It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCanns' Maddie hopes are dashed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

www.thesun.co.uk...

McCanns' Maddie hopes are dashed 'Sighting' in India is lookalike Read more: www.thesun.co.uk

An elderly British woman and American man spotted a girl resembling Maddie with a couple in the remote Himalayan town of Leh on Friday.

The girl was said to be the spitting image of the youngster, who would now be eight.

In dramatic scenes, the British woman - named only as Carol - accused the parents of having Madeleine. Her American pal even grabbed the youngster to try to get her away from the parents.

Indian detectives arrived and confiscated passports belonging to the mother and father, a Belgian man and French woman. DNA tests are being carried out to establish the girl's ident
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk www.mirror.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
**BREAKING NEWS** Maddy McCann possibly found in India
edit on 28-7-2011 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I know this was brought up in the other thread but a few people would have missed it I reckon; sucks for the parents - of both children. Imagine if someone came and grabbed your cute little girl and told you that you'd abducted her and the police were on their way

Not a good day in anyone's books, if I was Maddie's parents I'd just about give up after this horrible ordeal.

McCanns' Maddie hopes are dashed 'Sighting' in India is lookalike Read more: www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thats horrible what has happend to those parents, not only did it ruin the family holiday, but that poor girl must of been terrified!
I don't rate the McCann parents, they discust me, yes it is terrible what has happend to them, but once it came out that they used thousands of pounds donated to them to help find maddie to pay off their morgage, well, that just shows what the people are realy like deep down.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Well if you were spending every minute of your life trying to find your child and want to return to a normal life wouldn't you think having the house she grew up in be a good thing? Yes it maybe wrong but they still haven't given up and if I believe if they didn't do that it would have been the final straw and ruined their lives from losing a child and have finances destroy things is not a good thing. The fact they still haven't given up says more it isn't like they spent the money and went on a holiday is it?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by vkturbo

lol

they just parade around the world doing interviews
and asking for more money.
they are not spending money in holydays, they are making money while travelling here and there with their circus act

but not even all the money in the world could buy a proper acting coach to teach kate how to not look guilty all the way

those psychopatic cold dead eyes..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The Sun and the Daily F/Mail - class acts.......

not!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

It may be a bit hasty and unfair to consider them poorly because some of their donated money went to their basic sustenance costs. I can't begin to imagine the loss of a child in such tragic circumstances, but I did go through a traumatic loss of a close family member recently and it wouldn't surprise me if they'd become so single mindedly focused on finding her....things like mortgage IS a related cost or a sacrifice made to the tunnel vision such emotional trauma is known to bring.....

Just my two cents, if it's worth that.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Obviously they didnt make enough money in being consultants, or from the book deals, or from the interview to pay the morgage so they needed to dip into the charity.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
IF I remember correctly,

the parents were in a foreign country and left the kid. I dont remember if they had a sitter but that doesnt really make a rats ass.

YOU DONT LEAVE YOUR KIDS THAT SMALL WITH STRANGERS!

Am I over protective? Maybe.

I was at a feed store and some idiot from out of state left his kids outside in their vehicle. the oldest couldnt have been over 7!

I was ready to go home after a day at work but I stayed by that car till the idiot returned. I had called the cops on his ass. He approached looking at me weird and I CRAWLED HIS BUTT! Unfortunately, the idiot local cops took too long to get there and he left.

first rule of parenting: PROTECT YOUR BABIES!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I hope these idiots get charged with assault. You dont go around grapping every girl that looks like someone missing in the hopes of getting your headshot in the newspapers and hefty award.
There is a proper way to do things and this was the pretty much the worst way.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
IF I remember correctly,

You don't.

the parents were in a foreign country and left the kid. I dont remember if they had a sitter but that doesnt really make a rats ass.

Of course it makes a difference - they didn't leave her with ANYBODY!

Yep - they left a 4 year old alone in an apartment.

You probably would with licenced nannying services or somethign similar -i'm a parent - I certainly would - and did.

Yep - by hte sound of it you are not a parent.

I was at a feed store and some idiot from out of state left his kids outside in their vehicle. the oldest couldnt have been over 7!

I was ready to go home after a day at work but I stayed by that car till the idiot returned. I had called the cops on his ass. He approached looking at me weird and I CRAWLED HIS BUTT! Unfortunately, the idiot local cops took too long to get there and he left.
[

and good for you - that's not leaving them with strangers - that's leaving them alone!

1st rule of parenting is look after yourselves - because you can't look after your children if you don't look after yourself!

And that means getting a break every now and then, which means a nanny or baby-sitter.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Im pritty sure they did leave her alone while they went out for a meal.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
They're not going to give up because that'll make them look guilty. I've been saying since the beginning that they know exactly what happened and are essentially covering it up. The way they've been playing the victim role seems a bit off to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
maybe the Mccanns planned the abduction well before their holiday, rumor has it that Maddie wast for her husband and there was gona be a blood test and rather than get caught out for having an affair she kiled her daughter

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

how do you know they really have " hopes " of finding her ?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

I think they police would of noticed that when they see one less person on the plane records.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
they left the 2 kids in the villa and went to a nearby bar with friends for something to eat. The bar was around 50 yards away from the villa supposedly they were checking on them "every 30 minutes". A window in the villa was left open becuase it was hot.

dont know if its fair comparison but my parents would leave me & my sister (ages 4&6) in the hotel room in spain while they were down at the bar. The hotel would send a staff member round to listen at the doors of the rooms and if there was noise or crying they would shout out the room number at the bar. Maybe slightly diffirent scenario.

Its an awfull thing to happen to the McCanns just awfull. You would beat yourself up everyday over it. The fact is some sick individual abducted Maddie they're the real evil ones in this.

edit on 29-7-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

The McCann's children were all conceived via IVF. If paternity is questionable, then the clinic/s involved would have some degree of culpability.

However one may opt to judge the McCanns, they guilt they must feel at having left their children unattended probably eats away at them. Kate McCann's pain is plain to see, her grief is genuine. I find Gerry harder to discern, he comes across as cold and detached but I think that could just be his coping strategy. They have to remain strong, maintain some form of normality for the sake of their twins.

No parent is perfect, we all make mistakes.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by felonius
IF I remember correctly,

You don't.

Of course it makes a difference - they didn't leave her with ANYBODY!

Yep - they left a 4 year old alone in an apartment.

You probably would with licenced nannying services or somethign similar -i'm a parent - I certainly would - and did.

Yep - by hte sound of it you are not a parent.

[

and good for you - that's not leaving them with strangers - that's leaving them alone!

1st rule of parenting is look after yourselves - because you can't look after your children if you don't look after yourself!

And that means getting a break every now and then, which means a nanny or baby-sitter.

aaaah where to begin.

1st. The point I was making about "it not making a difference" is that they didnt take care of the kid and the kid is gone. At that point, its all moot.

2nd. Yeah. I AM a parent and happily married to the same woman I started with.

3rd. To a point I can agree with you about taking care of yourself. When push comes to shove though, ANY parent worth a damn will drag their bare but across broken glass and coals to protect their offspring. I've read stories of families that have lost EVERYTHING...they have their family and they protect it at all cost.

4th.
When you decide to have kids, the "me / I" has to take a back seat. In about 18 years you can go back to it. Til then, sorry bout ya. If ya cant do the job dont have a kid. As they get older, you get a bit more freedom. Why they didnt leave the kid with a family member or friend is beyond me. You wanna leave your kid with a "licensed" nanny? Knock your socks off friend. If I dont know you, you dont have access to my treasure. Period.

Who paid the price? The little girl.

no sympathy for the idiot parents. I really hope they have no more children. They arent smart enough to take care of them obviously.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

If you saw the latest interview you will know the apartment was viewable from where they were sitting and checking on her every 10-15 minutes problem was she was almost taken the night before when the parents were in the hotel room. The parents say that maddy said something about a strange person trying to get in the night before but they didn't pay that much attention until they had found her gone. Where the person came in from the night before wasn't noticed or thought much of at the time as most things hind sight is a wonderful thing.

I believed they were lieing before but after seeing that interview would have to say they are telling the truth they have friends to colaboret their story doubt 2 couples would have the same interest of killing a child.

new topics

top topics

join