It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Image of Comet Elenin from space...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here is it but not good, I cant see anything or only to00 little .. lo0ol

Elenin is in middle end little right like they say ..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a80311c5aa71.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 28-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by NicelyToasted

And why should north americans not be able too get info from SOHO a NASA web site here in north america ,,,as they download,,,,, and instead be forced to use alternate web sites from half way around the world, in this day and age, that is just NUTS.
and wait for them to discard this and only show that,,its still NUTS,, in this day and age.

Maybe they do not want North Americans to see it.

Maybe

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

what is the date/time stamp,,of the picture?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
As of this moment in time, Elenin is between Saturn and Mercury, at these coordinates:
Geocentric Data
Right Ascension (J2000) 11h 21.1m
Declination (J2000) 2° 53'
Constellation Leo
Magnitude 11.3
Distance from Earth 1.545 AU

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Here is a comment from Leonid Elenin on why the website is down (From his Facebook group)

SpaceObs.org was disabled
"We have determined that based on the excessive resource utilization your account is not a good fit for a VPS account since not only your VPS is crashing due to the high resource usage but you are also impacting the actual hardware node on which the VPS is created. Unfortunately due to the severe nature of the problem your web service access has been disabled." Sorry, but now server was disabled. I can't pay for dedicate server.
By: Leonid Elenin

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
G'day all, first post and imho an important one! this changes the game for me!

Spent hours & hours staggering around the internet looking for something that is not

a) somebody's vision or
b) somebodys religious belief or
c) somebodys alien message

about what potentially is out there....

This appears to have been posted just days ago, a staggering amount of research and photos
At the end he revisits old press articles, NASA has known abouth this thing since 1983..........

www.scribd.com...

Comments????

Regards Silvertri

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silvertri

This appears to have been posted just days ago, a staggering amount of research and photos
At the end he revisits old press articles, NASA has known abouth this thing since 1983..........

www.scribd.com...

Comments????

Yes, this childish hoax is mercilessly dissected on the following threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dammad
Here is a comment from Leonid Elenin on why the website is down (From his Facebook group)

SpaceObs.org was disabled
"We have determined that based on the excessive resource utilization your account is not a good fit for a VPS account since not only your VPS is crashing due to the high resource usage but you are also impacting the actual hardware node on which the VPS is created. Unfortunately due to the severe nature of the problem your web service access has been disabled." Sorry, but now server was disabled. I can't pay for dedicate server.
By: Leonid Elenin

In other words, all the traffic from conspiracy theorists crashed the web page!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

ha-ha-ha-ha

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well i do find it a lame excuse and don't buy it..

webhosting and bandwith is unbelievably cheap nowadays and you have a decent dedicated server for as low as 100 bucks per year.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Yeh, it's a bit convenient.

Pity no-one here thought to save the GIF to their computer. I didnt get to see it in time.

This doesn't help the paranoia around it either.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am not a facebook friend of LE, but you'd think he would repost the picture on his facebook page. Does not seem like a picture should be lost because his website went down. Certainly does add to the mystery.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I run a web host and the reason for disabling his VPS is very normal. You can't get a decent dedicated server for $100 per year, that is ridiculous. Our cheapest server is $240/mo and cheapest VPS is about $50/mo if you actually want to do something with it. I'm sure SpaceObs is getting huge traffic due to the Elenin farce and if he has a MySQL backend that makes the drives spin and even with isolated resources on the VPS the I/O is not isolated. The drives can only spin so fast. We are awaiting a new version of the OS CloudLinux which is based on the CentOS distro and soon will be able to limit I/O per account. It will be awesome, but even this won't help Leonid Elenin's hosting problem. He needs a dedicated server.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I highly doubt it was traffic caused purely by "conspiracy theorists"
there are plenty of interested parties from professional & ametuer astronomers
to the average joe like myself who is truly interested in the findings

is there any other place on the web where these images may have been posted?
did nasa put them up on any of their sites?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
I run a web host and the reason for disabling his VPS is very normal. You can't get a decent dedicated server for $100 per year, that is ridiculous. Our cheapest server is $240/mo and cheapest VPS is about $50/mo if you actually want to do something with it. I'm sure SpaceObs is getting huge traffic due to the Elenin farce and if he has a MySQL backend that makes the drives spin and even with isolated resources on the VPS the I/O is not isolated. The drives can only spin so fast. We are awaiting a new version of the OS CloudLinux which is based on the CentOS distro and soon will be able to limit I/O per account. It will be awesome, but even this won't help Leonid Elenin's hosting problem. He needs a dedicated server.

then he can host it on imageshack for all i care

lame excuse, period.

(btw with dedicated server i mean dedicated for the purpose of hosting this picture, not an entire website)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join