It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Earth Really Move?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Naa, it aint ridiculous.

Ischyros is on the right track.

I accepted geocentricity before accepting our heaven-centered earth....

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There is a season, turn turn turn.

The truth is right there!

If the Earth is fixed, why did I experience 24 hour darkness and 24 hour sunlight in the same location (separated by 2 SEASONS)?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
OK so get a GOOD telescope and look up at night. Observe the heavens over time. With you own eyes you can see the moons of jupiter orbiting it. If you watch say...Mars ( or pick your own planet of choice but the closer ones being better... Venus is a good one too).... Watch it on a regular basis and over time you can see it orbit the sun. The sun has far more mass than any planet in our system so as we can personaly observe orbital motion and heliocentric motion and know that mass effects gravity and is effected by it... then why would any planet or the sun for that matter orbit the earth and not the sun??? With the larger telescopes and 'radio' telescopes we have even managed to find planets orbiting other suns but have thus far not found any sun that orbits a planet. You can see the curvature of the earth quite easily. Why dont you feel the earth move... Hmm take a jet ride and other than turbulande you dont feel like you are moving. When you are in or in an object in motion you take on that same motion. try walking on a train or bus. You will travel at the same speed and the only motion you feel is turbulance and accelleration/decelleration. There isnt any of either in planetary motion that is big enough for you to feel. A Geocentric notion is actualy more egocentric... I am on Earth I am important so the Earth must be the most important body in the universe. Logic and practical observation simply dont hold up geocentric orbital theology. You can invent a multitude of reasons why things like seasons work in a gercentric universe but none of them hold up to good old scientific study. Galeleio was jailed as a heretic for his thoughts and finaly the Pope regognised they were wrong and have asked for his forgivness posthumathously.
Dang I wish I could spell LOL Must be all this spinning arround the sun makin me dizzy

your outside is in and your inside is out.
your inside is out and your outside is in.
you forgot you're peering through the lookingglass, alice.
the deeper you go, the higher you fly.
The higher you fly, the deeper you go.
Looking through a glass onoin.
I don't know how you were diverted
You were perverted too
I don't know how you weren't inverted
No one alerted you.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
so either the video from space shuttles and space stations is being faked when showing the earth rotating or the earth is really sitting still and it is the shuttles and the stations that are moving. someone could break the news tomorrow that the earth doesn't rotate and i'd care more about what i'm gonna have for dinner that night.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yea Feklar, you'd probably only really care if Chicken Little was right....

p.s. She was.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Have you not heard of Foucault's Pendelum. Well it was an exeriment done to prove the rotation of the earth. A table was set up with 360 nails standing. Then a penedelum was set up hanging over the tabel and was set off swinging in one direction. It knocked down a few nails. An hour later it had knocked down more pins but the pendelum was swinging in the same direction. more pins were being knocked down because although the pendelum kept swinging the same way this is becuase as the earth rotates below the pendelum that table spins caussing more nails to be knocked down by the pendelum.

Link

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My input: The Coriolis effect would not occur without movement. We would have a simple, straight wind system moving from east to west, no variation. We would not recieve air masses from the tropics or polars becuase the would be no Coriolis effect to turn the air and winds. Not to mention all the traders, past and present, whose routes would be impossible without the trade winds to push them in the right direction.

[edit on 083131p://333 by BluePostman]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm a geocentrist. Also check out The Biblical Astronomer.

When I was a little girl, I wondered how the clouds could move as they did if the earth were turning. How can weather systems move west to east as they often do here in the USA if the earth is turning?

In Joshua 10 of the Bible, Joshua commands the sun and the moon to stand still. He didn't command the earth to stop turning. And before anyone comes up with "they didn't understand back then about the earth's rotation," I understood that just fine in kindergarten!

In Genesis, God created "the heavens and the earth." Note the distinction. If the earth is just another heavenly body, where is the distinction?

My husband thinks I'm nuts (he's a heliocentrist) and so does his dad. My mother-in-law, however, is more receptive to the concept of geocentricity. Lots of people think I'm nuts, but hey, I march to the beat of a different drummer. But I don't believe this to be different--it's because I'm convinced of its veracity.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for sharing your views with the rest of us here at ATS.

Hope to see you all again sometime.

Regards,

Duncan Kunz
("Off_the_Street")

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
@Off the Street

Huh?

At any rate, I forgot to add:

I wonder about Christians who believe in heliocentrism. If you'll note in the first chapter of Genesis, God created the earth on the first day, and the sun on the FOURTH day. If the earth goes around the sun, what was it going around the first three days?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I'm a geocentrist. Also check out The Biblical Astronomer.

You'll almost there, Ame.

Now you just need to turn it all outside in.

That's what the scriptures really teach.
Heaven Centered Earth

You see, we don't see the Glass.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh boy the quackery here -

1. Pendulum - Nice one at Griffith Observatory in LA
2. Coriolis effect (weather and drains)
3. Day/Night and position of star and planets e.g. analema's
4. and the unequivocal kicker - Doppler effect. Of course you'd have to be a scientist and gain access to the equipment to open your eyes and minds or you can read up on it on the web.... Yes you can tell what's moving and how fast - ain't that nifty....

If anyone believes this Earth centric crap, have I got a nice bridge I'd like to sell you....

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
If anyone believes this Earth centric crap, have I got a nice bridge I'd like to sell you....

No one should,
I believe the correct terminology would be Heaven centric.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Why didn't just become an astronaut instead of wasting everyone's time with such a silly question?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
ok havnt read the whole thread but here is a sure fire way of knowing which one revolves around which

if you take a view from a polar orbit satellite towards the oncoming sunrise as you travel over the north pole you should see the earth moving west to east and the sunrise ahead of you and set behind you this would prove the earth is spinning and therefore orbiting the sun
however if the view from that satellite shows the sun moving and the earth stationary this would prove without doubt the sun orbits the earth

the reason there is no doubt is because this view take relativity out of the equation but heres the thing if you can find time lapse footage from one of these satellite travelling from sunrise to sunset with both earth and sun in view you have the answer i cant find it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join