It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Emergency at Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, Texas?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I updated my previous post with dialogue from my phone call to the local sheriffs office as well as the plants information line.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by LightAssassin

I just called the plants emergency info line, no information so I'm calling the sheriffs office. Will update.

**UPDATE**

Called the sheriffs office and the conversation went like this:

Me- Hi I'm inquiring about high radiation level readings at the Comanche Peak Power Plant on an online map.

Dispatch- Who are you with?

Me- I'm a civilian.

Dispatch- Ok, well sorry sir but we have no information at this time regarding the plant.

Me- So it's just showing innumerable amounts higher than normal and you have no information?

Dispatch- Sorry sir, call back in the morning.
edit on 28-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Who are you with? And then no information? WELL, that might just say something is going on....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Everybody chill. It shows a reading of 8 for me on the site. Call me naieve, but I feel pretty certain we'd know if something were going on. Nothing is on the local channels, nothing online... but I will keep checking back. Heck, the only thing wrong is that it's still 90 degrees at 11:30 pm!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Somebody should call back and say they're with some ABC organization.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

That was very good of you to try to get some info for us!!

Well, hell. I was hoping that the phone call would settle the issue. Now I am not sure what to think. The numbers are fluctuating so wildly, I am gonna say some sort of error on the part of the monitoring equipment?....(please)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Thats not a good response

Please tell your friend to go South...this isnt worth the risk of waiting. It's high amounts of Radiation.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Interesting, Glen Rose is where the world famous dinosaur park is...

(think human footprints alongside dinosaurs)

I've played golf there, no wonder my game was "off" that day

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kluskinoodle
Everybody chill. It shows a reading of 8 for me on the site. Call me naieve, but I feel pretty certain we'd know if something were going on. Nothing is on the local channels, nothing online... but I will keep checking back. Heck, the only thing wrong is that it's still 90 degrees at 11:30 pm!

Okay, I take that back - it's now reading 324. What would cause a fluctuation like that? The winds are out of the south tonight, around 20mph. Maybe that's something?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

How strange, I want to call too. I wonder who you'd have to say you are or "with" to get info. Should I also call the sheriffs?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SHABBYCAT

Yes. The plants emergency line is an automated system and will eventually just give you the number to the sheriff or a radio frequency.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

NORWEGIAN AIR MONITORING INSTITUTE

They may be gullible enough!

EPA Radiation Emergency notification number

edit on 28-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Or pretend to be these guys

National Air and Radiation Environmental Laboratory
540 South Morris Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36115-2601

I'm doing this from South Australia, so if any of the info I give seems like BS....it's because I am trying to work while SAVING THE WORLD :

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Placing the call to the EPA right now just in case. Will update in a second.

**UPDATE**

I spoke to a dispatcher at the EPA to report a POTENTIAL situation.

He said that this isn't the first call tonight regarding the area of Glen Rose, TX. Took my contact information and again, asked me what company/organization I was with. I told him I was a private citizen and he said that due to multiple reports, they will be treating this as a POTENTIAL situation, meaning a potential release of hazardous material.

More updates as they come
edit on 28-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ok I am gonna call and say something like I'm from a monitoring station in California or somewhere far from Texas. Just so yall know I am not educated in this area enough to pull off too much but I know some lingo so I'm gonna call right now. I'll be right back.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

OK, well that is something, especially given that others have called up too, and we know it's no-one on this thread...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Crap. Well, I guess I will staying up later than I had planned. Thank ya'll again for staying on top of this potential 'situation'.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
n/m
edit on 7/28/2011 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Not a problem, it's 2.25pm here in Adelaide so I have a few more hours of monitoring from here.

I am very concerned about radiation because it damages the spirit/soul energy too...but thats for another thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ok I called and tried my best to get something. I said I was with the Air and Radiation Environmental laboratory, I told the lady who answered that we were seeing very high readings for Comanche Peak. I informed her I had already called the emergency line for C.P. and she said they have not heard ANYTHING about any problems there. I asked again...you've not heard ANYTHING? there's no problem out there.? Nothing! She said they've heard nothing. I dunno, I am south of it so maybe I'm as safe as I can be for now but Damn this is not fun.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

After I've called and inquired, they have HEARD about it... Maybe nor from Comanche Peak, but from a concerned citizen. Either this is a bad miscommunication, mixed with an equipment malfunction. Or a black out.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ya, I was hoping to atleast get that others have called out of her but nope, she seemed oblivious. I am really not liking this at all. We are just completely in the dark. I mean that web site says do not use that info for emergency. I wonder if anyone out there caught any sirens? The one person I know who is close enough to maybe find out something thinks I'm a nut cuz I am a member of this web site. He wouldn't like me to even ask or wake him up this late with my "conspiracy crap".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join