It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Emergency at Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, Texas?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I went digging through this weeks event notification reports, and I found one for Comanche Peak around 6 days ago.
NRC.gov link

I am not saying this is the cause of it, but this is the only local event from this week in the list. If something really bad was going on they are not revealing much about it.

Facility: COMANCHE PEAK
Event Number: 47086

VULNERABILITY FROM A POTENTIAL CONTROL ROOM FIRE ON "A" SAFEGUARDS BUS

"A potential scenario has been identified that has not been analyzed in the Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant Fire Safe Shutdown Analysis (FSSA). This situation is described below for Unit 1, but also applies to Unit 2. Listed below is the configuration for 1EA1. The basic configuration is typical for 1EA2, 2EA1 and 2EA2 as well (ref. E1-0001)

If I am reading this correctly it isn't even an actual event, it's the identification of a weakness in their wiring layout. You gotta check the entire notification report.

But I can't find anything else from the last 8 days anywhere near Dallas except for a few malfunctioning shutters which is pretty commonplace.

So the reading may not be coming from the power plant after all, it is supposedly in cold shut down mode at the moment as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You will/should also so reading north of that location go up because I believe the wind is travelling in that direction. Are there any other radiation monitoring websites?

link   

Originally posted by kro32
If you guys are so worried why don't you pick up the phone and make a quick call to the nuclear plant. If a secretary answers than you know that everything is fine and the precious website has wrong information. Not that hard to check this out.

No answer omg!!!!!!!!!!!

link   
You know you read something like this and it sends a bolt of fear thru you, I am not one to freak out but I also don't trust the teevee to tell me if I am in danger. So I guess I'm off to study up on that web site. I just felt a bit worried not only because of what I read but the thought that I have NO gas to get me and my kiddos to a safe place, if necessary ,untill tomorrow at 9 a.m. (payday). So I guess I'm not goin anywhere anyway. Lol. Damn, I just came for some "lite" reading to chill and fall asleep.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There are so many random sources of radiation around these days, it could be sourced from anything.

We have so very little data about the particular sensor in question, it's location and what objects are nearby it.

You could have some medical equipment sitting nearby that is giving the readings, it's hard to say without knowing much.

We have no data right now, let's try to find some.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Although the OP worded it a "nuclear emergency" I'm pretty sure his only attention was to bring it to our attn so that we could then do the research. While it may not be a nuclear emergency, it IS a possible one, as anything is possible. We just gotta get on the phone, and the local news, and find out if it's something going on.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Edit: Nevermind!
edit on 28-7-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just found another source of disclosure for radiation threats in Texas for 2011...

Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant has a bushel load of radiation alerts posted for it, one in red! this alert website doesn't have anything posted for this event yet however.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Originally posted by kro32
If you guys are so worried why don't you pick up the phone and make a quick call to the nuclear plant. If a secretary answers than you know that everything is fine and the precious website has wrong information. Not that hard to check this out.

No answer omg!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is from Colorado, so says the Avatar

DID YOU REALLY CALL THEM!?!?!?

The weather says winds are coming from the South which means all the states above Texas will cop fallout too..if any.

You guys in the US need to do all you can right now.
edit on 28-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I just called the only number I could find which is their visitors center number. Obviously it's closed for the night.

Then number is (254) 897-5554

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I did the same thing! I refuse to panic, but I am too close for comfort if this a real event....

link   
reply to post by Boreas

Your post is regarding a different power plant located in Pueblo, Co.

The one in the OP is in Glen Rose, Tx.

link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

That's pretty weird, but i'm a bit more scared of the 22 near me

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Oh. Oops! I retract my duns.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

found these

Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant emergency information number 682-498-8010; the Hood County Sheriff's office is 817/579-3307; the Somervell County Sheriff's office is 254/897-2242.

cpnppemergencyinfo.com...

Please try the emergency number

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

COLORADO now showing 19.
COLORADO now showing 20.
Nah, seems Colorado is normal fluctuation. Texas is still an issue.
edit on 28-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I just called the plants emergency info line, no information so I'm calling the sheriffs office. Will update.

**UPDATE**

Called the sheriffs office and the conversation went like this:

Me- Hi I'm inquiring about high radiation level readings at the Comanche Peak Power Plant on an online map.

Dispatch- Who are you with?

Me- I'm a civilian.

Dispatch- Ok, well sorry sir but we have no information at this time regarding the plant.

Me- So it's just showing innumerable amounts higher than normal and you have no information?

Dispatch- Sorry sir, call back in the morning.
edit on 28-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
353 Now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Actually, I'll replace my previous suspicious story with this suspicious story from the same day (and the right plant this time):

Go easy on the A/C this afternoon

According to ERCOT up to 3,800 megawatts of power plant capacity is offline today due to unplanned maintenance issues. ERCOT isn’t allowed to disclose which units are down, but according to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s web site one of the two 1,200 megawatt units of the Comanche Peak nuclear power plant southwest of Fort Worth is offline for an unplanned maintenance issue.

Also about 500 megawatts from some Houston-area power plants were offline unexpectedly today, according to sources.

One megawatt is roughly enough electricity to power 500 average homes under normal conditions in Texas, according to ERCOT, or about 200 homes during hot weather. That means the downed plants could handle about 760,000 typical Texas homes.

Dun!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Not only suspicious, but potential cause/factor. Star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join