It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Watched 20 Minutes of The House of Representatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This rant should open with a blood curdling scream.

What an absolute farce! 20 minutes of duly appointed "public servants" taking turns preaching to the choir, showboating and parroting their respective party lines. The Republicans keep claiming that their slash and burn kill everyone making less than 1 million a year philosophy is the only way to save the country. The Democrats meekly saying that is's a bad bill and that the Republicans are coming for your Medicare and Social Security. Whine whine whine. All bark no bite.

All I want is one Democrat to stand up and show how many steps removed from the original Dem position the current bill in the Senate is. The Dems have given up on raising taxes on the wealthy or closing corporate taxc loopholes and have instead adopted a repugnant Republican Lite plan that is only different from the Boehner bill in the fact that it seeks to defer this ridiculous debate past the upcoming election. They have gone beyond compromise to full blown capitulation, yet they continue to allow themselves to be portrayed as stubborn ideologues who refuse get a deal done for the American people. Meanwhile, the Republicans are pushing the same plan they push pretty much any time there's a Dem in the White House and they act like it's the Dems that are being stubborn.

You know what, they're both wrong. They're both a bunch of dilletentes so far removed from the actual machinations of the world economy that literally NO ONE on the hill understands how the system works.

But these repulsive scumbags can't even get the Kabuki theatre right. They can't even present something that vaguely resembles an intellectual debate, let alone one between minds worthy of leading our nation.

"Our plan kicks a$$!"
"Nuh-uh!"
"Uh-huh!"
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Oh and did I mention that this group exercise in political onanism is being conducted in a virtually empty chamber? Everyone there came to talk, no one came to listen. The vote could have been held this morning, but they are taking the time to perform this grotesque ritual to pretend there is a purpose to their continued existence.

It's sick. These people should all be fired. Send them home and make them get real jobs. Something tells me that not one of these people could last a week doing a job that actually yielded some tangible real world result. Maybe if Congress could get together and prove that they could successfully operate a grocery store, I might start to think they could consider being allowed to vote for people to run the country. Until then, they should be stripped of their citizenship and be made to pass a test to get it back.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
House Republicans Huddle With Lobbyists to Kill Financial Reform Bill(before the last congressional election)
www.rollcall.com...

House Democrats Huddle With Lobbyists blah blah blah(After the last congressional election)
www.ourtab.org...
Who's are they representing??? 2 sides of the same worthless coin!

edit on 28-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't know why you would submit yourself to that. Oh well.

I know your talking about the House of Representatives, but, I miss me some Anthony Wiener.

youtu.be...
:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I figure it's my duty to periodically gaze directly into the belly of the beast. I can get all the summaries I want from the MSM media, but nothing drives home the madness of our completely broken system quite like watching it in action.

new topics

top topics

join