It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Speak To The Dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Sorry for your loss. Hope you can find some resolution with that. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Whats the point of your post are you trying to contact a family member or a friend? or just feeding your own curiosity?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Well, I covered that in the OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Ok to answer some of your questions...

Ive tried to explain it to people before but its very hard because its a sensory thing and its on so many different levels,
Contact varys from medium to medium...
Im clairaudient so i mostly hear them, and i will rarely physically see them but happens sometimes depending on how strong their energy is.
I sense there close by the hair standing on end and also a sensation like cobwebs brushing against my face.
I will see them mostly in my minds eye.
When i see them they can present what ever way they want to, different age etc depending on there own tastes and not nessacerily at the age they died at.
I can always tell if they are male or female before i see or hear them, dont ask me why i dont know how i do it.
Sometimes they wont present in human form, but as a mist, light or shadow, sometimes not at all, i will just hear them.
Voices have a strange metallic sound but pretty much normal. I dont have to be in a trance but if i clear my mind and breath properly it helps.
They speak in the accent they had in life and if they cudnt speak english in life, I cant understand them.
I have a spirit guide who helps me out sometimes.He speaks normaly and clearly.He will do his best to answer questions i pose to him and has a great sense of humour. He wont tell me his name, he says its not important.
All the while this is goin on i get images flashing in my mind, some of these are actual events, like still pictures, sometimes they are cryptic.
Smells are prevalent most of the time, perfume, ciggarette smoke if they were heavy smokers. alcohol if they were heavy drinkers in life, B.O even sometimes.
Theres a lot of things goin on at once and you have to piece it together like a jigsaw puzzle and it can be very intense.
Emotion plays a big part , spirits can impress on me how there feeling, so i will feel anger,fear, frustration or what ever.
They can impress on me how they died as well, If it was a heart attack i get chest pains.If they died of TB i will get a taste of blood im my mouth. Worst is if they drowned i cant discribe it but its awfull.
Then theres residual energy. Places will hold residual information on emotionaly charged events that have taken place there. For instance down the road from where i live a girl died in a car accident,every time i pass i get a still image of the crash, flashes in my mind and a pain in my left shoulder.
Theres an old castle close to where i live, and i cant go there because the horrors of what went on there in the past is too overpowering. I would just come away in tears.
Spirits are just like people, you get good ones and bad ones. Most are decent and just want to tell you their story. some want to get the hell out of where they are, some dont, some are already passed over and are just back there visiting.Some dont want you in there space or near an area where they are and will lose the plot and shout obscenitys at you until you leave.
Ive come in contact with a few that dont know there dead, but this is rare.
Ive never seen or come into contact with a demon and i dont realy believe in them as such.
i dont read peoples fortunes, I dont know how to.
my spirit guide opens portals for people who are trapped or grounded, If hes not around i can do it myself in the form of a prayer. which im not allowed to share with people.
I cant remember not having this ability, earliest memory was talking to an old man in the garden when i was about 5 or 6 and noticing my mother couldnt see him.Dont have a clue who he was never seen him since.

Most people i meet at societys and stuff who claim to be mediums are frauds and cold readers, I can tell within minutes if they are legit or not.
Most true mediums i know are gay, My sister is a medium and my aunt was as well and they are both lesbians.
Im not gay and have no idea why most mediums are.
Thats all i can think of, hope this helps.
edit on 28-7-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
reply to post by Balkan

Most people i meet at societys and stuff who claim to be mediums are frauds and cold readers, I can tell within minutes if they are legit or not.
Most true mediums i know are gay, My sister is a medium and my aunt was as well and they are both lesbians.
Im not gay and have no idea why most mediums are.

That's been my experience as well. Frauds and cold readers, and the misguided who believe their cold reading is the real deal. I also have noticed the majority of mediums I've met have been gay (women and men). Offtopic, but interesting nevertheless.

I really thank you for your reply. That was what I was looking for, particularly how they 'speak' to you. Hopefully others will give their experiences as well. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I sense there close by the hair standing on end and also a sensation like cobwebs brushing against my face.

I appreciate your post for the quoted points. My friend, Rhonda (who I was close to for decades as an adult after growing up with her as a kid) died violently 2 1/2 years ago, and after we were finally able to bury her (complicated situation) I began getting the exact sensations that you mention here, and when they occurred, she popped immediately into my mind. The cobweb touches were prolonged, determinative, varied from hand to hand and up each arm and across my neck, depending on the specific incident. Most episodes were about 5 minutes long or so, but one lasted over 10 minutes and seemed to directly respond to my encouragement and to my saying her name.

At first I thought I was having nerve issues, or maybe even mini-strokes, but after a month or so of this happening several times a week I discovered one reference to this phenomenon on a website about the paranormal. It was then that I began addressing "it" and was able to encourage other small bits of manifestation from (I honestly believe) her. This is only the 3rd reference to the cobwebs that I've ever run across, so I did want to make a note of the fact that I've also experienced it in relation to what I believe to be ADC (After Death Communication).

She and I used to read tarot for each other all the time (30+ years worth of being tarot buddies) and she seems to have begun affecting readings now and then - using her Numerological Destiny and Life Path numbers (the corresponding tarot cards, of course) within precise spread positions, to make her presence known. Nothing specific, as far as information. More like junking up the reading by having her identity cards show up as the only cards that don't make sense in the spread. Kind of like tripping someone to let them know you're there.

I know that all of this could be my own imagination, but then the stapler sliding across my desk and the lights turning on by themselves have caused me to suspect that I do have a roommate, or at least a visitor. I prefer to believe that it's her, since she died in a manner that most folks believe strands a person. I like to think that she's chilling out here and getting her sh*t together before moving on. If so, she's certainly welcome to hang out.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yea, I spend a lot of time with them in dreams too.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I appreciate your post for the quoted points. My friend, Rhonda (who I was close to for decades as an adult after growing up with her as a kid) died violently 2 1/2 years ago, and after we were finally able to bury her (complicated situation) I began getting the exact sensations that you mention here, and when they occurred, she popped immediately into my mind. The cobweb touches were prolonged, determinative, varied from hand to hand and up each arm and across my neck, depending on the specific incident. Most episodes were about 5 minutes long or so, but one lasted over 10 minutes and seemed to directly respond to my encouragement and to my saying her name.

At first I thought I was having nerve issues, or maybe even mini-strokes, but after a month or so of this happening several times a week I discovered one reference to this phenomenon on a website about the paranormal. It was then that I began addressing "it" and was able to encourage other small bits of manifestation from (I honestly believe) her. This is only the 3rd reference to the cobwebs that I've ever run across, so I did want to make a note of the fact that I've also experienced it in relation to what I believe to be ADC (After Death Communication).

She and I used to read tarot for each other all the time (30+ years worth of being tarot buddies) and she seems to have begun affecting readings now and then - using her Numerological Destiny and Life Path numbers (the corresponding tarot cards, of course) within precise spread positions, to make her presence known. Nothing specific, as far as information. More like junking up the reading by having her identity cards show up as the only cards that don't make sense in the spread. Kind of like tripping someone to let them know you're there.

I know that all of this could be my own imagination, but then the stapler sliding across my desk and the lights turning on by themselves have caused me to suspect that I do have a roommate, or at least a visitor. I prefer to believe that it's her, since she died in a manner that most folks believe strands a person. I like to think that she's chilling out here and getting her sh*t together before moving on. If so, she's certainly welcome to hang out.

If she is going to that much bother to get your attention, there must be a good reason for it, at a guess i suspect she hasnt passed over,Lights going on and off is common, i come across it a lot.If she met a violent end she probably hasnt.When you die a portal will open for you to pass into the light, but if your mind is occupied by rage or anger or other emotions sometimes they wont cross. after a while the portal closes and you become trapped. Sometimes a family member or loved one will open a portal and come and get you, but sometimes not.
You need to find a good medium and bring them to the place where she died to open a portal for her.

And there is no such thing as hell btw for anyone thats interested, all who die go to the light, no matter what they done in life. even the most evil people in the world pass to the light after death.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
No, but I can feel their presence linger around me at times. Their energy, spirit-form whatever it is sometimes shines through from the spirit realm to our physical world.
edit on 29/7/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Speaking to the dead is impossible. That which is truly dead, is dead.

So, I assume you mean those who have merely passed from the physical world...

I guess my response would be a qualified 'yes' because... while we can, I am not convinced that we should. The reason why we perhaps should not, is certainly worth the discussion, but probably best suited for a dedicated thread of its own.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Agreed. I'm not convinced we should either. But as you said, it is OT. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Where are all the mediums?? Usually there is no end to people on ATS who claim to be able to talk to the dead. There's nothing to prove here, folks. Just asking for info on your personal experiences.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by Balkan

Speaking to the dead is impossible. That which is truly dead, is dead.

So, I assume you mean those who have merely passed from the physical world...

I guess my response would be a qualified 'yes' because... while we can, I am not convinced that we should. The reason why we perhaps should not, is certainly worth the discussion, but probably best suited for a dedicated thread of its own.

The job of mediums is to help spirits who are trapped in limbo between this world and the spirit realm. As i understand it all souls are constantly being reicarnated and moving back and forth from one realm to the next,mediums are sort of civil service that help people with these transitions when they are having problems.It seems that its isnt that way by chance there is some higher power than wants it that way.Otherwise trapped souls would be lost forever.I was told once by a spirit guide that this earth realm is not real its just a place we go to gain knowledge and our true place is in the spirit realm , the spirit realm is more real than this realm. In otherwords we only truly come alive when we die.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I was told once by a spirit guide that this earth realm is not real its just a place we go to gain knowledge and our true place is in the spirit realm , the spirit realm is more real than this realm. In otherwords we only truly come alive when we die.

How can you be sure it didn't lie to you? In my experience with mediums, they usually always gloss over the stuff that doesn't 'fit' (usually about 1/2 the reading, in my experience). The usual disclaimer for being wrong is the ole "we may not understand what it meant yet", but it hardly ever seems to pan out and is usually forgotten.

Can you answer this honestly? Has your spirit guide(s) ever lied to you or given you false information? Not information you didn't understand at the time.... but completely false / wrong information?
edit on 29-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

I was told once by a spirit guide that this earth realm is not real its just a place we go to gain knowledge and our true place is in the spirit realm , the spirit realm is more real than this realm. In otherwords we only truly come alive when we die.

How can you be sure it didn't lie to you? In my experience with mediums, they usually always gloss over the stuff that doesn't 'fit' (usually about 1/2 the reading, in my experience). The usual disclaimer for being wrong is the ole "we may not understand what it meant yet", but it hardly ever seems to pan out and is usually forgotten.

Can you answer this honestly? Has your spirit guide(s) ever lied to you or given you false information? Not information you didn't understand at the time.... but completely false / wrong information?
edit on 29-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

Ive never been told a lie about anything its always been spot on.From talking to other mediums who have delved deeper than i have , beings in the spirit realm cannot lie because theres a sort of group consciousnes there and everyone knows what everyone else is thinking.So there are no lies or deceptions.Which is precisly why we come here so we can truly test ourselves.
Its also based around free will, we are not sent here but come of our own choice.as far as i know each person chooses the family they are born into and certain aspects of of our lives are pre chosen,For instance if you were born with a disability , its because you want to experience that disability and the effect it has on your consciousness.
Also as i understand it mediums cant do readings into peoples futures with any accuracy.Some mystics can, but they can only tell you your future if you stay on the path that you are on at that moment in time.You can have a reading done that will tell you this , this and this will happen to you in the future, But the next day you could make a decision that will completly change that path and your future will change with it.Your future is not set in stone its constantly changing with each decision you make.In a sense you are in control of your own destiny.
edit on 29-7-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I had a friend die last year. I had dreams about him reaching out to me with a black bloated hand, about him turning away from me and not wanting me to see him and him pacing, pacing, pacing frantically. All of this for one week before I knew he was dead. He tried so hard to tell me he was gone, yet stopping me short of discovering his body. He has visited me in spirit, not something you see, but more something inside my mind(his voice, his presence). It raises the hairs on my arms and neck, it's not scary, it's comforting. It's fun. He always makes me laugh, shares in awkward moments, and calms me in times of troubles.
Am I evil? Is he evil? Hardly.
His death has completely erased my fear of death and dying. There is more beyond this life, we are but a soul living in a human suit. If you are open to the message it will appear.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Littletruthseeker
I had a friend die last year. I had dreams about him reaching out to me with a black bloated hand, about him turning away from me and not wanting me to see him and him pacing, pacing, pacing frantically. All of this for one week before I knew he was dead. He tried so hard to tell me he was gone, yet stopping me short of discovering his body. He has visited me in spirit, not something you see, but more something inside my mind(his voice, his presence). It raises the hairs on my arms and neck, it's not scary, it's comforting. It's fun. He always makes me laugh, shares in awkward moments, and calms me in times of troubles.
Am I evil? Is he evil? Hardly.
His death has completely erased my fear of death and dying. There is more beyond this life, we are but a soul living in a human suit. If you are open to the message it will appear.

Evil is a human concept and has no real meaning.Even what we would call the most evil people like Hitler or Stalin or some of the most infamous serial killers were not evil, they were victims of circumstance.they had certain experiences in life, most of which would have been beyond there control that moulded them into what they were.They will die and go to the light like everyone else.They will view there life look at where things went wrong, learn from it and move on.They could be reincarnated again and under different circumstances be the nicest people you could meet in their next incarnation.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

If she is going to that much bother to get your attention, there must be a good reason for it, at a guess i suspect she hasnt passed over,Lights going on and off is common, i come across it a lot.If she met a violent end she probably hasnt.When you die a portal will open for you to pass into the light, but if your mind is occupied by rage or anger or other emotions sometimes they wont cross. after a while the portal closes and you become trapped. Sometimes a family member or loved one will open a portal and come and get you, but sometimes not.
You need to find a good medium and bring them to the place where she died to open a portal for her.

And there is no such thing as hell btw for anyone thats interested, all who die go to the light, no matter what they done in life. even the most evil people in the world pass to the light after death.

I understand this, and have been concerned about it. I read that talking aloud to her is one way to help her settle out and to know where to look for the paths out of this level of intellectual perception. That said, there is still a lot of disagreement over exactly what constitutes reality for the person who's become freed of the corporeal restraints. Most of it suggests that individual perception reigns supreme, and that the newly dead can become trapped via a very virulent form of cognitive dissonance. I really worry for her over this being the case, and I hope that she at least has some level of comfortable familiarity while sorting out all of this.

She was murdered by someone she loved very much (schizophrenia-related psychotic rage episode) and I'm sure there's a lot holding her here. Especially her concern for her mentally ill son. It's hard to realize that there are some things that you just can't fix, and some hells that you just can't free those you love from. I hope she's stopping by for love and reassurance. I can give her that much at least. When I pass, if she's still stranded, I'll make sure she gets over and starts her real life finally. That's my 1st task on the post-corporeal agenda.

I'm leery of mediums, and am not comfortable with pointing such a person at her for any reason. I love this woman. I couldn't survive being party to harming her either due to a mistake or the misguided beliefs of anyone with a capacity to make things worse for her. The jury is still out on too much concerning the true nature of the afterlife. I wouldn't take the risk in this specific situation.
edit on 7/30/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When I was a small child, I sometimes spontaneously gave people messages. I didn't hear or see anything, but I knew things I shouldn't. A couple of times, I've had very vivid dreams, one terrifying and the other pleasant, which had messages for others. I worked hard at building a kind of imaginary shield around myself to stop these incidents, as you can imagine the reactions of strangers and family were not exactly good, and I was very young.It has acted as a filter and a barrier to communications I do not want to experience. I do not know if these events were spirit communications, the movings of the Holy Spirit or even some evil influence, or all of these things at different times. I had a very strong sense that continuing down that road would be very dangerous, and that trying to profit in any way would be wrong. I can't control what information I get or do it on command, it either comes or doesn't. I was born with a caul- an extra transparent layer of skin over my face that is immediately removed- which in Irish and other folklore is linked to the second sight, but I cannot characterize this as a gift. I bet a lot of people experience something like this, but don't recognize it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
And therein lies a problem for me.. I'm not convinced we are talking to our dead in these situations. In my case, I will say I felt no malice or disturbance. It was a sense of loss and confusment/sadness, not too mention the strangeness of the dream itself, which is why it's hard for me to write it off as coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join