It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those who blame Obama.....here's the truth..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

For those of you that hate hitler... Mao killed way more people so yea, stop hating hitler.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So you are attempting to project the fact that Obama isn't as bad as Bush by showing us he has already accumulated over 1/3 of the total debt Bush had over 8 years, in the span of just 3?

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Well, some simple math can easily remedy this BS graphic with slanted numbers in it. Why? Because now Obama is partially responsible for Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, and I am sure there are more to come. Also the numbers for Bush are over 8 years, and Obama's are just for 2. Let's see how the numbers really play out when he leaves office shall we?

Sombody can't read... the table says "OBAMA 2009-17 Incl. projections". That's not 2 years. Go ahead and take another look.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a239902e3abb.png[/atsimg]

I think your monetary comparison of the cost of poicy changes is interesting, but the real probem is debt, which is on a serious increase since Obama came in.

Image from Wiki
edit on 29-7-2011 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

While you pointed out the recent spending, you missed the second chart on the same page.

Link: How the Deficit Got This Big

Link #2: Exppense of Obama's Policies Over the Next Eight Years

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc2fbca4d3d0.gif[/atsimg]

It took Bush eight years of policies to build up a $5.07 trillion dollar deficit.

It took Obama one year of policies to build up a $8.0+ trillion dollar deficit, which will add to the national debt over the next eight years.

Second, within the chart they are circulating, Obama's side is missing war spending.

Also, Obama originally extended Bush's tax cuts.
edit on 7/29/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
One simple graphic below tells the truth of why America is so much in debt..........

For all you Republicans and Mental Tea Party lot....have a look at this and if you need help understanding then phone a friend or shoot yourself......your bound to have a gun or two around ready to defend the huge pile of money you have made out of everyone else........

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fea6f8e0045e.jpg[/atsimg]

Have a nice day

PDUK

ps - this is my 100th Thread so I thought i'd make it an inflammatory one ....
edit on 28-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

Like they always do, the Republicans have made all of us think that the clean up that Obama is dealing with is Obama's fault. So is the "Federal" government, in debt to the "Federal" bank(sarcasm)? It is starting to look like we should have been listening to Kennedy and Jefferson. That is B.S., just like all these 10 year deficit plans. They need to rein in the troops from the imperial agenda and start putting us (US) first again. However, we as Americans (over all) need to pull our heads out of the sand and start paying attention to the things going on around us. That would be mostly non-ATSers because that is the reason we contribute and participate in this site. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

They can suck on a rotten egg because for the past 2 years, ATS has been Tea Party/Anti-Obama Central.

Can't get over the birth certificate. Can't face facts like those you posted.

Wah wah.

No sympathy, no mercy for the lot!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Link: The Truth about Obama’s Budget Deficits
The storm is on the horizon.

Don't fool yourselves. Obama is a spending freak on drugs.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Firstly................. Thankyou to everyone so far who has contributed to this 'discussion / debabte..........It is Obviously a very Emotive topic...

The figures and data I posted were taken from sources of companies and organisations whom I genuinely do not know the political bias but as a great quote once said.....'' there are lies, damn lies and statistics..'' and I am fully aware that figures can be read in various ways to illustrate different points..........

BUT the reason i posted this thread has become very evident reading through the replies....................... Both sides and those inbetween seem 'hardend and steadfast' to their own ideologies that they ALL refuse to look at sensible and reasonable options that will benefit the people they govern and NOT those who only hold power...

I do feel sympathy for Obama because he has inherited an economy headed for rocky shores...much like a ''fuelled up'' Gasoline tanker headed for harbour at Full Speed.............. do people really honestly think that even the most 'skilled' Captain could turn the boat around or at the very least stop it ??!!??

Being a foriegn observer of American Politics then I do get the impression that the Republicans are 'hell bent' on causing grief and hassle for Obama, so much so that they are actually dmamaging America itself..........as I have suggested in earlier replies, there needs to be a CHANGE of attitudes and a realisation in American minds that ''it is NOT all about money''........................ sadly though I think you have all gone too far already.......

Regards

PDUK
edit on 29-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Either point them out in another link or wallow in your own made-up nonsense.

I love how people believe the line about Obama being worse than Bush without doing any research, etc. What a bunch of lame-ass sheep!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Did you even read the original article, which provided the charts being used?

If you paid a little attention, the chart people are using is based upon costs so far. On the same exact page of where it came from, there is a second chart of projected cost of his policies over an eight year period.

Link: Original Source of Where The OP Got His CHart

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc2fbca4d3d0.gif[/atsimg]

Obama's policies are projected to cost us (10x) ten times more than Bush's policies.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

BOTH parties are doing NOTHING while America heads straight for the cliff.

What they don't get (and won't ever get) is that they MUST raise the debt ceiling and raise taxes on the wealthy. No more tax cuts for people who don't need them.

But, Boehner and his goon squad seem to want a default bad enough that they'll actually screw over the most unfortunate of Americans.

Obama isn't off the hook but he should be doing more than yapping and making more empty promises.

It's a feeling of helplessness as you sit there and wish that he'd grow a pair and turn on his handlers.

It just doesn't seem likely.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Linking to a right-wing think tank is only going to steer this debate into more partisan muck.

Look, I don't care who spends more or who does this or who does that.

We need credible leadership at this point, not more silly bickering!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Wow! Chart is also missing Obama's bailouts and buyouts

What a load of crap.

Just a point of history here....... President Bush was in charge on 16th September 2008...........?

Bailouts and Tarps and all the other crap to buy America and the world time were created and started during Bush's reign..
I get the impression that the graphic is trying to illustrate responsibility for those values based on who caused them.....not when they were started......

PDUK

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Linking to a right-wing think tank is only going to steer this debate into more partisan muck.

Look, I don't care who spends more or who does this or who does that.

We need credible leadership at this point, not more silly bickering!

Wow!

Link: I linked directly to the source of where the original image came from. If you look at the left corner of the original New York Times article, the source of the image in the op, you will see the multimedia section with images. Look at the top image.

New York Times: How the Deficit Got This Big
Found in Multimedia Section of Same Article: Project Expense of Obama's Policies
Found in Multimedia Section of Same Article: Current Amount Spent on Obama's Policies

Do you need a map?

Obama is projected to out spend Bush.

Yes, Bush did contribute to our current problem, but Obama's policies will cost us ten times that of Bush's.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Yeah!!! And let us NEVER forget, at least those of us who choose NOT to have "SELECTIVE AMNESIA" regarding Bush, how much his DEREGULATION POLICIES hurt America. Even during his final week, that evil little gnome was deregulating EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!!!

No oversight, means the greedy money barons have free reign to screw us at EVERY turn.

The absolute WORST, MOST WICKED PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY, thy name is George W. Bush!!!

What a travesty... what an American shame.
edit on 29-7-2011 by maceov because: corrected misspelling.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I disagree with how the funds are distributed as you give Bush all the credit for the Iraq and Afghanistan war, which is unfair since Obama could have removed the troops if he wanted to. 30,000 additional soldiers to Afghanistan is on Obama's watch, not Bush, and yet you don't mention 1 cent from the war on Obama's side. That is wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Hey why dont you try to clean your own yard up before you attempt to clean mine. Thank You and have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Obama's policies are projected to cost us (10x) ten times more than Bush's policies.

Yeah right! I think you're purposely omitting the fact that BUSH started this whole bailout business, and left the entire mess in Obama's lap when he stepped into office. Obama continued to shore up the mess when Bushie left office, so that we would NOT have a COMPLETE ECONOMIC COLLAPSE.

I'm also VERY tired of "Repugnantcants" calling these wars that BUSH and his dear ol' "Poppy" started, "Obama's Wars." These are CONTINUED BUSH/CHENEY/HALLIBURTON WARS, plain and simple.

We began with a surplus when Bush took office, and were left with an OUTRAGEOUS DEFICIT of over FIVE TRILLION DOLLARS when he slithered away.

Obama INHERITED this mess. Let's just keep the facts straight here.
edit on 29-7-2011 by maceov because: Had to revise

edit on 29-7-2011 by maceov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

While no president can avoid having to deal with the decisions of the past holders of the office nor the events that occured during their term, the president is elected to provide leadership during their time in office and that is what Obama has failed to do.

Bush spent too much money.
Obama spent too much money
Congress spent too money

All parties have been devoid of competent leadership for decades.

Obama has, unfortunately for himself failed to provide the adequate leadership from day one on economic issues, as did Bush. He is the person running the country and he is to blame for where we stand in this debt problem, which is a typical "he said, she said" game playing process.

Had Obama confronted this issue a year ago and brought public sunshine on the problems, put plans on paper with legitimate solutions we would not be where we are today and for that only he deserves the blame.

I forget who said it, but its true: "these people would rather lead in hell than live in heaven" it is becoming quite clear that the majority of the government on both sides falls into that category

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join