It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happened above the skies of Neumayer station in Antarctica?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Something strange or unusual event above the skies of Neumayes Station in Antarctica. Some strange behavior by the personnel of the base. Why are they wearing Radioactive/Biological Suits? What are the strange lights that appear suddenly near the structure? What really happened?
Please watch in full screen.

Any link with this solar anomaly?

edit on 28-7-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
IMHO they are probably on the verge of discovering an ancient civilisation (which they will no doubt cover up) underneath the ice of Antarctica otherwise they wouldn't require a massive drill.

www.wired.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The object is illuminated on the opposite side to where the sun is and at 17.50 as he says on the vid the object can be seen in front of the cabin, its lens reflection , without a doubt...But appart from that i think there is about 4 threads on this vid now.
edit on 28-7-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not sure exactly...but here is an update from the OP video dated July 16, 2011

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

1. Question, if it is a large celestial body HOW HOW HOW is it possible for it to only be see from one specific area of Earth and remain invisible to the rest of the planet???

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
reply to post by Arken

1. Question, if it is a large celestial body HOW HOW HOW is it possible for it to only be see from one specific area of Earth and remain invisible to the rest of the planet???

True, it would be seen from almost the entire southern hemisphere.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There may be a few interesting unexplainable phenomenon's in the whole video, but this guy is chasing lens flares, mainly the one about 13 min into the video, You can see it pass over the corner of the station as it moves the the left and as the sun moves the flare gets brighter as it passes out of view of the camera.

As far as the bright reflection on the right side of the station could it be some local lighting? theirs more structures at this station than just the living quarters. I'm not sure their really is anything going on out of the ordinary in this video. I played it over and over though multiple filters myself a month or so ago when if first was posted.

Wish it was more credible
But i think its a fail.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Pegasus2000 because: time correction

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would be amazed to see an actual UFO in this footage but all I really get is some lense flare and a rant from a guy who doesn't seem that credible. The pictures are long-exposure at 10 minute intervals. How can someone extrapolate seeing a brown dwarf when the image is clearly seen in front of the Neumeyer station before it is prominently in the sky? Although it might seem interesting, I don't think this is cause to scream "look there it is!"

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
c'mon, pulsating light?...could the answer be cloud density? maybe partial aurora borealis? maybe a litttle more research is needed.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Originally posted by Watts
reply to post by Arken

True, it would be seen from almost the entire southern hemisphere.

....And yet this simple and obvious question will continue to be ignored to maintain the debate on a non-story.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Again I have to burst Donny's bubble with this and go with, a lens flare. If any of you know me, you'll remember I work in film production on set, and one of my jobs is to set flags on set to avoid lens flares, so I am VERY familiar with all types of flares as I look specifically for them on the monitors before each, well, most shots.

One of the give aways on this one is that the anomally appears to come up from the horizon in FRONT of the building. Dead give away there.
Secondly, the anomally disappears entirely before it progresses out of the screen in what would be its logical path. This is because the source has moved to a place where there is no direct rays interacting with the lens elements reflecting and refracting inside the lens assembly (which is what a lens flare is caused by) and producing the anomally.

Also, addressing the issue of the bright ,pulsating light under the station, I believe that it is a source from on the ground below, and obscured by, the large snow drifft in the foreground. I don't think it is actually pulsating, but instead seems to be because of the automatic iris in the camera adjusting to varying light levels and causing the light source to overexpose to different degrees. The auto iris is, I believe, why the different saturation levels appear in the images. The low saturated sequences are when the moon is shining or when the atmosphere is thick and overcast or snowing and the iris is opened up fully and trying to get as much information as possible from the low light levels. Conversly, the clear daytime light has plenty of light and color information for the image processor to work with.

Lastly, when he puts the solarization filter on in order to point out a ship following the sun, it is simply another lens flare causing an area of overexposure. Overexposure is simply zero image information coming from the camera sensor due to too much stimulation from the light source. Applying the solarization filter effect does nothing except highlight any areas of overexposure.

I really believe Donny is probably a straight up guy and is just a little over zealous about these things. I honestly don't think of him as any type of hoaxer. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

If any of you know me, you'll remember I work in film production on set, and one of my jobs is to set flags on set to avoid lens flares, so I am VERY familiar with all types of flares as I look specifically for them on the monitors before each, well, most shots.

Lens flare???
Illuminate the terrain all around the base?
No offense at all.... but.... if you are a presumed expert in this field..... it's time to change your job.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Its Planet X
it looks like a moon in the video but it isnt.
And its no lens flare to see it look where the trailer Building look on he left side.

at 13:20 you can clearly see this round object on top of the station it self and then it moves into the sky keeping the same diameter and path

edit on 29-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

i thought it was cool.

something was lighting up the area.

that thing that looked like a moon was neat also. could it have been the moon?

the only thing about that was, it looked illuminated from the right hand side.

don't know what to make of the guys in the suits. i might be wrong but why need sub zero bio-hazard suits?

unless they were not bio-hazard just cool subzero armani's.

i'm not sure how the sun shines in Antarctica since it's tilted the opposite from the arctic.

very interesting vid, non the less.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

well, it all looks pretty ordinary to me.

But, if we are to make a determination, we need some more footage and information.

1) what is the full backstory to this place? i frankly havent heard of it until this "incident."
2) where is this ultra high def camera? Is it normally filmed? How was this film obtained?
3) if this camera is always there, can we see footage from a normal day/night to compare?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a webcam feed / archive can be found here -www.travelcams.net...
Interestingly, there is another webcam upon the roof of the station, surely the person who made the video is aware of this and has taken those images as well. ( both camera views can be found here www.awi.de... )

Now are they wearing "radioactive suits". They are more fire entry suit ( www.firefightsystems.com... ) than hazmat. Fire safety drills in the Antarctic ? Common sense ?

A quick trawl on a search engine will present you with all manner of images, some aerial, some concept, in-construction and archived webcam shots so you can compare and contrast.

There is a spotlight that has been mistaken for a second sun. ( seriously? ), illuminated smoke / steam from a chimney being reported as an explosion. Misinterpretations. The base , like most Antarctic installations, is on stilts / legs. There are containers and such like underneath. For safety reasons these areas are illuminated by lighting. Do an image search for the station, you'll see all manner of photos from different perspectives.

Without seeing the original, untampered images from that date I am firmly in the lens flare camp as that is what it looks like. I've had all manner of cheap cameras over the years and that is what happens when the sun gets in the way (apart from one camera that liked to represent the sun as being black)

People will see what they want to see and thus in the face of reason and common sense, they will stick to their guns regardless of how far fetched their reasoning is

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by afgang

at 13:20 you can clearly see this round object on top of the station it self and then it moves into the sky keeping the same diameter and path

Common Sense tells me that you should watch at 13:20 for the dwarf planet object to left, where that pyramid is standing near the building.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I assume you mean the one that magically materialises from in front of the station at around the 13.18 mark ?

a lens reflection, flare, call it what you will. That is what it is.
It appears again if you watch www.youtube.com... (search for " Neumayer-Station am Südpol " in case it doesn't embed - at 34 seconds, this time in front of the station.
now, if you look at the current archived pictures, www.awi.de... and use the controls to forward to 18:00 and 18:10 you will see lens flares again.

there are many videos of the station's webcam feeds, and lens flares / reflections can be seen in quite a few of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The search function isn't there just for looks...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There are too many strange things in this footage to dismiss them as a "lens flare all the way". Flashes, lights and shadows where they shouldn't be, and so on. Maybe not Nibiru, but something definitely weird it's going on there.
I need to see it again; S&f for an amazing find.

To me it seems like the light beneath the station is somehow connected with the moon looking thing; and it just seems to rise from it, in front of the station, quite transparent until it's against the dark sky.

And just in case someone wondered, the live webcam from Antartica it's offline

ANTARCTICA FOOTAGE : www.awi.de-NM..._WebCam-livemovieT.html

So nothing to see here, people, move along.
edit on 29-7-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join