It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Defense against a Police Officer. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm curious.
Based on my CCDW training, I know it's not legal to draw on someone if you suspect they may be a plain clothes officer. Not even if you fear for the life of the person they are threatening.

But is there a situation anyone has heard of where someone has claimed self defense against a police officer and been freed???

Is it even possible???

And if not. Then why not???

If everyone is willing to admit that there are bad cops, then you have to acknowledge that there are good people who may find themselves in a situation where they need to defend themselves against a bad cop.

And 1 bad cop justifies self defense for citizens, as much as 1 bad guy justifies having armed cops. So don't lay that junk on the table that there aren't enough bad cops to worry about that situation.

What do you think?

Ex

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yea, try that!
You have no defence against a bad cop, ask anyone in prison on bs testimony that
didn't have a friend video the incident.
Or maybe you think this will hold up in a court,
with cops testifying every week in some matter or another.
Think that every prosecutor in your town and the police don't know each other
Think you will get a public defender that isn't trying to settle your case as soon
as possible so he can move on to his next.

Freedom is gone.....ask any black man driving a car!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yeah, you better be prepaired to incapacitate the office the moment you decide to defend yourself, otherwise, he'll radio for backup, shoot you, or at best light you up like a christmas tree with his taser. And you better bet that when his buddies get there, they won't hold back on beating you within an inch of your life.
edit on 7/28/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

It would be a situation where I would demand a trial by jury. However, those that kill law enforcement have a nasty habit of losing their life before making it to court. Florida is getting famous for this.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It is not possible without causing chaos in the system otherwise every criminal would claim it and the police would never be out of court. A necessary evil im afraid.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
well if you could cross post i would show a couple of post that a member posted.
so i wil do the next best thing and post a link tothe thread.
member name was lemon.fresh and it is on page 3 of this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

he posted two legal dissions handed down by the courts.
i don't know which one these come from, but i think all the states have a statues for this

well it says this in the first was handed down by Supreme Court of the United States.
in his first post and the second doesn't say where.
edit on 30-7-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join