It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Base Located by NASA? Or Just a Volcano

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

NASA says "volcanoes" in the same breath as "radioactive thorium hot spot" and you don't smell a conspiracy?

How many silica volcanoes do you know of on Earth that leave a radioactive thorium signature?

Just asking

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
In what? He said so many things.

Come come now ArMaP... the choice was moon base or volcanoes. He told us about both

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

That's a matter of opinion.

The landing traces are there. The 'moon storm' apparently exists. Its severity must be fairly mild...streamers rather whipped-up dust clouds.

Which part is a matter of opinion??

The event was obviously seen from quite some distance, that's not an opinion but a fact..

To be seen from a distance it obviously must be a bit more than "fairly mild"..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd hope NASA can find their own facilities, even if this one is located on Luna.

NASA doesn't have any facility on the Moon
That would be the Military, just like the Navy flew a tether mission at the same time that the NASA tether was fumbled...

Clementine was a NAVY satellite... NASA only helped with mission control

Project Horizon was a USARMY SMDC plan to put a base on farside by 1962... NASA wasn't even NASA then

NASA retires the shuttle so the USAF went and got their own.. its up there right now doing who knows what

You can track it here
www.n2yo.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Bill Nye, the "science guy" of Fox News was interviewed these days, about this alleged volcanic radioactive hotspot on the Moon, and he said this:

"...This means, that there's more to it, than you thought first... 'cos one of the two questions that trouble all of us, John... Are we alone and where did we come from?"

video.foxnews.com...

I wonder if he jumped to say it, when the Fox anchor was just asking if there's any current volcanic activity on the Moon, 'cos what NASA actually found out, was a hotspot of radioactive residue, coming from an alien base in the dark side of the Moon.

edit on 7/29/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I would love the moon to be mysterious and magical but my instinct tells me its just geological.
It is human nature to look for something that is not there.
(sorry my opinion)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Seriously? Your post, in a abridged sense, seems to amount to: "LOL We found out some stuff about the moon we didn't know before so there are alien bases ROFL!"

Wrong, wrong wrong. We learn knew things all the time, about the moon or otherwise. If we weren't learning there would be no reason to search for new knowledge. Secondly, Even if these were anomalous, which they aren't, you can't go from just "here is some stuff we didn't know -> alien bases. That's one of the largest problems mainstream science has with the UFO community. People try to go from having an unknown to aliens. You need some intermediate evidence to actually indicate aliens. Simply pointing out something unexplained doesn't mean aliens are involved.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFCSecondly, Even if these were anomalous, which they aren't, you can't go from just "here is some stuff we didn't know -> alien bases.

Not anomalous? A radioactive hot spot on the moon is 'business as usual' to you? Hmmmm

Well maybe its the old nuclear power plant

SP100 Class Nuclear Reactor on the Moon
NASA Technical Memorandum 4325

edit on 29-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What? I hate to break this to you, but Thorium is a naturally occurring element.

So again, your post goes from "we see naturally occurring radioactive element on moon -> alien bases"
with no intermediary evidence?
Again, makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

...just saying.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
What? I hate to break this to you, but Thorium is a naturally occurring element.

That it is... its quite abundant on the moon... but not a a radioactive hot spot that may or may not be a volcano. Thorium is relatively safe compared to uranium... so what is creating the hot spot? Can you show me a similar one on Earth? I mean considering it is so abundant, there must be lots of hot spots around, right?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Here are the Thorium deposits on the moon... you will notice that the north of the farside shows none...

But now suddenly we see a radioactive spot where none should be

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thorium is radioactive. Hence the radioactive hot spot. That's the point. Thorium is a naturally radioactive hot spot.

So, in essence your telling me to explain the radioactive hot spot on the moon amongst a deposit of a naturally occurring radioactive element. Is this correct?

"But now suddenly we see a radioactive spot where none should be "

Really? So Thorium is there, yet your asserting we shouldn't detect radiation? Really?

edit on 29-7-2011 by NavalFC because: correcting more lunacy

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The article even mentions thorium.

Also, You said in your post that there were no Thorium deposits north of the far side. Uh, not true. Even by your own map you will notice light blue pock marks, signifying a 4 on that picture's scale, north of the far side.

So we have radioactive elements on the moon giving off radiation, and somehow you construe this into something so abnormal only to be explained by hidden alien bases?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
reply to post by zorgon

...just saying.

Zorgon's picture :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bff64726aa25.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't know where the picture is from but it isn't from your vid.

TV Space 1999 Moonbase Alpha :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ede1ff5581d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73bf391082e0.jpg[/atsimg]

...just saying.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Heh, you're picture, I believe, was a concept matte painting done for the series back when it was in it's planning stages back in the late 60s. I could be wrong though.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Great info, I learned a lot.

One thing that seems odd to me though, is that NASA contradicts themselves throughout the years. Why not just stick to their story and label all proof they are wrong illegitamate or biased?

I mean come on thats what the government does!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

The image was a genuine conceptual design for moon base architecture and settlements. It's squirrelled away in this article for the National Space Society from 1991 and attributed to NASA > NEW SPACE MANAGEMENT AND STRUCTURE, NASA IN THE 21ST CENTURY A Vision of Greatness by Kathleen J. Murphy

Image here.

I've seen it being attributed to a paper by HH Koelle, but the copy I have is unillustrated so who knows?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Nice.
The closest I've come to finding the origins of that image is some chinese site about who knows what but maybe just rehashing the article you posted.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

hot spot (plural hot spots)
(geology) the surface manifestation of a plume that rises from deep in the Earth’s mantle
a dangerous place of violent political unrest
an area of radioactive contamination
(genetics) the region of a gene in which there is higher than normal rate of mutation

a·nom·a·lous

Deviating from what is standard, normal, or expected - an anomalous situation - sentences that are grammatically anomalous

Concentrated radiation in an area where none had previously been seen = Interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join