It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Emergency at Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, Texas?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was checking local radiation levels on the black cat systems monitoring site, when once the map loaded I instantly saw this:

WHOA NELLIE!! what in the ``%``** is going on near Dallas, Texas?!

[exTypical background radiation levels for most of the USA are in the 5 to 28 uR/hr range. Readings can be higher for brief periods of time due to normal variations in radiation levels.

Dallas, Texas at 312 Ur/ hr!... And until I find out more, this is where I suspect it's comming from:

Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant

Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant operates twin reactors in Glen Rose, about 50 miles southwest of Forth Worth

Is there a Nuclear disaster going down in Texas?!
edit on 28-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Doesnt look good.
2nd.
edit on 28-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just looked again and now it's up to 316 Ur/ hr!!

Edit to add:

I found this:

Radioactive Water Leak Forces Nuclear Power Plant Shut Down (Sept 26 2010)

The Comanche Peak nuclear power plant near Fort Worth was shut down after a leak of radioactive water, leading to government scrutiny of the utility's plan for finding such leaks. A report by Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspectors said radiation monitors inside the plant's Unit 1 sounded alarms after recording high radiation readings on Sept. 26.

Radiation levels peaked six more times before operators shut down the reactor two days later, the inspectors said. The leak was found in a small tube carrying radioactive water in one of four generators that make steam to turn the reactor's electric turbines.

So this plant has a history of leaks to boot!
edit on 28-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Must not be a typo 'cause it's at 318 rite now!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Have they evacuated anyone yet? Are there warnings flying across tv and radio?

If not than probably nothing of importance happening there.

link   
Says "13" when I click on it . . .

link   
i just looked and saw 341 an hour!!! WTF

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

When you click on what....I don't see anything to click on??

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

For Gods sake, shoot me now.

WHY am I not surprised?? ANOTHER "terror" plot and ANOTHER nuclear **** up.

All this is saying is "HEY, DON'T LOOK AT THE FACT THAT WE'RE GONNA DEFAULT AND YOU'RE GONNA FEEL THE ASS END OF IT. JUST PANIC OVER SOMETHING ELSE WE'VE MANUFACTURED TO DISTRACT YOU."

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I looked about a minute ago and it was 13.........then I saw the last post and looked again........316

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

I looked about a minute ago and it was 13.........then I saw the last post and looked again........316

Yeah, that's what I see too. It was 13, and then 336, and then 11, and now 327.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

For Gods sake, shoot me now.

WHY am I not surprised?? ANOTHER "terror" plot and ANOTHER nuclear **** up.

All this is saying is "HEY, DON'T LOOK AT THE FACT THAT WE'RE GONNA DEFAULT AND YOU'RE GONNA FEEL THE ASS END OF IT. JUST PANIC OVER SOMETHING ELSE WE'VE MANUFACTURED TO DISTRACT YOU."

Way to overreact there. You ever think that maybe the website is messed up, you know that does tend to happen. Why not wait till you have a verifiable source before you jump off the deep end.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Does anyone know any more about this???? Kinda got me worried as I am very close to there and have a family member in Dallas. I don't know anything about reading that map and dangerous levels. I'm a little worried. Can someone let me know if I should be worried and ready to go somewhere else???

link   
I'm sure you guys all read this on that website.

Note that these are generally run by individuals, and not all readings may be accurate. Do not panic because you see a high reading. Someone could be getting invalid readings.

RIGHT???

link   
I have family that live in Glen Rose and I haven't heard anything about a nuclear disaster..
I zoomed in on the radiation map linked, and it appears the radiation (at 336) is coming from Richland Hills, on the north east edge of Fort Worth.
Does anyone know if this site accurately places their readings?
If it does, it's not the Commanche Plant. If it doesn't, then it could be the plant.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

How is being fed up with constant "scares" and lies "jumping off the deep end"?

Comment on the OP, you didn't come here to comment on MY post.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Now it's down to 10?

Is somebody jumping on the nuclear trampoline again?

link   
From Black Cat Systems website:

Note that these are generally run by individuals, and not all readings may be accurate. Do not panic because you see a high reading. Someone could be getting invalid readings.

I'd try and find another source, or see if it persists for more than several hours before too much panic.

link   
If you guys are so worried why don't you pick up the phone and make a quick call to the nuclear plant. If a secretary answers than you know that everything is fine and the precious website has wrong information. Not that hard to check this out.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
April 2011 article on Evac planning:

A look at evacuation plans for Comanche Peak nuclear power plant

At Comanche Peak, operated by Luminant, the two units are designed for 300-mph winds, which an F5 tornado could bring, company spokesman Allan Koenig said. That's the highest rating on the damage scale, equal to the worst that have struck in Texas, records show.

Then there is the 10-mile Plume Exposure Pathway Emergency Planning Zone. The risk there, lasting hours to days, is exposure to gamma radiation from a plume and inhalation exposure from passing radioactive particles. People there can expect to be evacuated, too.
The Ingestion Exposure Pathway Emergency Planning Zone is 10 to 50 miles from the plant. The danger, lasting hours to months, is ingesting contaminated water or foods such as milk or fresh vegetables.

The northeast edge of that zone includes west Fort Worth and some of Grand Prairie and Arlington, Luminant officials told me. Comanche Peak is near Glen Rose, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

NOTHING on any MSM sites yet!

I'd like to comment on the gentleman who brought up the terrorist aspect of these UNDISCLOSED radiation releases, which I had already done about a week prior to discovering today's event...

Please review my comments here: Nuclear "Disasters" enacted around the U.S.! By Who's Design?

Now, maybe folks will take my theories more seriously...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join