It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann Declares Husband Off Limits In Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I agree with her. How does attacking someone`s spouse relate to a debate about their own politics.

Michele Bachmann isn't happy with the attention her husband, Marcus Bachmann, has been getting in the press lately over allegations his clinic practices gay conversion therapy. In fact, she thinks he should be kept out of the campaign entirely. "I am extremely proud of my husband, I have tremendous respect for for him," Bachmann said at a luncheon in DC on Thursday. "I am running for the presidency of the United States. My husband is not running for the presidency. Neither are my children, neither is our business, neither are our foster children."

Oh, except, didn`t she do the same thing to Michelle Obama

"Remember it was Michelle Obama who said she is only recently proud of her country and so these are very anti-American views," she said at the time. "That's not the way that most Americans feel about our country. Most Americans are wild about America and they are very concerned to have a president who doesn't share those value

ISnt that the same thing, Mrs. Bachman

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com... l&utm_term=HuffPost%20Hill%20Brief&utm_campaign=HuffPost%20Hill%20%287%2F28%2F11%29

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

edit on 28-7-2011 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
the fact that she is married to him...means that she probably shares many of the same racist and anti-gay sentiments that her husband has...that's my opinion

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Whenever a Republican is feverishly anti-gay ... they end up getting busted having gay sex in a toilet somewhere.

This should be good

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I agree with her. How does attacking someone`s spouse relate to a debate about their own politics.

Michele Bachmann isn't happy with the attention her husband, Marcus Bachmann, has been getting in the press lately over allegations his clinic practices gay conversion therapy. In fact, she thinks he should be kept out of the campaign entirely. "I am extremely proud of my husband, I have tremendous respect for for him," Bachmann said at a luncheon in DC on Thursday. "I am running for the presidency of the United States. My husband is not running for the presidency. Neither are my children, neither is our business, neither are our foster children."

Oh, except, didn`t she do the same thing to Michelle Obama

"Remember it was Michelle Obama who said she is only recently proud of her country and so these are very anti-American views," she said at the time. "That's not the way that most Americans feel about our country. Most Americans are wild about America and they are very concerned to have a president who doesn't share those value

ISnt that the same thing, Mrs. Bachman

No, its not the same thing.

If a spouse or adult child makes a political statement, (such as Ms. Obama said at a political rally) then it can be challenged.

Mr. Bachman has not said anything public, only privately to a patient, which was purposely recorded by hidden camera by those trying to damage his reputation.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

No, its not the same thing.

If a spouse or adult child makes a political statement, (such as Ms. Obama said at a political rally) then it can be challenged.

Mr. Bachman has not said anything public, only privately to a patient, which was purposely recorded by hidden camera by those trying to damage his reputation.

Ahh, but Bachman said nothing of WHERE the comments were made, she merely said it is unfair to comment on her spouse because ``he isn`t running for President. Michelle Obama isn;t running for President either, and yet she gleefully attacked her in the election.

Double standard. Too bad, too, cuz I actually like Mrs Bachman quite a bit.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
She has stated that she is subservient to him he calls the shots -- by extension he would be a shadow president. That would be very very scary.

It is not a problem though only a bunch of idiots would chose her to run.
edit on 28-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

If Mr. Bachmann makes public statements, then he is fair game. As far as I know, however, he hasn't.

Michele Obama does and did make public statements.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Bachmann Declares Husband Off Limits In Campaign

I say good luck with that.

When you put yourself up for public office, especially the presidency, you have to expect the press and your political opponents to dig into every aspect of your life.

She is the one who put him into the spotlight by announcing her candidacy. If she was naive enough to believe that what her husband does wouldn't be used against her, maybe she doesn't have enough political savvy to do the job.

Now, by announcing that he is off limits, it is only going to encourage her enemies to dig deeper and go after him harder because they know they have hit a nerve.

If she didn't know that then she must be dumber than the press wants us to think she is.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If Mr. Bachmann makes public statements, then he is fair game. As far as I know, however, he hasn't.

Michele Obama does and did make public statements.

But, AGAIN, Bachman didnt make that qualification. She merely said it is unfair to criticize her spouse because he isnt running for President. She said NOTHING about comments being public or private.

I agree that attacking spouses is petty. I`m just pointing out her hypocrisy, which you are trying to qualify.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

so in your mind, a politically active wife of the president saying something provocative to americans in a speech to a crowd is the same as a private patient/doctor conversation that was recorded with a hidden camera for character assassination?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Her closet case husband is totally relevant. He would be the first lady, after all.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Now, by announcing that he is off limits, it is only going to encourage her enemies to dig deeper and go after him harder because they know they have hit a nerve.

If she didn't know that then she must be dumber than the press wants us to think she is.

Or, she knows that the party loyal will ignore various hypocrisies, or offer qualifications to try and pretend ìt`s different`.

This is not a new template. Often when a social conservative has nothing of substance to add to the conversation, they like to manufacture stories about how the `liberal media`are out to get them.
edit on 28-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

You do know that the patient doctor privilege is a one way street -- you know that -- right?

edit on 28-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
She can make all the declarations she wants, aint gonna happen. They both, together form the ticket. He, according to Mrs Bachman, told her to become a tax lawyer, and so she did. If he tells her to bomb Iran, what, she'll do it?

Anyway, this is probably what set her off.
youtu.be...

With this kinds stuff out there, there's no way pundits and comedians are leaving this alone. Not to mention the gay lobby's interest in taking them both down. I can't wait to hear Dan Savage's definition for bachman.
edit on 28-7-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by windword because: spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

so in your mind, a politically active wife of the president saying something provocative to americans in a speech to a crowd is the same as a private patient/doctor conversation that was recorded with a hidden camera for character assassination?

It`s not about what is `in my mind`. I`m using Bachman`s own words. She offered none of the qualifications you are offering. She made a clear statement: spouses are off limits. She contradicted herself. How can you just ignore that

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

i never said it was illegal, just nefarious.

if someone steps into the arena that is politics, then have at 'em, but it is silly to attack someone who is barely involved with the intent to hurt your opponent's chances at winning. its below the belt.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

you see what you want to see.

I am running for the presidency of the United States. My husband is not running for the presidency.

she did not say all spouses, just that her husband isn't involved in her campaign, and so he shouldn't be a target.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Agreed. It was petty when she did it, and it`s petty when the liberal do it to her.

second

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

you see what you want to see.

I am running for the presidency of the United States. My husband is not running for the presidency.

she did not say all spouses, just that her husband isn't involved in her campaign, and so he shouldn't be a target.

Good point. She wasn`t looking for consistency. She wa merely saying `Hey, don`t do it to me, even though I do it too!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join