It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happened above the skies of Neumayer station in Antarctica?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

It's working fine:

www.awi.de...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thank you for the link, I'll watch that webcam.

In the meantime I watched the video again. Some things seems clearer now, while others are still bothering me.
First, I agree, lots of lens flares in it.
Second, the 'pulsing" light underneath the station could be just wind and snow covering and uncovering an ordinary light.
I noticed that the brightness of lights is very strong, explainable by the quality of the camera used.
Then I figured out that the top flash could be an opened door.

But why is the light reflected behind the station, if the door opens toward the front?

And then this one cannot be a door anymore:

Next I noticed that the thing supposed to be the sun cannot be the sun since the surroundings gets darker as it rise; it's more logical to assume it's the moon. Or something else....

and later....

But if it's the moon, why so bright?

And THIS could be a planet, or the moon?

There are some more anomalies with the light direction; in my opinion the lens flares are the least strange things in this video....My overall opinion: Nibiru? No way! Maybe some UFO activity,(I wish!) or even more probably, some secret project we're not supposed to know about.
Think I'll watch it again

edit on 29-7-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well fortunately, I don't need to have ATS members approval of my professional abilities. The fact that I am responsible for the images on a 100 million dollar film that many of the ATS members will be flocking to is confirmation enough of my knowledge of lens flares et al.

When exactly does the anomaly light up the ground outside the station? I didn't see any direct relation to the anomaly and ground illumination. What I did see was a lens flare from a light source that illuminated the ground.
I also saw lots of light sources that were overexposed due to automatic irises.

If you are asserting that the planet/moon looking object in the sky was in fact real and not a lens flare, please explain to me how it is that it is visible through the physical structure as it comes up from the horizon. Also, where did it go as it climbed higher into the sky and then disappeared? It should have had at least one more if not two more appearances along its path before it reached the edge of the frame.

I'm sorry if this is disappointing for you, but, there just isn't anything there that is beyond a reasonable explanation by simple optic and photographic processes.

Here is a little demonstration you can do for yourself to experience the overexposure:Take your camera outside at night and adjust the iris so that the areas in the dark are visible. Make sure that there is a normally illuminated window and a bare light source in the shot as well. You'll see that the light sources "go nuclear" when exposed in order for the dark areas to be exposed properly.

Now for a lens flare:
Take your camera to a darkened area and have a helper hold a flashlight at an angle to your lens a few yards away. look for the lens flare on the opposite side of the frame from the source. Have him/her move the light around and you will see the flare following the light inversely in the frame. Try different focal lengths of your lenses for different results.

I hope this helps you understand a little better and makes you more able to view things armed with a little more knowledge. Believe me, I would love for there to be some photographic evidence of these things we talk about here. I just see too many things that can be easily explained away. Knowledge is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's bright due to exposure settings for the camera - you'll notice how the footage is in black and white at night-time, presumably the camera automatically changes it's settings per time of day / light / dark . Notice that you can see lots of stars, so a specific mode of operation would allow for this - as opposed to playing with exposure times to take a decent shot of the night sky normally. It's the camera equivalent of sitting in a dark room, your eyes get adjusted to the light then someone shines a big light and so on.

that so-called "brown dwarf" or whatever other names they call it is merely a reflection on the lens. take the video's position and take it backa few seconds and you can see it faintly over the building (unless of course, it's so bright that it shines through walls
) , as the moon passes, the reflection moves also.

Sometimes the most obvious explanation IS the most obvious explanation.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Duplicate Thread Closed

Original Threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join