It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Base Located by NASA? Or Just a Volcano

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zorgon

Geologic activity (selenologic?) tends to repeat itself in certain locations. TLPs not so much.

There are rolling rocks on The Moon so there is Geological activity there. It's as simple as that.

The Moon is thought to be the same age as Earth, so is unlikely to be lacking in radioactivity. A half life is a half life. Do you really consider it to be geologically dead?

What else could the TLPs be if they aren't caused by activity of some kind? Scotch mist?
edit on 3/8/11 by Pimander because:

edit on 3/8/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Maybe the Thorium is an electrically deposited isotope.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousgod

The theory that many surface features on Mars and the Moon were caused by electrical activity is a fascinating one. A summary of the theory would make a great first thread (heavy hint).

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I need to make use of your expertise whilst contributing a strange image...

...does this kinda look like the number '13'?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
those are some pretty interesting picture that you posted, i can't really say for sure but i have heard a lot of rumors about a "base on the moon" whether its from NASA its self or whether its from Aliens no one would really know for sure.

Or if there is enough evidence to back up the claim that there is it would probably be NASA with all of the space flights

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

If you are talking about that feature in the middle of the photo, it looks a little like a "13", or a "B", or a sideways "m".

But it looks more like a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

If you are talking about that feature in the middle of the photo, it looks a little like a "13", or a "B", or a sideways "m".

Thanks Armap.

I wanted to get people's opinion on that and you gave me your opinion.

edit: I gave you a star.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That drawing is a picture of the solar corona, or did you not notice it saying that on the pad?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thorium by itself doesn't seem all that significant to me. Now, if it was associated with unusual concentrations of Neptunium 237 and Plutonium 238, that might indicate the presence of some kind of active artificial power generation. As it is, it sounds more natural than anything. Chunks of radioactive materials are occasionally found here and there as a result of natural processes. Meteorite hits, sometimes. Heavy materials can also cluster together as a result of gravity (veins of gold, etc.).

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
could the thorium be a by- product or waste product of nuclear energy powering a moon base? it seems that it might be easier to convert a dead volcano for venting than actual construction of new structures or cooling towers all the way up there.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In either case John Lear was RIGHT...

In 1998 the Lunar Prospector found a "HOT SPOT" of Thorium, a nuclear fuel, on the surface of the moon.

Lunar Prospector spacecraft orbited the moon in 1998, it found something curious: a bright bull's-eye of radioactive thorium on the far side of the moon between the craters Compton and Belkovich — a formation that seemed suspiciously volcanic.

www.time.com...

Now this was actually the first I heard of this 'bright bull's-eye of radioactive thorium on the far side of the moon "

Emissions from a base? crashed saucer? Seems very odd indeed to be seeing radioactive hot spots. Especially in a region where John and I have long suspected is a base. [snip]

In my opinion you are making a wild assumption.

First, why do you say that John Lear was right? Right about what and in order to be right, what evidence did he supply and who corroborated his evidence if any was presented?

Second, what gave you and John reason to suspect the impossible for which no one has ever presented any evidence of: a "base"?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by zorgon
In either case John Lear was RIGHT...
In what? He said so many things.

And made many claims none of which he was able to support with evidence.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think it is quite a great possibility that the government, along with help from NASA, has been hiding technology from us that is so advance, it gives them the capabilities to survive for very long periods of time on the moon. So with that being said I do believe that they may have a base located on the moon. LUNAR BLACK OPS. Perhaps to create a secret alliance with alien life forces in order to learn from each others' species and also to use them for their more advance knowledge in technology, thus evolving even further in life. Maybe?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Second, what gave you and John reason to suspect the impossible for which no one has ever presented any evidence of: a "base"?

Didn't you see the vintage NASA artist's concept of a moon base that was posted?

What more evidence could one ask for?

Of course we all know NASA is merely an outlet for government disinformation, but still...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You consider a "vintage NASA artist's concept of a moon base" as evidence? And then, after your silly reply you pull the usual let's lambast NASA. Give me/us a break! You weren't able to answer the question so you revert to just putting in your 2 worthless cents.

If Zorgon ever answers properly, then you can comment on his answer which I doubt will come and/or make sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I guess my sarcasm could have been more obvious... but not much more.

I was agreeing with you.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

You do realize that the Moon does not have a perfect orbit about the Earth, nor does it always make a "perfect" eclipse of the sun? And that we always see the same face because it's tidally locked?

en.wikipedia.org...

If they taught you in college that it's orbit is "perfect", etc, etc. I would demand your money back!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I think you touched a nerve there AND "someone" needs a sense of humour transplant. :shk:

P.S Good question above and I want to see some of the experts answer this in case mine is wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by draknoir2

I think you touched a nerve there AND "someone" needs a sense of humour transplant. :shk:

P.S Good question above and I want to see some of the experts answer this in case mine is wrong.

It's my fault. In an environment where so many unquestioningly believe the most wild of claims from the least qualified of sources, all but the most obvious of sarcasm, complete with eye roll emoticons and "sarcasm alert" signs can become indistinguishable from earnestness.

But it's enough that some get it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

You do realize that the Moon does not have a perfect orbit about the Earth, nor does it always make a "perfect" eclipse of the sun? And that we always see the same face because it's tidally locked?

en.wikipedia.org...

If they taught you in college that it's orbit is "perfect", etc, etc. I would demand your money back!
In fact, I think you should open a thread in Space Exploration with this question. It is a good topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join