It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reports strange comment by Nancy Pelosi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I must apologize that I do not have a link to today's Fox News broadcast on TV, but they reported that Nancy Pelosi made the following comment, "We are trying to keep this PLANET's way of life." (Sorry, not exact quote but statement was very close to that.)

Sounds like she almost let something slip. Why would she be concerned about the whole planet when they are debating the US's political and financial situation?

Did anyone else think this was strange?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

Becuase America is the worlds top consumer.. When that stops everyone pays.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainEnigma
I must apologize that I do not have a link to today's Fox News broadcast on TV, but they reported that Nancy Pelosi made the following comment, "We are trying to keep this PLANET's way of life." (Sorry, not exact quote but statement was very close to that.)

Sounds like she almost let something slip. Why would she be concerned about the whole planet when they are debating the US's political and financial situation?

Did anyone else think this was strange?

Global Economy

"It is irresponsible to not consider the global economy."- Typical excuse for globalist action

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The first thing I think about is the current financial situation occurring right now within the USA and how it can really hurt the economy on a global scale.
Not going to post on how this would be.... it really should be common knowledge by now, but that's my insight to the statement made.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

simply because if the American economy collapses, most of the worlds economies will also follow suit. Even China has some worrying to do over our economic success or failure, since they hold most of our debt. We default and they get hurt too, it would be a domino effect. Just as Greece destabilized the euro. and put several other European economies into dangerous territory.

it would be tenfold the damage for the US to do the same.
In essence the American economy is the worlds economy.
Not defending Pelosi, i really don't like her but the statement is a non-issue and only relevant to red trolls.
edit on 28-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: to add

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thanks all for the responses. I guess I was on a different track. Due to the budget being so off kilter and our government spending so much on military and yet some of the military issues seem to be smoke screens for other things and then the reporter stated they were having "CLOSED DOOR" meetings and asked one senator how she felt about that, I was thinking maybe Pelosi may have let a comment slip that indicates she knows more about space/bunker/EQ/Volcano/war/NWO/PHA's/Floods, etc., than anyone in Congress is discussing. Is it possible that they are allowing us to come dangerously close to defaulting because they are covering spending that is used for such topics they are NOT disclosing to the public, but to cut spending may require them to disclose, which could cause panic, so they have closed door meetings to discuss what should happen to keep info from public but also to get budget under control without thwarting their funding for whatever black op projects they aren't disclosing to the public?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i tell ya if pelosi and the left put as much energy in to saving their own behinds as they do that save the planet garbage this country would be a paradise and have wealth beyond the wealth of agragoria.

you cant save the world its an impossible task but you can save yourself.

blah

edit on 28-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Or she could have meant this planet, as opposed to her home planet.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Here is a link. Leader Pelosi is trying to “save world from Republican budget”

Well the answer is a "no brainer"

Obama and the Dems should have set the budget while they were in control instead of waiting so they could blame the Reps..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Dear backinblack,

Personally, I think it is more important in government that the groups work out an agreement through compromise. I am not a believer in one party getting their way completely, not Democrats and not Republicans and I am neither, I have absolutely no party affiliation. Be well.

new topics

top topics

join