It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Speak To The Dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My post is mainly directed towards mediums themselves and those that can 'speak' to the dead, but anyone can join in. Please keep it clean and respectful (funny is ok, too) though.

I have a history with mediums and I admit, I'm skeptical. However, the door isn't closed completely and I still have an open mind towards spiritualism, although I have no interest in adopting it for myself. Just a lifelong curiousity.

What I want to know is how you speak with them? Describe it the best that you're able. For example, do you always have to enter a trance-like state, or can you pretty much speak with them at will? Are their answers E.V.P.-like (zombie-ish) for you (something I've wondered for awhile), or do they answer intelligently and rationally? Do you see them or do you just hear them? Etc.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yes but they have yet to answer.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
if the dead could speak to you .. do you not think all your lost loved ones would try ?

Its not the dead that contact us.. its something wicked that makes us think its the dead to give us false hope for life after death ....

what are these wicked beings you ask ? i dunno but there gatekeepers are the shadow people

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
if the dead could speak to you .. do you not think all your lost loved ones would try ?

Its not the dead that contact us.. its something wicked that makes us think its the dead to give us false hope for life after death ....

what are these wicked beings you ask ? i dunno but there gatekeepers are the shadow people

Many people would argue they do try. Case in point. I had a dream about my brother one night where he came to me in a record store and was acting very shy and avoiding conversation. This isn't like my brother as he is a gabby crazy Gemini (if you believe that). Anyway, he gave me the impression he wanted me to hang out with him. My brother and I have always had a tenacious relationship at best, but I resigned myself, and after awhile I turned back to him and he was gone, which quite annoyed me.

I woke up, went about my day, and about 3 hours later we got a call that my brother had died earlier that day (before or after my dream, I don't know) from a massive heart attack and was DOA.

The next night I had another dream where his mannerism was the same, and he wished for me to help him fix his 'bike'. You can draw your own interpretation of that.

Having said that, my brother wasn't himself, as I said, so perhaps it was one of those wicked beings you suggested.

Btw, I love your Avatar.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Balkan because: added info

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No. *whispers* I see dead people. They are everywhere. I see them all the time. But they don't know they are dead.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes, and its like a thought in your head mixed in with a feeling but stronger, that is until they come out in full form. That about sums it up nice i think.

G'night.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackDove
Yes, and its like a thought in your head mixed in with a feeling but stronger, that is until they come out in full form. That about sums it up nice i think.

G'night.

It's cold. Really cold.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I tend to side with your take on it .

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Since my mother died, I've had about five dreams where she visited me. Or at least it looked like her, and I thought it was her. In the most recent one, I thought it was a demon or something pretending to be her, so I said a prayer in my dream, and she looked at me like I was crazy. So maybe it is really her. When I dream of her though, there's no speaking. The communication is all telepathic. And it's more like I just know what it is she wants me to know. There's no language.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Many people would argue they do try. Case in point. I had a dream about my brother one night where he came to me in a record store and was acting very shy and avoiding conversation. This isn't like my brother as he is a gabby crazy Gemini (if you believe that). Anyway, he gave me the impression he wanted me to hang out with him. My brother and I have always had a tenacious relationship at best, but I resigned myself, and after awhile I turned back to him and he was gone, which quite annoyed me.

I woke up, went about my day, and about 3 hours later we got a call that my brother had died earlier from a massive heart attack and was DOA.

The next night I had another dream where his mannerism was the same, and he wished for me to help him fix his 'bike'. You can draw your own interpretation of that.

Having said that, my brother wasn't himself, as I said, so perhaps it was one of those wicked beings you suggested.

Btw, I love your Avatar.

im trying to reply to the person who said that we may not be sure if they do ... yet the quote system seems fubar.

i tried 3 times.

what gives?

(edit)

IT APPEARS IN THE REPLY BUT NOT IN MY QUOTE AS EDITABLE REPLY.

blah, i give up.
edit on 28-7-2011 by klenker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drunkennoodle

That is exactly how it was for me in my dream. No words spoken outloud, at least.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
They communicate with me but not with words; that would be impossible since they don't have vocal chords.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

But what do they communicate? How do you perceive it as being communicated to you? Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think the dead may be able to speak to us in rare cases.

When my sister was a kid she was extremely close to my mothers uncle. One morning we went out and were eating cereal for breakfast when she told us that he visited her and told her goodbye last night. My parents of course assumed she was dreaming.

A few hours later we got a phone call that he died that night.

Sorry can't help with actually speaking to dead people but that was a freaky example that makes me think our loved ones can still connect with us and communicate after they pass. I think children are more receptive and able to receive messages easier. To me it also helped to show that death isn't necessarily the end, just my opinion anyways.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I've come across other accounts too that have said the same thing re: telepathic communication. It's really hard to explain how it happens... you just know what they're trying to communicate. Having read a lot of similar accounts, I do think we are experiencing something. Right after it happens, I'm sure it's her. But the more time that passes in-between experiences, the more skeptical I get. That's the human side of me I guess.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drunkennoodle

I can relate. What keeps me intrigued in my case is the fact I rarely remember my dreams, and I don't ever remember having a dream about him before. When I awoke it was definately with some heavy, mixed feelings. Was he communicating with me? I may never know.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Its a gift im afraid and you either have it or you dont. If you have it you will know, believe me. but they will communicate with you if they have reason to, mainly through dreams but these can be hard to interpret. For a medium spirits will show themselves in different ways and contact is always done on their terms. there is always a psychic link between a spirit and their resting place.If you go to their grave and say there name out loud 3 times it will invoke them. If you speak to them then they will hear you.
edit on 28-7-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would agree with a comment way above suggesting things demonic may answer if you summon the dead.

But things like that are easy to avoid or you might get some shadow ppl with tourettes clinging to you and stuff.

Hey, paramedics speak to the half dead, maybe thats a good place to start.

edit on 28-7-2011 by gypsychology909 because: filled out

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I feel what they feel which is often better than words and I see them as well.

My grand father passed away last week, we lived in the same house, so as you can imagine; it's been a very wild week. He was pretty mad and very agitated but I never found out why yet but I have the feeling that I'm going to find out really soon. As usual I did feel something but it's yet to be confirmed but I'm very rarely wrong since I've been like this since I was born.

I do have to help him move on now; ironically, he is trying to help me get things settled.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I can totally relate to the mixed feelings. I never once woke up feeling great that I had a visit. It actually kind of leaves me feeling lousy the entire next day. It's an emotional drain on me. I can say that the "visits" didn't feel like ordinary dreams, which I rarely remember and are usually nonsensical. We'll only know if it's real when it's our turn I guess. I do find some comfort though in hearing how so many experiences are similar.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join