO's are real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have to be honest...I have always had the opinion maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I had no proof either way.

A few days ago I was talking with a dear friend of mine and I asked him "do you think aliens are real?"...he sat quiet for a moment and looked at me with a "should I tell you this" look.... Then he said "after my daughter joined the government (I am with holding which division), I knew they were". I asked him "how did you know?". He said "when she (his daughter) was younger we use to joke around about aliens and how they came for us after watching poltergeist", he sat quietly for a moment...then he continued "we use to say "THER'RE BACK"..and we would tell each other how they came and stuck tubes up our noses, down our throats, etc...all in fun"...."once she was in the government and our relationship was becoming distant, I tried to draw her back into our earlier years together, I left her a message saying "THEY'RE BAAACK"...and he continued on his description of how they came for him and stuck tubes up his nose, etc. He said she called him back the following day and left a message that said "listen carefully, I can only going to say this once. Do NOT ever joke about that EVER again, do NOT leave me messages saying those things EVER again..I have been to area 51 and I know the truth---things you can't and don't want to know the truth about, I can not discuss this with you again, please Dad..please don't ever joke about that again, its no joke. I love you. Good-bye"

I know he is telling me the truth. It gave me an entire new prospective. I may have not ever been there myself, but I know that something is going on that we know nothing about.

The only encounter I have ever had personally was many years ago. A friend of mine and I were going home one night in CT. We were on a very dark road. My friend looked up and said "what the hell is THAT?!". I looked out and up the front windshield and saw a circular object, very low to the tree line, hovering over the trees. We stopped the car, opened the windows and could hear a soft hum. The object sat still for a few moments, with lights blinking around the circular bottom. A light in the middle of the circle was on steady. It hovered for a minute or so. Then it started to move, oh so slowly along the tree line. We drove next to the object for about 1/2 mile before it disappeared into the trees. It was really freaky. But we both know what we saw, and it was real. At the time I worked at the local airport. I asked the administrator if there were any kind of test flights for planes that were circular in the area...he laughed and said no, and asked why. I told him what I had seen with my friend over the weekend and he told me that there had been many reports of "something" circular with lights flashing around the bottom and it hovering. He did not want to speculate what it may have been. That was the end of that.

What got you interested, convinced that aliens/UFO's are real?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You know why i think there fkn real ?!?!

I'll tell you why!!!!

Cause this world is so messed up

We live likes its a democracy ! when its really a sugar coated dictatorship!

We are drying from some really disturbing trends

Messing it all up for future kids!!

Were flying on this giant rock 66,000 mph through space and nobody knows how to fly it !

we have no protection clearly from any superheros

god doesnt like to "step in " whatever hes busy with ... clearly its not helping out over here

only thing left is some punks dropped us off here for some fun little experiment to see how far we would go or some sick twisted tale like that ....

and those are aliens ! They drop in every once and a while to see what were doing .. or they just taking samples !

thats why !!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I dont see how anyone can think we are the only ones in the universe! I wish I had more of an interest in astronomy as a kid. I was about 20 when I started taking a real interest, not exactly sure what set it off.
But im bloody glad it happened though!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My personal belief is life is everywhere in the universe, and intelligent life won't all be humanoid in all likelyhood...

And it will probably eat us.

I'm being serious.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There out there (maybe not here) because there is no possible way we are the only life in the universe. Look at all the crazy animals on earth. For such a diversity of creatures to be found on one small planet it would be silly to say this is the only place with "life". The problem is we don't know as much as we think we do. I just dont think they have come here if aliens are here on earth how come they don't come to any of my bbq's. I mean I have tons of beer, great music and a sweet grill what else would an extraterrestrial biological entity want???

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
There is no way that this universe far beyond our own Milky Way galaxy is completely, utterly empty. The DNA code modifications, unanswered questions about Monolithics, everyday claims and sightings, Carol Rosin listening to Von Braun, thousands upon millions listening to George Noory, the few astronauts that have came out "No, I don't believe in aliens. I know their are". If you will stand behind the American, Russian, Canadian space programs that send men in space, you will also believe what they say. As we would a serviceman from the US in Afghanistan regarding something that happened to him.

"If we are the only ones in this huge, huge universe.. it be an awful waste of space, don't you think?"
-Contact '94

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
**Edit** Sorry, slightly misread the thread. Anyway, I have when I was young seen what is apparently common and that is three lights in triangular formation moving at speed across the sky, no aircraft noise and no deviation in the formation of the lights, nothing. At the time, and I still recall, I thought it to be particularly strange, I could not easily explain it then and I still can't now. Unfortunately now though, what we see is 99.9% fake or easily explained and I suspect the 0.1% of possibility, ignored or flippantly cast aside as fake simply because the bulk of the "evidence" is actually fake or easily explained.

Personally, I like to hope that any discovery of extraterrestrial life will be the catalyst that undermines religion with a view to it's ultimate demise. Then maybe we might actually be able to make some progress.

Cheers & Peace Be Upon Them

edit on 28-7-2011 by myselfaswell because: Stupidity.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Yes absolutely aliens exist.

I think a gentleman spelled it out quite simply in this thread: Secrets of the Indigo Child

If you want to think about it scientifically, Einsteins work on spacetime is more or less right. Quantum Mechanics is correct. String Theory is correct. We are on the right track!

The best explanation for the UFO/Aliens that I have ever seen and I know it to be true:

My modest proposal is that the aliens are the cold dark matter that make up 23 percent of the energy in the universe. Adept at cloaking themselves, they are invisible under any force that can be shielded, including strong, weak and electromagnetic interactions... The gravitational force cannot be shielded, however... [T]he aliens cannot prevent their mass from altering the rotation curves of the galaxies they inhabit. [...]

While not actively hostile, the aliens would prefer not to live in our neighborhood. Whatever it is made of, the dark energy is their way of suggesting, politely but firmly, that we leave. Dark energy is simply the mechanism for "alien flight" in the cosmic real estate market.

Aliens Are Dark Matter/Energy

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
because of something alan watts said. it goes kind of like this.- "under the right conditions an apple tree apples, just as a planet peoples"

makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
"Aliens" are something not from "here"

So if people from California come by my house, they're aliens.

There's most assuredly "life" out there, even if its not intelligent.

I doubt we're as special as we like to believe we are.

Does intelligent life exist outside of Earth?
.... I'm not convinced there's intelligent life ON Earth.

However, intelligent "Aliens" make more sense to me than "God".
- And I believe both exist, in some form.

If they are intelligent and visiting us, I have a message..

"Quit playing games, its tired - land already."

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I believe because I would have the worst night terrors when I was a child that they were taking me. My parents say it was the awful. The dreams were too real. I would also throw up all the time during the night. It was pretty weird stuff.

When I was 15 or 16, I saw a UFO with my buddy when we were driving back from the movies late one night. We were at the major intersection in town (we lived on the edge of the metro of a big city), but strangely there were no other cars around us. It wasn't even that late, just about 15 minutes before curfew, which was like 11 or 12, I can't remember. I think 12? Anyway, so this thing, triangle of three lights spread WIDE comes from the direction of the edge of town, from the boonies, and crosses over the grocery store and heads over Walmart and darts away at incredible speed towards the general direction of my parents house. As we drove down the road, every single street light went out as we went. When I got home, it was about 10 minutes until curfew (I always checked because my dad was strict). He drops me off at the curb, and as I walk up to the house there's a giant flash that dazed me for a few seconds. I go inside, and my dad starts giving me crap about being late for curfew! I had lost some time. Not much, but like 15 or 20 minutes or something like that. My friend said he saw the flash in his rear view mirror, looked back, and said he didn't see my anywhere. He was too afraid and drove off! I gave him so much crap for that, but I might have done the same thing after our previous experience at the intersection and all the lights going out. After that incident, when I'd be walking with my friends at night, I'd turn off a bunch of street lamps when I'd walk by. So yeah, they definitely thought I was weird, lol. It happened for years afterwards, but only in the last couple years has it pretty much stopped. Though every once in a great while it will kick up and start freaking me out. It usually is only in a short burst or something though, say I'll turn off like 33-50% of the lights for like a 5 minute period. I know it sounds crazy, but if you talked to my friends, even my college roommate saw the effects when we would go out shooting photos late at night. This one time we went out shooting downtown during a snow storm and the lights going out really got to him. It was after that when he finally opened up to me that he used to listen to Coast to Coast AM and be into aliens when he was younger. I never expected that from him, lol, and after being my friend, he's back into all that stuff again, which is cool I guess.

I think what it comes down to is a lot of people are more open minded when they are younger, but as they start to grow they think about how silly it all sounds and how it must have simply been their childish mind running wild. But as I saw with my friend, when he witnessed my oddity and I told him my story it brought him back to an open mind. I wish more people could be like that.

Just a few years ago I decided to look stuff up on the street light thing and found some other people that can do it. That was kind of reassuring but also scary at the same time. Didn't know what to think about that. Why does that happen? Am I charged with some energy? That would be funny, because I always feel like I'm running out of energy, lol.

The other incident was just a couple years ago. I woke up around like 9am one morning to tornado sirens (yay midwest, lol) and straight line winds blowing rain water around the edge of my sliding glass door in my apartment. It was so weird, spraying into my living room! Gladly my TV was around the corner from the window up against the wall or it would have been toast. Anyway, I'm a photographer, so my camera was out on the coffee table or something like that in the living room. After I'm done running around the living room like a mad man trying to figure out if I'm about to die or if I can somehow stop the water, I see these crazy gold orbs in the sky in the distance over some buildings. It was really insane, they were all shimmery too. Not sure how else to describe them. Like they were vibrating at some frequency on their edges. Kind of flickery? Anyway, so I go to grab my camera to snap some shots, and the freaking thing didn't have the memory card in it! I had never lost a memory card before, but that thing was so lost. I was just a student at the time so I hadn't accumulated a bunch of memory cards yet (now I have like 4 laying around, which still isn't much), but as you can guess I didn't get the shot which is crap. Still burns me to this day. Ended up having to buy a new memory card since it wasn't long before my wedding and honeymoon trip as I searched for it everywhere and it was lost. Turned up right after I ordered my new card, of course. I mean like within hours of the box coming in the mail. I was so pissed. Anyway, this story is getting too detailed and off track. Still don't know what those lights were. Checked the airport, no planes coming in within an hour of that time, and they'd be crazy to try in those high winds. Ended up seeing an episode of, ummm, I think it was UFO Hunters? They actually came to my area because there were reports of the orb things around here. I actually started crying a little during that episode because there was this one shot that looked EXACTLY like what I saw.

So the point, I guess, is that for me I believe because I can't not believe. It has nothing to do with faith or wanting it to be real. I've lived it. I'd have to be delusional to ignore what I've seen. I'd have to be in denial. I'd probably think I was crazy if my friend hadn't been there with me in the car that night. Or if others didn't see the lights going out. I don't know why I've seen this stuff and I have no reason to believe I'm special. I was in the advanced courses in school but my grades were never great. I was bored easily. In high school we had to take these personality tests and my teacher said I was the only student she's ever seen who was a "concrete abstract thinker," which is an apparent contradiction. So I don't know what the deal is. Only thing I can think of medically is that I have a weird immune system and have had back problems from a young age.

I'm not sure what else there really is to say about the whole thing? Maybe only that a couple years back I had this dream about 11:11, 11-11-11, and different combinations such as 11-11, 11:11-11, 11-11:11, 11:11:11. I noticed after awhile I'd always look at clocks at 11:11. Especially on my iPhone. Sometimes I'll randomly pull my iPhone out of my pocket and it will say 11:11. Then I'll just put it back. It's just weird. So I looked it up and was shocked to find out that it was a thing? This was before I frequented sites like ATS. Even though I was into UFOs, I never really got into conspiracies and 2012 stuff or anything like that like I do now. Lately I've noticed an increase in seeing 11:11. It has also been followed by seeing 1:11 more and 12:12, whatever that means. When I think back to being a kid, it seems like I remember something about seeing 5:55 on clocks more than anything else, but not very often, it's like a faint echo of a memory. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Damn, looking back over this post I look like a crazyass weirdo. I assure you I'm not! Well I'm weird, but not crazy. My wife wouldn't have married me if I was, lol. She is a very sensible woman, but I feel like she is waking up? I overheard her watching a documentary on Bohemian Grove on Netflix while I was in my office earlier today. I came out and was like "that sounds like Bohemian Grove?" And she was like "how do you know about that, have you seen this show before? This stuff is weird!" Lol. But anyway, I'm not crazy and I have friends and a good job and a mostly normal life otherwise. It's just that I feel kind of different from most people because of my experiences. Like I know a secret that most people don't?

Sorry for the novel, sometimes I just can't stop writing. Hope this thread takes off! Everyone share!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Interesting story ops.

Well, to the question, why do I believe aliens visiting earth (or have visited)...
Well, believe is a strong word, but I have a hunch..am very open to, and suspect..

Because, if not even for the mountain of evidence, then simply because..it makes sense.
I won't go into the science behind it that leads me to accept its pretty probable we have at the very least been probed, but lets just say, it makes less sense to me and my current collected understanding to consider we haven't been mapped out by others yet.

As far as how often they come, how in depth they have poked around, etc...well, thats where it goes from suspect to speculation...but ya, just on principle, I have a pretty good feeling they have been here before, be it in person, or in mechanical probe form (like how we send satellites and crap to our local planets to monitor and gather data.)

If your story is true, and your daughter was being serious, well, she is a lucky girl overall to peer into another level of truth many of us can only dream of getting. I however am skeptical about A51 being anything but a norm base at the moment...perhaps at one time it was of interest, but too much heat for it to continue being of interest..look to the oceans for potential new bases dealing with stuff out of this world (if there are such places) or in some barely inhabited mountain range somewhere, pacific northwest perhaps.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think a better question is why wouldn't anyone believe in Aliens and/or UFOs, or at least be open to the idea.

The ammount of eye witness accounts are uncountable, yet somehow while we convict people for murder based on a few eye witnesses (sometimes even one) we are supposed to believe 100s of thousands of accounts are completely invalid. Even considerring just the accounts with no clear explanation the # of witnesses are extremely high.

With the ammount of stars and planets in our galaxy alone the chances of life developing on just earth are pretty much nonexistant. Also look at the many types of life on earth to include many forms living in extreme conditions. Even with just one planets examples to work from I think we can see the voracity of life.

On Earth alone we know of two seperate times where a dominant species evolved and walked the planet. With one of the most popular theories for why the Dinasaurs were wiped out having been a large meteor, that would mean pretty much all, or most, higher life would have been destroyed too. Yet somehow humans and so many other forms of life developed that we don't even know all of them.

Finally I've served on a U.S. Aircraft Carrier in the Combat Information Center. When we first got there we would have to stand as lookouts a few times. For part of that and my other duties I we had to study up on aircraft to know capabilities such as manueverability, identify them by light patterns for night time and identify them visually. I didn't see anything strange then but as a civilian I saw what i thought was a shooting star and watched it. After seconds I watched it perform manuevers that any aircraft on Earth is likely hundreds of years away from being able to perform at speeds that would kill a man. It was no conventional aircraft by Earth standards, I'm convinced it was visitors from another planet. Why wouldn't someone visit, look how curious we are with life on our own planet, our history and development and so on.

Of course it was a UFO, with the exact definition being unidentified flying object. I don't know why some people are so dead set against believing life could exist or visit Earth. It is almost like going back in time and believing the Earth is the center of the Universe.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by midwest

Thank you Midwest for sharing your thoughts/story. I have to tell you...after seeing the UFO, years ago, I would always look at the clock and it would say 11:11...I could be sound asleep and I would suddenly wake up, look at the clock and see 11:11. I could be wide away, same thing, look at the clock, 11:11. That went on for many years. To this day I still look at the clock often when its 11:11.

I pondered this one day after looking at the 11:11 time on my digital clock. I thought maybe I look at the clock many, many times a day and do not take note of the time...but because 11:11 is such an easy number to remember, I think I just happen to look when it's 11:11. Does that make sense? Just a theory. I really don't know for sure. I just remember, after that incident, I could fall asleep and I would suddenly wake up at 11:11 on my digital clock.....strange!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Interesting story ops.

Well, to the question, why do I believe aliens visiting earth (or have visited)...
Well, believe is a strong word, but I have a hunch..am very open to, and suspect..

Because, if not even for the mountain of evidence, then simply because..it makes sense.
I won't go into the science behind it that leads me to accept its pretty probable we have at the very least been probed, but lets just say, it makes less sense to me and my current collected understanding to consider we haven't been mapped out by others yet.

As far as how often they come, how in depth they have poked around, etc...well, thats where it goes from suspect to speculation...but ya, just on principle, I have a pretty good feeling they have been here before, be it in person, or in mechanical probe form (like how we send satellites and crap to our local planets to monitor and gather data.)

If your story is true, and your daughter was being serious, well, she is a lucky girl overall to peer into another level of truth many of us can only dream of getting. I however am skeptical about A51 being anything but a norm base at the moment...perhaps at one time it was of interest, but too much heat for it to continue being of interest..look to the oceans for potential new bases dealing with stuff out of this world (if there are such places) or in some barely inhabited mountain range somewhere, pacific northwest perhaps.

So you believe on a hunch? Very interesting. I assumed most who "believed" had a story, experience of some kind...that's why I asked my original question.

I have never had the alien experience, yet based on my friends daughter, I have to believe there is some kind of alien out there we know nothing about in the general public. Kinda scary in a way.

What I saw in the sky was almost 23 years ago. For a couple months I thought about it, then slowly it faded away. Until I read the post on here about 11:11. Which I distinctly remember seeing after that UFO(?) sighting. It happened for the longest time. Maybe a connection to those who have seen "something", or maybe not.

By the way...love your frog signature

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1977

So you also have seen something with your own eyes. Exactly what I am looking for. I want to know how many "just believe"..vs those who have had an actual experience.

I agree with you that with all the eye witness accounts, most should realize that there is "something" out there. Yet, for those who have never believed, known another with an actual experience, or had the "ah-ha" moment within them...why would they?

In my personal opinion...it's like those who believe in god, and those who don't. You either do. or you don't. Some grow up with the belief, some have an "ah-ha" moment later in life that bring them to god...I believe this belief to be the same. Make sense? I am trying to articulate this, not sure I am doing a very good job.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I would think that they are real. I mean people think there was a magical Jebus in the sky. Why not Think UFO/Aliens are real too? Just makes sense ya know?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I agree Forever! If they are out there why are they hiding (or being hid)? Maybe humans are not ready? Maybe those who believe would actually sh*t themselves if they actually saw one?

I have often wondered if its like angels vs demons...are there good/bad aliens? If we are good, will one day we be approached by a good alien. If we are bad, will you meet a demon like alien?

I believe in Karma...maybe that's why I believe that this is a possibility in regards to aliens...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Your energy comment I could bring into my Karma thoughts. IF aliens are real...are their good and bad ones? Just like humans? Or are they different? Non-emotional? Not good, nor bad? A question to ponder...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Of course for every eye witness acount publicly reported there are probably three that never get reported. Considering that historically people would be labelled crazy or stupid by reporting UFOs. Times are changing and people seem far more open than before though.

Nice analogy with religion, like religion there is no hard proof that anyone can point to in order to show what they believe is a fact. Of course there is no way to disprove religion either just like Aliens and/or UFOs. About evidence though there may be some accounts of miracles, near death experiences with God or Jesus and so on but probably not near the scale of circumstantial evidence for UFO's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join