It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Base Located by NASA? Or Just a Volcano

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
In either case John Lear was RIGHT...

In 1998 the Lunar Prospector found a "HOT SPOT" of Thorium, a nuclear fuel, on the surface of the moon.

Lunar Prospector spacecraft orbited the moon in 1998, it found something curious: a bright bull's-eye of radioactive thorium on the far side of the moon between the craters Compton and Belkovich — a formation that seemed suspiciously volcanic.

www.time.com...

Now this was actually the first I heard of this 'bright bull's-eye of radioactive thorium on the far side of the moon "

Emissions from a base? crashed saucer? Seems very odd indeed to be seeing radioactive hot spots. Especially in a region where John and I have long suspected is a base. It is also not making a big splash on the news even here at ATS it went almost unnoticed

ETA:
Here is a single thread a few days ago that I found after I posted this
Unique Volcanic Complex Discovered On Moon's Far Side
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well NASA is trying to tell us that they are VOLCANOES, on a place that they told us was geologically dead for millions of years. and not only volcanoes, but weird ones that don't put out basaltic lava, but SILICA

Now the next-generation Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) has turned its optical cameras on the site and has indeed discovered a vented mountain in the center of the thorium field, suggesting that not only is volcanism responsible but a particularly rare type of volcanism — at least on the moon — that produces lighter silicas instead of heavier basalts. What's more, while all lunar volcanoes were assumed to have last stirred 3 billion to 4 billion years ago, this one appears much fresher — just a billion or so years old.

www.time.com...

A Volcano on the Moon — Where None Should Be
www.time.com...

Here is the area in question..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c87e9bf3d1bd.jpg[/atsimg]

LROC observes feature that may be of volcanic origin
lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov...

Looks like those dark holes they found on Mars

Lunar Surprise: NASA Orbiter Discovers Volcanoes on Moon's Far Side
www.ibtimes.com... tm

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/902f45229bed.png[/atsimg]

NASA said...

No water on the moon... NAVY sends Clementine, Pentagon Press release says LOTS of water on the moon 1996.... MANY years later, 2009, NASA bombs the moon and tells us they found water...
(and a pretty pathetic mission at that)

NASA said...

No atmosphere on the moon... well maybe a little... but NASA forgot to tell us about the sunset rays. Mar 2005 they finally admit that Apollonots saw them, and that they had photos from Surveyor that showed them... And now they call them MOON FOUNTAINS

NASA said...

No clouds on the moon... despite the fact that astronomers have seen them for hundreds of years... and despite the fact that NASA has been recording these sightings in a TLP catalog... In Dec 2005 NASA now tells us about raging MOON STORMS

December 7, 2005: Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface. The next time you see the moon, trace your finger along the terminator, the dividing line between lunar night and day. That's where the storm is. It's a long and skinny dust storm, stretching all the way from the north pole to the south pole, swirling across the surface, following the terminator as sunrise ceaselessly sweeps around the moon. Never heard of it? Few have. But scientists are increasingly confident that the storm is real.

NASA said...
the moon is geologically dead... Now they talk about volcanoes? After all these years of people, astronomers and astronauts seeing flashes of light, odd glows and clouds on the moon (TLP's), NASA is now telling us we have rare silica volcanoes with radioactive thorium

I think its disclosure...They are 'leaking' the base that we all know has been there...

Farside..

edit on 28-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i wonder why the USA and Russia stopped with the moon missions

If there's water on the moon poles in the form of ice there has to be oxygen therefore breathable atmosphere. they have to return there and create an outpost dammit.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9158d898ab00.jpg[/atsimg]
Caption: This image from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter shows a region on the far side of the moon between the Compton and Belkovich craters. The colored region marks a high amount of the mineral thorium, which is thought to have been deposited by rare silicate volcanoes in the past.
CREDIT: NASA/GSFC/ASU/WUSTL, processing by B. Joliff

Rare Volcanoes Discovered On Far Side of the Moon
www.space.com...

link   
I'd hope NASA can find their own facilities, even if this one is located on Luna. I've heard about and believed there to be a U.S. or multi-national facility on the Moon likely going back to the Reagan years, at least. A lot of weird stuff was coming to fruition and full operation from the 60's and 70's black world efforts right around that time as well. I could be wrong..but I find it far more likely that this is a human occupation of the Moon, if it isn't some natural event they were just too full of themselves to admit was even possible before now.

Just a thought on this....but if Aliens, presumably from another dimension or at least a FAR distant Star System wanted to set up a 'blind' to study us from behind, do you really think they'd be popping their cork fairly regularly as our technology to spot such things so close to Earth is increasing by leaps and bounds? That DOES sound like the kind of idiotic thing I'd expect to hear a human base commander doing after too much time to get lax and apathetic about the nature of his base, though.

link   
It's more possible that science is evolving and more evidence is being collected leading them to change their theory's. To assume that NASA knows everything about the moon is simply just ridiculous. I'm sure we will continually be discovering more things about our closest neighbor as the decades march on.

It's certainly in no way any proof of a cover-up or conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm pretty sure there has been multiple test of of nuclear bombs from various countries being shot from earth with moon as target.
Don't ask me where I heard this cause I don't remember. Probably on ktrs or something, but its possible and why wouldn't the military want to test this.. what if we need to blow some something up in space?

Seems pretty feasible to me.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
good find the nasa bunch will of course supress the truth of the moon (death star) how are they getting away with the repeated lies disinfo blurry pics when will people speak out and demand the truth.I am so sick and tired of nasa and there bs. I wish I was a hacker connected to anonymous I would so hack there servers get the truth out

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks, Zorgon, for the post. I love all of this Moon stuff but have not been able to make heads or tails out of it myself, even after wading through probably most of what is available on the web. My favorite is Dave McGowan's 'Wagging the Moondoggie' installments.

So if the Moon is hollow where do you suppose the silica magma is coming from?

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject matter.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Frater210 because: thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So wait a minute NASA...

I'm am so confused.

Instead of green cheese....

It's Nacho cheese?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
No clouds on the moon... despite the fact that astronomers have seen them for hundreds of years... and despite the fact that NASA has been recording these sightings in a TLP catalog... In Dec 2005 NASA now tells us about raging MOON STORMS

December 7, 2005: Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface. The next time you see the moon, trace your finger along the terminator, the dividing line between lunar night and day. That's where the storm is. It's a long and skinny dust storm, stretching all the way from the north pole to the south pole, swirling across the surface, following the terminator as sunrise ceaselessly sweeps around the moon. Never heard of it? Few have. But scientists are increasingly confident that the storm is real.

I can't help wondering why the tracks of the Russian Lunar Rover are visible. Surely the dust storms would have covered them by now?

edit on 28/7/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

In either case John Lear was RIGHT...
In what? He said so many things.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks, Zorgon, for the post. I love all of this Moon stuff but have not been able to make heads or tails out of it myself, even after wading through probably most of what is available on the web. My favorite is Dave McGowan's 'Wagging the Moondoggie' installments.

So if the Moon is hollow where do you suppose the silica magma is coming from?

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject matter.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Frater210 because: thanks

Well to be fair, many people think the earth is hollow, none of who deny there are volcanoes here.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You spin a fine conspiracy with the use of simple suggestion!

NASA said...

No water on the moon... NAVY sends Clementine, Pentagon Press release says LOTS of water on the moon 1996.... MANY years later, 2009, NASA bombs the moon and tells us they found water... (and a pretty pathetic mission at that)

NASA said...

No atmosphere on the moon... well maybe a little... but NASA forgot to tell us about the sunset rays. Mar 2005 they finally admit that Apollonots saw them, and that they had photos from Surveyor that showed them... And now they call them MOON FOUNTAINS

All this tells you that there's some kind of cover-up. What it tells me is that studying the Moon is a work in progress and that scientists should sometimes shut up and hold back on the proclamations. Hundreds of years of 'This can't be!' and 'Impossible!' and still, some of them, keep banging the drum of what is and what can't be. Makes them look pretty unreliable.

The Moon can't be 'geologically dead' as long as tidal forces and the interaction with Earth continues. There's always going to be some heat generated which could be expressed by minor volcanic activity or perhaps just enough to ensure a small amount of magma stays on the boil?

It's good to see a little interest in the area by the GRAIL mission and maybe some more attention focused on Aristarchus and the 'usual suspects' for those occasional disco lights....Transient Lunar Phenomena.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

I can't help wondering why the tracks of the Russian Lunar Rover are visible. Surely the dust storms would have covered them by now?

edit on 28/7/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

Don't forget the Apollo footprints that formed tracks and were photographed decades later.

If these terminator storms are real then I have NFI how they will explain them tracks..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

They aren't so much 'storms' as charged particles being carried aloft as the terminator passes across the Moon's surface. In essence, it's similar to passing your finger above an old TV screen. The astronauts described a subtle effect rather than what we'd picture as a wind on Earth. More like a charged breeze?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

They aren't so much 'storms' as charged particles being carried aloft as the terminator passes across the Moon's surface. In essence, it's similar to passing your finger above an old TV screen. The astronauts described a subtle effect rather than what we'd picture as a wind on Earth. More like a charged breeze?

I've read the NASA article on this and it's believed to be more severe than you state.
Basically dust flies many feet into the air..

Also, NO astronaut experienced it as it's on the terminator.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Who drew the pictures?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Who drew the pictures?

Experiencing it and seeing something in the faraway distance is not the same thing..
I doubt they could accurately state how fierce the storms are..
Though the fact that they saw something at all at such distance would suggest more than a mild storm IMO..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

That's a matter of opinion.

The landing traces are there. The 'moon storm' apparently exists. Its severity must be fairly mild...streamers rather whipped-up dust clouds.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30463236cfd1.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 29-7-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join