It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Base Located by NASA? Or Just a Volcano

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes, but many people are not aware of that difference, so when we see the news on another source it may not be correct (although in the UK they now also use the same system as in the US, so that problem appears mostly in translations)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

So that's why we should all say 1.00E+09

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That depends, to me (and to the people in most European countries), there are 1,000,000 millions in a billion, so a million is 1,000,000 and a billion is 1,000,000,000,000.

Well it doesn't matter which version of the truth you pick
, point is some scientists are saying the Moon is still active TODAY

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Which ones?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You displayed the information wonderfully, I stopped taking NASA seriously years ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zorgon

Which ones?

Moon ones.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Which ones?

Although lunar volcanism was supposed to have ceased billions of years ago, there's at least one place on the Moon where "outgassing" may have happened within the past 10 million years--and may still be happening today (Schultz, Staid and Pieters, Nature, 444, 184).

For one

NASA asks... Is The Moon Still Alive?
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Also this one:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The question mark is important. The article itself is not definitive. Shultz does not say the Moon is geologicaly active, just that the outgassing would have occurred as early as 10 million years ago.

Why not quote this part?

It all adds up to outgassing: "We believe there has been a rapid release of gasses, blowing off surface deposits and exposing less weathered materials," explains Schultz. This is not necessarily a sign of active volcanism. "The appearance of the surface at Ina does not indicate an explosive release of magma, which would create visible rays of ejecta surrounding a central crater." Instead, the gasses may have been trapped below ground for millions or billions of years and released by, say, a recent moonquake. This interpretation is appealing because Ina is located at the intersection of two linear valleys or rilles -- like many geologically active areas on Earth.

science.nasa.gov...

We know about moonquakes. Tidal activity, impacts, thermal effects. That's not really considered geological activity, not volcanism. Isn't that the topic?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage Isn't that the topic?

No the topic is Moon Bases with possible signs of activity
Volcanoes is NASA's story

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Then why are you saying that scientists say there is current activity?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

We mostly post this moon stuff to monopolize your time, phage. Lord knows you make it easy for us.

Just look at the first line of the OP. It's bait you couldn't resist.

Right Zorgon?

edit on 31-7-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Phage

We mostly post this moon stuff to monopolize your time, phage. Lord knows you make it easy for us.

Just look at the first line of the OP. It's bait you couldn't resist.

Right Zorgon?

edit on 31-7-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

So you are trolls then. Not interested in honest discussion.
Thank you for making that so very clear.

edit on 7/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sheesh, even I can recognize sarcasm Phage..

Check the dictionary

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The topic is about moon volcanoes or moon bases - not whether or not Phage thinks OP is a troll.

Besides you don't truly believe zorgon has been trolling us all these years. You are just saying that for effect.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Leave Phage alone, if you havn't got anything sensible to say don't post.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by stealthyaroura

Great. You ask for high resolution images then discount them.
Can't win for losin'.

ok I will look over the images provided when I have acsess to my
Laptop, but what about the hi res images that Japan have taken?
Are they available to see yet? And if so what sort of resolution are
They? I would like to be able to zoom in like the software was like google
Earth, is this possible ?
That aside Titan looks like it's of great interest due to the amount of
Hydrocarbons available to exploit if we can get to them, that would be interesting.
Still held back by the restraints of just using my phone to acsess ATS, maybe our moon
Is just really unremarkable and there is no "out post" but a manned base was
Proposed, we may never know truly but I like the idea and enjoy reading the theory's
Of others, I also like your hard facts too they keep me grounded when I'm going off on
One of my flights of fancy.thanks for the links phage.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Do you mean something like this?

The original photos are available here. (free registration required)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura

That aside Titan looks like it's of great interest due to the amount of
Hydrocarbons available to exploit if we can get to them, that would be interesting.

If it were ever to become economically feasible, it would in all likelihood not be done by so technologically primitive a society as to base the energy needs of their infrastructure on something so inefficient and finite as hydrocarbons forcing them to consider the idea in the first place.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Rite so Titan is not a feasible quest with our current technology to access and exploit the hydrocarbon
reserves there ( liquid methane ) the hydrocarbon content is said to be 100 times compared to earth.
so back to our moon, we have been there and the topic is about a posable moon base yes? so if were
talking about addressing our future fuel needs there is one thing in abundance on our moon and that is
helium 3 ( I think that's the name ) again I'm held back by my phone sorry, so my point is this is one reason
there may be a presence on our moon,to mine this commodity and use/store it for future needs, of course this is
only a theory and i can't take credit for it.
it's clear to me there are 3 camps at this topic, denial with facts from NASA and I don't take ALL they say as truth, people open to the theory that there may be a manned or un manned out post on our moon as well as
Other interesting anomaly's, and those who can't make up there mind which to believe.

there are two gold level contributors contributing to this thread one is the OP Zorgon and the other is Phage
it's all just a matter of who's side you take sometimes, who is a Zorgonite and who chooses to be a
Phageaphile! ;-) and who is sitting on the fence.

Gold level ATS contributors, this makes this topic for me anyway all the more interesting, not only for the topic but to see who is in which camp, HA it makes me laugh when someone demands they leave poor old phage alone and stop picking on him, I'm sure he can look after himself and these types of posts just waste space in the thread IMO. Armap if ya reading buddy I have not yet accessed the links provided by hour good self and phage ( maybe I have seen the links on another site i don't know yet ) but thanks and as soon as I'm back on
my laptop and not this iphone I may be able to take this topic a bit further and contribute more.
Till then, SA.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join