It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO WERE THOSE PEOPLE? did we encounter some occult members?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
ok, I looked at all of the forums but really culdnt figure out exactly where this would fit the best, and honestly I am still not sure
so I am going to post here and ask that ATS staff if you feal that this is not the correct place please move it to where you feal appropriate, thank you in advance.

Ok now with that out of the way I would like to share an experience that me and some friends had about 6 or 8 years ago. We were kind of shocked and puzzled at first but being as how we were young we really didnt dwell on it for long and havent spoke of it since. But as of late I have been getting into the paranormal and secrete societys here on ATS and the othe night i just kind of remembered it. have been dwelling on as of late so finally decided to post here and share and get oponions now Ill be the first to say it was nothig like oh i saw a spirit or anything like that and i am claiming nothing of the sorts it is just something that happend and i am jus curious who thos people were and wuld like oponions or for others to share if they have had experiences of the same sort.

Ok so flash back a few years to when I was about 17 or so.(I am 26 now) Every year the church that i attended along with other likeminded churches in the area wuld take the third week of july and host a jr youth camp for church kids ages 7 to 15 and wuld allow anyone over 15 if they wanted to go as staff. So me and my friends wuld go and help out, we were all around the ages of 16 to 19 i believe. Being as how our pastor was the head of the camp at the time we wuld go up the day before the camp started to help him get things situated and set up.

THE SETTING

The location is in the mountians above bakersfield california (fraizer park to be exact) It is a ways up and pretty secluded. The campground its self consists of about 18 or so buildings. about 12 cabins with bunk beds in them to sleep about 24 persons each, a main building which has 2 large dorm like rooms attatched to it with the same bunk beds but almost triple the sleeping capacity of a cabin, A snack shack, a kitchen, and an area to hold services. and a couple of miscelanious out buildings that we didnt use. As I said before other than the caretakers house there is nothing around for a couple of miles (or so we thought)

THE STORY

So as I stated before we were up there the day before the camp started helping set up, I wuld say at that point there was no more than 25 people there. So anyway we finished the majority of the set up and had to wait on another preacher to show up with some supplies before we could finish the set up so we were told by our pastor that we were free to do what ever until the other preacher showed up and needed help.

The camp had been going on in this place for many years and some of us had attended as campers, the group that was with us this particular day it was most of our second or third years coming as staff members and we realized hey we have been coming here all of this time but we have never been outside the general campground area, so we all decided to go exploreing. seein as how i was the only one of the group that had any experience with camping or reading a compass or anything like that i grabbed my compass and we headed out east from the campground.

Nothing really of intrest happend for the first quarter mile or so just ur typical trees rocks and dirt. however somewhere around about a quarter to half mile away from camp in which was a perty secluded spot we suddenly came out into this clearing about maybe 500 feet wide by 1000 feet long. immediatly as we entered this clearing we all felt something kind of strange. as of now I know that it was the fealling of some sort of energy related with the place however at the time we just took it as excitement of finding something so secluded (youngsters you know haha)

Anyway so what we saw was a dirt clearing with stone benches in two sections with a aisle in the middle each secfion had about 6 or so benches then up front was a little stage also made of stone with what looked like a stone alter in front of it. we walked up and noticed some kind of dark stains on the "alter" before we culd investigate further we heard a voice yell to us from the otherside of the clearing "hey what are you boys doing?" we had not noticed a road on the other side of the clearing and we knew for a fact there was not one, however when we looked to the sound of the voice we saw an older model(early 90s) minivan of somesort sitting on the edge of the clearing facing north. the voice was that of a man sitting in the middle seat with the sliding door opened, there were also 2 other men in the driver and passenger seats.

We responded that we were with the camp and just looking around (we thought we were still on camp property) the man replied that "this is private property and your kind are not welcomed here you need to leave now" at this point we began walking back into the trees, as soon as we hit the tree line one of my buddies asked me "Jrock which way is the camp?" I pointed it out and everyone of us broke into a run in that direction and did not stop until the camp was in site and we knew we were not being followed.

At this point we finally asked each other what that was all about? did we find a hidden occult gathering or sacrafice spot? are we over reacting? were we trippin or did those people not seem right? shuld we tell someone? so after we talked for a few we decided to tell people later on when we culd talk to our pastor. As it ended up just as we were getting backi to the camp the other preacher was pulling in so we decided to go help him and over time we forgot about the whole thing, nothing unusual happend that week or the year after however the board of directors for the camp suddenly decided the third year to switch the camp location to a place on the coast.

THE WRAP UP

Now this may sound to some as just a story that a bunch of kids blew out of proportion at the time. And it may verywell be all I know is what we felt at the time. As i said in the beginning this is not a hoax and I am not trying to create a great big ghost story all i am doing is sharing an experience and seeing if anyone has had anything similar. NEGATIVE COMMENTS WILL BE IGNORED!!! however i wuld like to share a couple of details that make this kind of strange, the biggest one being the van, as far as we knew there were no houses suppossed to be around for a ways. also as i stated in the story there was no road around that we knew of especially for a minivan to travel. Besides that we were not talking very much and we heard NOTHING until the man called out i mean no tires no engine sounds no sound of the door opening nothing it was just as if it appeared and there it was. Also of the people I was with I only still am in contact with one of them and i intend to ask him and get his thoughts and fealings about the memory next time we can talk and i will post it here. ok well I hope you enjoyed this post and hope to hear many replies thank you in advance
edit on 28/7/2011 by JROCK2527 because: minor change to add emphesis

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I seriously think you might have just stumbled across private property. Cool story though.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
All religions started off as a cult. Christianity was the most persecuted cult in roman times. Of course it was the larger catholic church who truly instigated the move, and pulled the strings. Where else does every one think the "roman Catholic" church came form.

Many of these wars and conflicts in the past, were religious wars, hidden and concealed from the uneducated masses.

History only repeats, if we let it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Great story...do you have coordinates we could Google earth the location...just curious.

S & F

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You ran into a pagan circle. The dark stain was probably from dark candles. You probably wandered onto someone's private property, or a spot in a public space they'd found that no one used.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The dark stain was probably from dark candles.
Candles? I'm sure they would have noticed wax...
Sounds like a sacrifice alter to me. I would have reported it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

I ran a search in the place it is called bethel in the hills camp and is in fraizer park ca i culd not find any coordinants but was able to get an address and such from yahoo maps ill post the link, hope it can help

local.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

But every dark stain doesnt necessarily mean it would be blood. And if you reported it and it was not blood they could have been the ones arrested for trespassing

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
you probly stumbled across what sounded like satain worshipers they probly have a road on level dirt that hidden by bushes you can move to the side or automated open not uncommon in heavly wooded areas goats cats dogs other varius animals that represent god that dont have to do with satain unless they are renoucing one for the other but ether way most likely just your avrage dangerus mind

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
not unless they went over a fence that clearly stated that would they be arrested also its a allegid blood stain wer talkin about not a cry of wolf

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerver

If they go into private property and see a stain that they believe is a blood stain, and they report it, if the stain was not of blood, they can be faced charges of trespassing. I dont think that is a risk that should be taken. If they have a belief that does not involve the camp, it should be left alone. If it interferes with the children though, and they saw it before they stepped foot on the private property then they could have reported it without any risks

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It was just trees and then... BAM! a clearing no fences no signs posted private property no tresspassing no nothin.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Interesting story, I can understand why you and your friends ran back to your camp. I probably would have done the same.
Why would anyone have an alter in the middle of nowhere? Sounds satanic to me, and who ever yelled out to you and your friends didn't sound too welcoming. Whether or not you were on private property, I would think he would have had a friendlier tone if he wasn't trying to hide something.

Did you say you didn't see the person saying "you're not welcome here?" How was the tone in his voice? Did it seem like he was angered?

Do you think any of your preachers could have been involved in any possible secret worships outside of your campgrounds? Maybe that's why they changed the location?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Interesting story, I can understand why you and your friends ran back to your camp. I probably would have done the same.
Why would anyone have an alter in the middle of nowhere? Sounds satanic to me, and who ever yelled out to you and your friends didn't sound too welcoming. Whether or not you were on private property, I would think he would have had a friendlier tone if he wasn't trying to hide something.

Did you say you didn't see the person saying "you're not welcome here?" How was the tone in his voice? Did it seem like he was angered?

Do you think any of your preachers could have been involved in any possible secret worships outside of your campgrounds? Maybe that's why they changed the location?

Thank you for the reply, in answer to your questions 1) we did see the person he was a middle aged average looking caucasion male sitting in the minivans middle seat leaning out the opened door those in the front looked normal too but culd not see them as well, what we did not see or hear the vechicle when it pulled up the tone of his voice and the look on his facxe was that of pure anger bordering on hatred, the fealing that i got from him was that he was hiding or protecting something, or maybe he sensed who we were and what we stood for. we are apostolic holy ghost filled so that may have set him off but as i think back it really seemed he culdnt wait to get us out of there

2) no i honestly believe the change of location was due to overcrowing at the camp because we grew every year, and i doubt any of the preachers culd have been involved in such a thing. agian thanks for replyin

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
could you find this private property again.

google earth for a start

it may still be there, and by your description likely to been well spotted from above

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
will sure give it a shot wehn i get to a cpu which has google earth downloaded as i am currently borrowing my brothers laptop and it dosent have google earth downloaded

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
"hurr must be satanic." No.

Considering the location (California), it was most likely a group of Thelemites or a related group and they were just giving you a hard time. The stain on the altar could have been any number of things, the least likely of which, is blood.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I had a bit of a look around on this map .... Bethel in the Hills

Are you sure of direction you travelled ?

Wouldn`t you be the best person to examine the map ?

------
This was due south of Frazier Park

The road name should help you locate it. Any chance that you didn`t travel as far as you thought you may have ?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Candles can leave dark stains after a while, even after the wax is removed.

And yes, I'm quite sure it is a pagan circle. I've been to enough of them, I have a pretty darn good idea what they look like.

Animal sacrificers don't tend to pretty things up. I wouldn't say it is completely unlikely - but as a practical matter it doesn't make much sense unless you intend on cleaning them up and washing the area down. Nor does the idea of animal sacrificers make sense in this context as a set place where he suggests they do leave blood around. Outside, in the bush, this would tend to make your site unusable for a while since it will attract predators.

edit on 2011/7/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

That is close, but i remember only 2 rows of benches and trees all around it we were a ways away from the main road i remember that as well did u find anything to the east of the campground because that is the way we headed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join