It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunwalker Scandal We have a smoking gun....White House was briefed on Fast and Furious

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
For several weeks now I have been reporting on the "Fast and Furious" or "Gunwalker" scandal, which appears to reach the highest levels of the Justice Department. the short version is that the Justice Department knowingly allowed thousands of weapons to fall in the hands of criminals in Mexico that were then used to kill U.S. law enforcement agents.

Well, today a bombshell dropped. It's not just the Justice Department that looks culpable -- it looks like the White House was briefed on the operation as well:

]
At a lengthy hearing on ATF's controversial gunwalking operation today, a key ATF manager told Congress he discussed the case with a White House National Security staffer as early as September 2010. The communications were between ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix office, Bill Newell, and White House National Security Director for North America Kevin O'Reilly. Newell said the two are longtime friends. The content of what Newell shared with O'Reilly is unclear and wasn't fully explored at the hearing.

the full story can be found here
CBS

the response from the Obama admin was as expected...

Today, a White House spokesman said the email was not about Fast and Furious, but about other gun trafficking efforts. The spokesman also said he didn't know what Newell was referring to when he said he'd spoken to O'Reilly about Fast and Furious.

President Obama has said neither he nor Attorney General Eric Holder authorized or knew about the operation. Holder has asked the Inspector General to investigate.

a White House spokesman said the email was not about Fast and Furious, but about other gun trafficking efforts... Yeah right... he was talking about that "Other" gun running scandal.... P.L.E.A.S.E. give us some credit for not being that gullible

edit on 28-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yeah, that other gun smuggling opperation called Castaway down in Florida.
I hope they nail these cornholes to the wall, but sadly, I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yup prepare for the spin cycle! As much as I would love for this to take down the high & mighty, the medias complicity with the administration means we will get nothing out of this. The coverage has been sparse and too many in the media gloss over this administrations mistakes.

Congressional investigators obtained an email from Newell to O'Reilly in September of last year in which Newell began with the words: "you didn't get this from me."

Yea that tells us what we wanted to know and protects the higher ups. A little more in depth as to what was said precisely might do. What was in those e-mails could be the deal breaker and call out the lies of "we didn't know".

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
S&F

Thank you for keeping this issue in front of everyone with the ever more revealing spiral of news.

IMO, this will go to the top and end up being far more damaging to the obama administration than his handling of the budget/debt crisis.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just like Watergate, the Iran-Contra junk, the day one hard on for war from Dubya, and a list a mile long of other scandals...this will disappear. Even if anyone is held accountable, they will be pardoned by the next administration. I'm so sick of this dog and pony show.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The best of whats going on right now is that the whole damn nation is learning that these bozos are all chronical liers and the BS never stops rolling from their frothing lips.
The whole world is getting a lesson on how these creeps run their goverments, full of stupid very ordinary self serving people.
When it all comes off and the lights come on they are very small people indeed.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

We can only hope! Sadly it seems that by and large with few exceptions the media will not question Obama or his administration. Even FOX News does not seem to be interested in this treasonous act by a sitting President of the United States and his administration. As much as I want to see this become Obama's Watergate it doesent look like it will happen

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, well, what do we have here?

Obama Regime Intimidates Witnesses to Gunrunning Outrage

The Obama administration sought to intimidate witnesses into not testifying to Congress on Tuesday about whether ATF knowingly allowed weapons, including assault rifles, to be “walked” into Mexico, the chairman of a House committee investigating the program said in an interview Monday.

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell E. Issa, California Republican, said at least two scheduled witnesses expected to be asked about a controversial weapons investigation known as “Fast and Furious” received warning letters from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to limit their testimony.

Mr. Issa’s committee is set to hear testimony from six current or former ATF employees, including agents and attaches assigned to the bureau’s offices in Mexico, about the operation — in which, federal agents say, they were told to stand down and watch as guns flowed from U.S. dealers in Arizona to violent criminals and drug cartels in Mexico.

Tip: Moonbattery

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks Again, Daddy, F&S again!
This is starting to wake up lifelong friends who have been tossing
and turning. I think TPTB's nightmare is about to kiss them good
morning UP CLOSE and IMPERSONAL.
This is huge because there's getting to be less places to hide with
this last hookup to the White House. You may agree Barry's just
about out of friends except for that wall of bread and circus media.
And it's starting to look to everyone like nobody can be this stupid.
"We were just incompetently following orders" isn't gettin' it anymore.
Now what's all this about a massive recall in another thread in here?
Is there an initiative in the house, Doctor ? Like before, this thread URL
and links are going out to everybody on my mailing list. If we can just
slide back the lid a little further on this sarcophagus of suck, we got em.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Heads will roll, just like with Iran-contra!

...Uh... wait a minute...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Has anyone thought that maybe the debt ceiling controversy has been a rather successful attempt to draw media attention away from the Fast and Furious scandal?

If this is the case, then it must go all the way back to the PROTUS - to be able garner such a high profile media distraction event.

'Wag the dog'
To 'wag the dog' means to purposely divert attention from what would otherwise be of greater importance, to something else of lesser significance. By doing so, the lesser-significant event is catapulted into the limelight, drowning proper attention to what was originally the more important issue.

edit on 29-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Place holding post for my morning reading.

S&F for my brother-in-arms for keeping us a up to date so well.

Semper Fi DaddyBare

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Remember a failed sting operation is more newsworthy than openly supporting terrorist.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Funny thing is I served under Oliver l. North
way back when he was a newly commissioned Major Camp Lejeune 3rd Bn 8th Marines... that was back in the very early 80's I guess,,,

Everyone calls him Colonel but you know he was never a full bird... only made Lieutenant Colonel before he got busted....

I only bring this up because I want you to think about one thing... what makes anyone think a Major then a Lite Colonel would have the authority to sanction and orchestrate something like Iran-contra????

naw he was a little fish... a scape goat... wounder who be this scandals Olly??
edit on 29-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Place holding post for my morning reading.

S&F for my brother-in-arms for keeping us a up to date so well.

Semper Fi DaddyBare

while your enjoying your morning cup of Joe....
go read this thread too...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
kind of highlights how responsible gun owners don't need new laws or cockamamie plans to create them... we do just fine watching each others backs without government interference..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
29 flags and only a few comments? WTF?

This conclusively links the White House to the scandal. I hope Issa and Grassley hold onto this like a dog with a bone.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My question is... If these perported letters indeed did make it into the hands of these 2 witnesses, WHY AREN'T EITHER OF THEM BEING PUBLISHED FOR ~ALL~ TO SEE!!?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Sorry for the lateness of my reply
but there is a published paper trail
I have tried to upload them to this site but the formatting makes them unreadable if I resize to fit
Click here to read those released papers

new topics

top topics

join