It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Emergency at Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, Texas?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Can anyone contact someone at University of Texas at Dallas and have some students/professors go to the geolocation and do a reading?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
www.utdallas.edu... physics > faculty and research
Professors
Phillip Charles Anderson
Associate Professor
WSTC 1
972-883-2851
[email protected]

Anderson, Phillip

Ionospheric and magnetospheric electrodynamics; space weather; space environment effects on human systems.

Roy C Chaney
Professor
ECSN 2.928
972-883-2887
[email protected]
Chaney, Roy

Research in theoretical aspects of solid state physics are in progress. Calculation of electronic structure of solids by LCAO; electron-beam lithography.

Austin J Cunningham
Dean of Graduate Studies
FA 3.104
972-883-2667
[email protected]
Cunningham, Austin

Professor

Research into collisional processes occurring in planetary atmospheres, governing gas laser operation, important in thin film plasma deposition, and determining the output of high intensity lamps.

Ervin J Fenyves
Professor
ECSN 2.916
972-883-2971
[email protected]
Fenyves, Ervin
Professor Emeritus

Elementary particles; cosmic rays; gamma-ray astrophysics; gamma-ray and neutrino detectors. Participation in the LHC (CERN) Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) Collaboration forward muon detector design and construction.

Yuri Gartstein
Associate Professor
ECSN 2.914
972-883-2834
[email protected]

Gartstein, Yuri

Condensed matter physics with emphasis on nanoscience; electronic, optical and transport properties of organic materials.

Robert Glosser
Professor and Program Head
ECSN 2.234
972-883-2876
[email protected]

Glosser, Robert

Research interests relate to the study of optical properties of solids using techniques including Raman, photoluminescence and modulation spectroscopies. Materials of interest are semiconductors, thermoelectric materials and nanomaterials.

Roderick A Heelis
Endowed Chair
ECSN 2.926
972-883-2822
[email protected]
Faculty Profile
Heelis, Roderick
Director, William B. Hanson Center for Space Sciences
Professor

Plasma processes and electrodynamics in planetary atmospheres and ionospheres; space flight instrumentation.

John H Hoffman
Professor
ECSN 2.908
972-883-2846
[email protected]
Hoffman, John
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies

Ionospheric com­position; mass spectroscopy; stratospheric cluster ion composition. Dr. Hoffman's research involves studies of planetary atmospheres, particularly the composition of the neutral and ionic constituents.

Mustapha Ishak-Boushaki
Assistant Professor
ECSN 2.918
972-883-2815
[email protected]
Faculty Profile
Ishak-Boushaki, Mustapha

Gravitational lensing and applications to cosmology, acceleration of the expansion of the universe: cosmological constant, dark energy, Einstein's equations, junction conditions for matching space-times and constructing wormholes and spacetime thin-shells, computer algebra (symbolic computing).
Joseph Izen
Professor
ECSN 2.510
972-883-2598
[email protected]
Izen, Joseph

Experimental high energy particle physics exploring high energy proton collisions produced at CERN's Large Hadron Collider and electron-positron collisions at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) National Accelerator Laboratory. He is Principal Investigator for UT Dallas' High Energy Physics Group that works on the ATLAS and BaBar experiments.
David J Lary
Faculty
WSTC 2.808
972-883-5643
[email protected]
Lary, David J.
Associate Professor

Computational and information systems to facilitate discovery and decision support in Earth System Science; Remote Sensing.
Mark Lee
Professor
ECSN 2.904
972-883-2863
[email protected]
Lee, Mark

Condensed matter physics, novel electronic and optical materials, electronic and photonic devices.

Xinchou Lou
Professor
ECSN 2.518
972-883-6409
[email protected]
Lou, Xinchou

Elementary particle physics experiments at electron-position colliders, high performance cluster computing, and application of data mining techniques to other fields of research

Paul J Mac Alevey
Senior Lecturer III
SL 3.306
972-883-4634
[email protected]
MacAlevey, Paul

Dr. MacAlevey’s principal activity at UTD is teaching. Research interests focus on gravitational radiation.

Anton Malko
Assistant Professor
ECSN 2.912
972-883-6383
[email protected]
Malko, Anton

Dr. Malko's areas of interest include:

Molecular/cell science, sorting in microfluidic environments, using optical tweezers
Photoluminescence spectroscopy of single semiconductor quantum dots
Single photon sources and single photon correlation spectroscopy
Femotosecond spectroscopy
Non-linear optics and spectroscopy of quantum dots and other semiconductor materials
Optical limiting devices, Nano-optics
Solid state physics, Laser physics
Fiber optics (hi-power fiber lasers & amplifiers)
Optical engineering

Beatrice Rasmussen
Senior Lecturer I
SL 3.310
972-883-2842
[email protected]
Rasmussen, Beatrice

A study on Equatorial Spread F in the earth’s ionosphere.

Wolfgang A Rindler
Professor
ECSN 2.924
972-883-2880
[email protected]

Rindler, Wolfgang

Theoretical relativistic cosmology and basic problems in general relativity.

Myron Salamon
Dean
FN 3.120
972-883-2416
[email protected]
Salamon, Myron
Professor

Experimental condensed matter physics, phase transitions, superconductivity and the properties of magnetic materials.

Jason D Slinker
Faculty
ECSN 2.910
972-883-6513
[email protected]
Slinker, Jason

Organic optoelectronic devices for energy efficiency and novel biosensors for disease diagnostics and laboratory assays.

Brian A Tinsley
Professor
WSTC 2.802
972-883-2838
[email protected]
Tinsley, Brian

Airglow; aurora; theoretical research in aeronomy; instrumentation for atmospheric spectroscopy; observational and theoretical research on upper atmosphere processes (aeronomy) for more than 40 years, and has served on many national and international organizations in this field.

Anvar A Zakhidov
Professor
BE 3.316
972-883-6530
[email protected]

Zakhidov, Anvar

Physics and chemistry of advanced materials: carbon nanotubes, fullerenes, theory of excitons, polarons, solitons in solids; optical and microwave spectroscopy; molecular superconductivity, ferromagnetism; conducting polymers electronic molecular devices.

Affiliated Faculty
Yves Jean Chabal
Endowed Chair
RL 3.744
972-883-5751
[email protected]

Chabal, Yves
Professor, Materials Science

Current interests are centered on surface chemical functionalization of semiconductor and oxide surfaces, atomic layer deposition, organic electronics, biosensors and H2 storage materials.
Kyeongjae Cho
Associate Professor
972-883-2845
[email protected]

Cho, Kyeongjae
Materials Science

Computational materials science of nanomaterials and electronic device materials, carbon nanotubes and semiconductor nanowires for nanoelectronics, metal nanoparticles for catalyst design in renewable energy applications and interface modeling of high-k gate stack systems.
John Ferraris
Department Head
BE 2.510
972-883-2905
[email protected]
Ferraris, John
Chemistry Professor

Polymeric organic semiconductors and intrinsic conductors; advanced lithographic resist materials.

Christopher L Hinkle
Assistant Professor
972-883-5711
[email protected]
Hinkle, Christopher
Materials Science

Aspects of the search for alternative gate dielectrics for use in advanced CMOS devices, novel approaches to film growth and interfacial compatibility, remote plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition processes and areas of film characterization including AES, XPS, SIMS, RBS, C-V, J-V, FTIR, XAS and NRA.
Mary Lena U Kelly
Associate Professor
FN 3.308
972-883-2499
[email protected]

Urquhart, Mary
Science/Mathematics Education

Thermal processes in planetary crustal materials with an emphasis on the lunar and martian surfaces; misconceptions and instructional design in astronomy and physics (Sci/Math Ed). NASA education and public outreach projects; member of the Center for Space Sciences.

Robert M Wallace
Professor
RL 4.414
972-883-6638
[email protected]

Wallace, Robert
Professor, Electrical Engineering

Advanced materials for device scaling, Semiconductor materials, Dielectric materials, Surface science, Ion beam characterization, Molecular beam epitaxy Field-emission display materials, Self-assembled monolayers, First-principles materials computations.

Adjunct Faculty

Glen Birdwell
Army Research Laboratory
Adelphy, MD

David Cline
[email protected]
Adjunct Professor
University of California, Los Angeles

Walter Duncan
[email protected]
Research Scientist
Senior Member Technical Staff, Texas Instruments
Plano, TX

Joseph Estrera
[email protected]
Adjunct Professor

Timothy Ostromek
L-3 Communications

Claudiu Rusu
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Dallas County Community College

Updated: July 22, 2011

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
site: www.blackcatsystems.com... (black cat systems)

currently showing ZERO, NADA ZILCH for Dallas, TX Area

as o Today is: 2011-07-29, and the time is 20:21:57 UTC

anyone have a smart phone app for geiger counter readings in the world? there are some I know, just dl'd one for android o.s.

the good one's apparently cost, but I'll see how this free one works

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is this like the slow motion meltdown that was occuring out at Ft Calhoun. Give me a break.

And did anyone see the giant disclaimer at the top of the page:

Note that these are generally run by individuals, and not all readings may be accurate. Do not panic because you see a high reading. Someone could be getting invalid readings.

edit on 29-7-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
found one looks okay, don't know if it's reliable, i will furthe rinvestigate, but it's called GlObal NucIear Watch (changed some letters to numbers, the "L" in nuclear is an uppercase i) as to not look as if promoting commercial product, web spiders won't see it for e-commerce) available free for android o.s.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Give me a break.

In good spirit of course...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nothing showing on the global events map

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Dallas marker appears to be gone now.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
The Dallas marker appears to be gone now.

edit on 7/29/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SHABBYCAT

Hey Shabby

I'm sorry if this was all just a false alarm. I, too, have kids and I am trying to decide whether we move somewhere remote into the outback (and up high) to avoid any incoming Elenin catastrophe (Next definite alignment is Sept 27).

I'm glad you made the decision you felt was best. I pray that this is a false alarm and offer peace and love to everyone.

Mitak.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Have they evacuated anyone yet? Are there warnings flying across tv and radio?

If not than probably nothing of importance happening there.

I am not trying to be rude to you and mean no offense to you in particular but,
your statement is EVERYTHING that is wrong with our country right now!!!

We are soo conditioned to believe that unless you hear it on the talking box in the living room
or coming from the dashboard of your car it isn't real!!!!
This has to change!!!!!
Really think about what you said for a minuite.

If there are no warnings flying around on the TV or radio then it is probably nothing of importance?????
REALLY?!?!?!?!?!

We are doomed as a society!
edit on 29-7-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A member on here last night was able to contact the local sheriffs department in that area, in which nothing major was discovered. They told the member that the nuclear plant checks in with them every few hours.

This plant also went down back on July 15th, and many more times before that this year. I wouldn't worry at all.
They've been having a lot of electrical problems, so unplanned outages have been happening all year. One google search and I found three dates right away from this year alone (could be more) where it went down for electrical repairs in one of the reactors. Since reactor 1 was the last to be repaired, I bet it's the new one they fired up not too long ago.

edit on 7/29/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

C.I.A AND NSA insert stux ,TEXAS has been really pissing of TPTB lately ,this is Obamas answer ,
I will have my steak well radiated please......

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

It's obvious to me that Black Cat cant be trusted either. The smoking gun here people is the job offer posted two days ago by Luminant of a highly critical position THAT MUST BE MANNED AT ALL TIMES, UNDER INTENSE DUE DILIGENCE! Why was that person relieved of their position??

"Why was that person relieved of their position??"

How do you know that that person was relieved of their position? Maybe that person put in their notice. Or maybe it's a newly created job. I don't see a smoking gun. Also, from the blackcat site "Note that these are generally run by individuals, and not all readings may be accurate." Why would a plant this size use a blackcat monitor and release information on the internet? Wouldn't they have their internal monitoring system? Something a little less public.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I live a few miles from the plant and have a couple of friends who work security there.

Nothing out of the ordina.......... ugggg..ahhhgg

I havent heard anything. Sky still has that same orange hue in the vicinity that it always has but I think it's just the lights.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by kro32

How is being fed up with constant "scares" and lies "jumping off the deep end"?

Comment on the OP, you didn't come here to comment on MY post.

..way to go! You almost get the impression there are agents of misinformation dissing what people have to say rather than them posting their own views. Appears they have no mind of their own!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

As of 11:31 p.m. Central time...
still no marker on Dallas.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

hay, thank you. I appreciate your words. I being a single mommy get worried when I think of me and these two kiddos trying to escape a situation like this or surviving a shtf senario. I think we all agreed we don't wanna survive a major event. We would drive toward it. But if I can somehow get out of the way of radiation then I will surely do it. After being gone ALL DAY out tending business with a dead phone, my only link to this info., I come back to find there is still some concern. Damn!!!!! Well it is so hard to decide what to do in a situation like this, when do you decide to "DO SOMETHING" "GRAB YOUR BUG OUT BAG AND BUG OUT" I DO NOT trust the teevee. I don't watch it and I wouldn't even own one If I didn't use it to watch dvds from time to time. I don't even own one of those hd digital televisions. I have a big heavy old style, one you can't watch teevee on without cable. So I come to ATS for "news" and can't even trust this to give me the truth cuz ya never know when someone will trick you with false info.

Anyway, I've just carried on enough. Thanks to everybody who gave advice and got info for this thread. I for one appreciated it. Now ill just keep my fingers crossed that this isn't something nefarious.

Be safe everyone. ((Hugs)).

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by LightAssassin

I just called the plants emergency info line, no information so I'm calling the sheriffs office. Will update.

**UPDATE**

Called the sheriffs office and the conversation went like this:

Me- Hi I'm inquiring about high radiation level readings at the Comanche Peak Power Plant on an online map.

Dispatch- Who are you with?

Me- I'm a civilian.

Dispatch- Ok, well sorry sir but we have no information at this time regarding the plant.

Me- So it's just showing innumerable amounts higher than normal and you have no information?

Dispatch- Sorry sir, call back in the morning.
edit on 28-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Evasive replies imo..

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There currently is no reported situation for this nuclear site at the NRC Reports website:

www.nrc.gov...

Read this months reports....people at nuclear plants have been dumping Tritium down the sewer at one facility....lots of stolen/missing radioactive material in July as well.

It's a matter of time before we see dirty bombs set off in America from all that stolen/missing radioactive material.

Pouring Tritium down the toilet.....Nuclear plant employees fired for being drunk on the job...and this is just July.

Imagine what DOESN'T get reported to the NRC!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join