It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to ignore someone so I don't have to see their posts?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Bite!! Ouch!!! I reserve my right reciprocate (you will probably need a dictionary) wish, thus I will ignore you from here on in!

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
Is there some way to hide an individual's posts so that I never see them when reading a thread? I don't want to make someone an "honored rival" and stroke their ego, I just don't want to read their posts at all because they really push my buttons and I don't want to respond and provide the person more ammunition by taking the bait.

Ispit! on there posts when i dont like them, an d som e tim ess i cant see what (/ i am ty pi ng =ve rr ry ggoood
edit on 30-7-2011 by Gloster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

So first you challenge me, now it's good day? Seriously, I'm not trying to have a run at you, but for someone who is obviously a mental giant, you sure missed the joke, friend.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Is there some way to hide an individual's posts so that I never see them when reading a thread?

Yes, you have two visual "censors" (pun intended) in the front of your head.
So what you do is just literally ignore or skip over this person's posts.

It's really very simple.

Much like in real life..... we have no ignore "button" in real life.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
you will probably need a dictionary

Actually, I might need a translator.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

Every one is entitled to an opinion. I did not ask the initial request of an ignore button. I may not agree with the request. Just offering a solution to the op if that is what they truly seek to achieve.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Q:"Is there a way to ignore someone so I don't have to see their posts?"
A: "Strategically apply duct tape to your monitor."

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

laughing.....................................................................................................................

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Is there something I have done to offend you?? Apparently SLANDER jumps from real world to cyberspace by those who know NOTHING of the person!!! How horrible that people believe something FALSE because it is more interesting that believing the truth.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

heh, it's a joke friend. Don't feel bad. Even the smartest guy in the thread still doesn't get it apparently.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Why allow anyone to push your buttons? This is only cyberspace and many people would'nt dare say half of of what comes out of their mouths in reality when put in certain suituations.

Kind of like the anti-semites......once alone surrounded by Israelis, they'll keep their mouths shut real fast just as an Aussie who likes to take the piss out of Kiwis won't joke around if surrounded by a gang of Maoris.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Correct! Dont need balls in C space or on ATS! Courage is abound! Maybe thats why being respectful is not a priority!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
reply to post by bluemirage5

Correct! Dont need balls in C space or on ATS! Courage is abound! Maybe thats why being respectful is not a priority!
Wow, after perusing a handful of your posts in other threads, you are certainly one to talk! Talk about being disrespectful. You should google self-projection, friend.
No wonder you got so excited when you clicked my link.

edit on 30-7-2011 by Balkan because: took out the troll part. wasn't a fair assessment

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Oh! touche

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Is there some way to hide an individual's posts so that I never see them when reading a thread? I don't want to make someone an "honored rival" and stroke their ego, I just don't want to read their posts at all because they really push my buttons and I don't want to respond and provide the person more ammunition by taking the bait.

All right fine...

Here you go!

Ignore

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
on ats you use to be able to ignore use to work out so that you wouldnt say something you would regret later.

the only option now is exercise your personal freedom to not even acknowledge or enable them.

once a poster knows they can "Get under your skin" then some will do it out of sheer spite

best option if they post something in to response dont answer.

theres nothing on here that says you have to respond to every post.

last thought here people foe me all the time but thats not the point of ats an opinion is just an opinion and we all have them is just an opinion.

we are not enemies here.

lot of people dont like me and sometimes the feeling mutual but it never escalates to hatred.

pretty hard to judge a person based of posts of an annoymous forum.
edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
lol, I already made a foe, but what's weird I didn't do anything to him. Wasn't out of line, or anything like that. Wasn't rude to him. I mean, I could understand if I did something personally to a person wanting them to be mad at me, but for nothing. Just plain childish.
[okay maybe my username and avatar] lol, A) just a name, not the person and B) just an image, not the person.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I apologize if I offended the op, I was just being silly, yes at one time we had an ignore feature.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

LOL - Slayer - thank you for the Ignore button! That was nifty.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, all. There were some good suggestions. The reason I asked about this was because I was getting ticked off with the rough treatment an OP was getting on a thread that I thought was pretty interesting. I would have liked to read his thread without having to read through all the comments from a couple of folks who just seemed interested in derailing it. I have noticed a lot of that going on here lately, as have many others, judging by the quantity of "how do we get rid of the trolls" threads.

Yes, I could hit the X in the upper right corner, but I don't have to. We all agreed to certain rules when we signed up for our accounts. Those rules are here to keep things respectful and make sure that ATS continues to be a site people want to visit. If I and others like me hit the X instead of continuing to come to the site and contribute, then that is clearly detrimental to ATS. I have avoided it for the past three years, but I will start using my "alert" option now. The funny thing is that I just read through the entire thread again and found that a bunch of the comments on this very thread have now been T&C'd.

P.S. @Stormdancer777 - Nah, you didn't offend me.
@Gloster - loved your reply and I really love your profile picture!
edit on 31-0720117-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Added postscript

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join