It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, climate sceptics: here's the raw data you wanted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

hey welsh

I thought the mini ice age had finished by the time the industrial revolution started? wasn't the mini ice age 1500 - 1700? industrial revolution was 1800's... although that would tie in with the whole 'ice ages are what spurred on our development' theory...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

I'm amazed that there are still people who think that climate change isnt going on. Notice how those that deny that humans are having such an effect on climate change have such a lack of concern. Even if this was true and it was a natural process we still should be very concerned about it as history has shown what dramatic climate change can do to life on earth.

I never doubted the temps may be on the rise. I do not believe that carbon monoxide from humans is the biggest climate problem we face. And I will never believe that money is the solution to it.

The last time the climate temperature jumped was in the middle ages and there was an agricultural boom from the increased temps and CO2. A quick trip to Mississippi will demonstrate the truth of my last statement all too clearly. And a quick look at Agenda 21 and Codex Alimentarius, both from the UN, will give the motives behind this flim-flam.

Hydro-fracturing the earth for Natural Gas, disappearing water aquifers, desertification, GMO foods, GMO trees now, clear cutting of forests, Nuclear waste from our reactors, the privatization of water, these are real problems which cannot be hung on the private citizens necks. If you compare what the Corporations of the planet are doing in the name of greed, to the fictitious damage of human breath and cow farts you will be magically released from all guilt and free to fight with the real villains.

Did you know almost all synthetic pharmaceuticals are made from petro-chemicals? And they have convinced us to ingest these en masse. Do you really think we are breathing the planet to death? If the earth was that fragile it would have died long ago. No this is a case of we are that dumbed down in school and therefore that gullible.

As in the case of Fluoridation of water, we are being used as a shield for the real polluters/spoilers of the planet once again. And as in the case of the economic debt crisis, we are being asked to pay for the misdeeds of the wealthy once again.

Have you noticed that we do not hear the phrase global warming anymore from the media? Now it is climate change! I wonder why? I have heard that the globe has been cooling off since 1995 and that the Government has admitted to this, though I have not seen the documentation myself. But I do know that if you look at the damage done by greedy corporations who have spent away costly regulations and compare it to what we have done with our greedy breath and bovine flatulence you will see a tipping of the scales that will cause you to laugh. For a minute...

Itta

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
At this point, I am thoroughly confused about global warming. But I think it doesn't matter. We need to stop this pollution nightmare either way.

It's like they want us to debate about it endlessly so we don't notice they keep dumping toxins all over us in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

So in other words it's just a period of time where recorded temperature measurements in a given place were lower overall than at times before and after it. Seems kind of reckless calling it any kind of "ice age".

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Humans would have a bigger direct impact on co2 generation by simply calming down and slowly breathing .
"On average, a human will breath 16 times per minute [1]. Each breath will contain, on average, 0.037 grams of CO2 [2]. An average year is 525948.766 minutes. An average human will live to be 67 years old [3]. This means that the average CO2 exhaled by the average human in her lifetime will be 20861230 grams, or 23 tons. That’s a lot of mass, but this value is hard to compare to anything. The average CO2 exhaled by all humans in one year is 2230000000 tons, or 2.23 gigatons.
The current mass of CO2 in the atmosphere is 3000000000000 or 3 teratons [4]. The amount of CO2 added to the atmosphere by human respiration is obviously miniscule."
atmoz.org...

Or we could talk to our house plants and give them more co2 to enhance their growth .I cant imagine us thinking that co2 is a bad thing .without it this planet would have little chance of being anything other than a baron place .....long live the co2 molecule ....peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join