It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Readying New Behavior Detection Plan For Airport Checkpoints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Isn't this just grand? The thought police will be everywhere now.

www.politico.com...

TSA already has "behavior detection officers" at 161 airports nationwide looking for travelers exhibiting physiological or psychological signs that a traveler might be a terrorist. However, Pistole said TSA is preparing to move to an approach that employs more conversation with travelers—a method that has been employed with great success in Israel.

Well, if it works in Isreal, then we just have to implement it here!

I hope you'll read the entire article. It's quite eye opening.

Airports have always made me anxious and a bit ticked off prior to 9-11. I guess I should avoid them like the plague now since they'll be able to sniff out my aggrevation and label me a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
They're gonna what? Walk up to me an start talking? What if i don't talk back? What if I give em the finger? What if I tell em to go f*#k themselves?

Then what? Does that make me a terrorist? I don't want to talk to most people I see, what makes them think I want to talk to them?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

I love it! I feel the same way you do!
They're best to approach me in the bar before my flight. Maybe they should just start putting their agents as bartenders!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I'm sorry but is this how we are suppose to act now? If you are yelled at then take it. If you are talked to like a criminal then just take it. Do what you are told and do not talk back. Watch how you act because you might be targeted.

Am I getting on the red list for even posting my views in here?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

Then it's rubber glove time in your nether regions.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Castogere
They're gonna what? Walk up to me an start talking? What if i don't talk back? What if I give em the finger? What if I tell em to go f*#k themselves?

Then what? Does that make me a terrorist? I don't want to talk to most people I see, what makes them think I want to talk to them?

When an officer pulls you over, do you tell him to go # off? While they probably wouldn't think you were a terrorist, they'd definitely think you were an asshole. Honestly, how hard is it to be polite and congenial to people you meet?

You don't have to have a debate with them, just say hi, and tell them where you're going when they ask. Dont flatter yourself by thinking they care what you have to say. They are looking for micoexpressions or other nervous ticks or erratic behavior. Isn't this what everyone's been asking for? Less invasive methods of securing airports?

Besides, you know they do this anyways, right? If they notice someone acting suspiciously, or someone exhibits specific signs when approached, they will pull you aside for more screening. This will just make it so they are actually trained for this type of thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
reply to post by Afterthought

I'm sorry but is this how we are suppose to act now? If you are yelled at then take it. If you are talked to like a criminal then just take it. Do what you are told and do not talk back. Watch how you act because you might be targeted.

Am I getting on the red list for even posting my views in here?

That is not what anyone is saying at all. Where does the article say you should act a different way, or any different than you normally would? Actually, that's exactly what you SHOULD'T do. They are specifically looking for people who are putting on a front and acting differently than they normally would. The idea isn't that they care if you are easy going, or an uptight asshole, it's whether or not you have something to hide, or are lying when they talk to you.

top topics

join