It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit filed vs NATO regarding Libya bombing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Lawsuit filed vs NATO regarding Libya bombing.

www.kansascity.com

Attorneys have filed a civil lawsuit in Belgium accusing NATO of killing 13 civilians, including 3 children, by bombing a residential compound of a former government official in Libya.

Marcel Ceccaldi, a Paris-based lawyer, said Thursday he also has asked the Brussels District Court to send two experts to Libya to assess physical and psychological damage from the attack near Tripoli in June so that he can determine what monetary compensation to seek from NATO.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
War On Terrorism

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Now what? NATO is really getting screwed in Libya due to accidental bombing of civilians. Now NATO was force to overstep the UN mandates by giving away their money to the rebels in order to fight back Gaddafi. Now NATO Is targeting targets instead of protecting civilians.

Heck first France armed the rebels despite the UN mandate did not say it, German gives Euros to rebels and now Austria is doing the same thing. just to find a way to get out. What were NATO thinking?

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
These are not bombings.

They are "kinetic events" no?

There should be warcrimes international arrest warrents for NATO heads.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Don't play along NATO propaganda, don't call it accidental, how the hell do you know it is accidental? NATO has the most sophisticated targeting technology in the world, don't call it accidental like the Zionists do every time they mass murder Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

ok i agree tough.....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Progressive Radio News Hour . This podcast starts out with a reporter on the ground in tripoli talking about what the news reporters are doing and what they are not reporting www.progressiveradionetwork.com/the-progressive-news-hour/ you will have to copy and paste the link ...the interview is at the start of the show ..peace
edit on 28-7-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

And how the hell do you know its not? How do we know they werent killed by government / rebel forces and this guy is just blaming NATO in order to cash out?

While I enjoy your posts, you really need to get off your soapbox when it comes to anything West related while completely ignoring the other side of the story.

Besides, it doesnt take sophisticated weapons to kill.. Hamas, Fatah, Hezzbolla, Palestinians and fake extremist who claim to be Muslim while killing in the name of Allah certainly have killed their fair share of innocent Israelis, as well as their own people when its convient for propoganda purposes.

The ICC arrest warrant for anyone in the Libyan government is illegal and a violation of their own charter since Libya is not a signatory to it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I never said whether they killed those civilians intentionally or not, that's why I said don't play along NATO propaganda, note their propaganda says that they did kill them, but "accidentally".

That is where the important point comes in to add doubt to their claim, there is no doubt that they killed them, but there is doubt to whether they are telling the truth regarding intentions. Since they have the most sophisticated guided weapon system in the world, it puts doubt to their propaganda.

The arrest warrant is a joke no doubt.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That's the problem with the UN and the ICC. Didn't you remember when UN ignored the Rwanda Genocide in 1994 and prevent other nations to rescue the Rwanda civilians? That's how i remember it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

That's the problem with the UN and the ICC. Didn't you remember when UN ignored the Rwanda Genocide in 1994 and prevent other nations to rescue the Rwanda civilians? That's how i remember it.

Well, then it would stand to reason you'd be glad this is an example of a UN mandate authorizing actual action.

Not saying that's my position, just pointing out it is the logical conclusion of yours. For years now, many been complaining that UN Resolutions have no 'teeth'. Now, here is an example of the UN actually doing something about one of these dictators propped up by the West. This is what you are asking for, isn't it?

I'm sure the oil companies who have been in Libya for a while now, (like Halliburton, BP, among others) would rather have a cozy relationship with Gaddaffi than have to deal with an actual government in Libya. They enjoy record profits, but now have to deal with unexpected quarterly losses because of this pesky 'war'. If NATO had just stayed out of the way, Gadaffi could have squashed the petty uprising and company profits would ave continued to soar! Alas, now they may have to deal with a government that doesnt allow the to do whatever they want, at a minimal price.

In other words, it would suit the oil companies better to just leave Gadaffi in charge, even if he rules rather violently.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The site they were at was targeted, but the other people present outside of Gadhafi were not. Its being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The guy makes the argument it was a civlian target that was hit. The problem is the UN mandate allows NATO to use force against any libyan target. In this case, when hostilities started, Gadhafi stopped being the leader of Libya and became the Commander in Chief of the military, making him a valid militry target (command and control).

Under UN defitinons Mosques, Churches etc are considered civilian and out of bads for attack. However, if those sites are occupied by soldiers who engage in hostile acts, if they are used to store ammunitions / weapons etc, their protected status is void.

Just like the civilian house Gadhafi was in. The moment he showed up it because a military structure.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Libya is not a dictatorship, nor has the Libyan government been propped up by the West. So many are completely ignorant of the Libyan governing system, it isn't like the Western Democracies where you vote for 4 years of dictatorship.

I hope you take the time to do you research and find out how their governing system works, and hope you finally figure out that Qaddafi has no official post in the Libyan governing system.
edit on 28-7-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yes, killing civilians is legal, I see your argument. I'm not gonna argue with you here, this isn't a war, this was suppose to be a "wink, wink" "nudge, nudge" saving civilian operation, remember? But forget it, there is no point arguing about how legal it is to kill innocent women and children in the name of saving innocent women and children.

That being said, once again, Qaddafi holds no official post in the Libyan governing system. They simply want him dead, they wanted him dead before is well, remember this is just a dejavu:

This is not about him giving up power, that's absurd, he holds no position in the Libyan government, what is he suppose to give up? This is just an attempt to destroy the Libyan governing system, a governing system that looks like the next phase in the evolution of Democracy. Many Westerners will confess that representative governing system has clearly failed, the people merely vote for someone to represent them, obviously that was eventually gonna fail because those who represent you hold their own interests above yours, which brings us to the current mess up where Europeans and Americans are ever more irritated, and some European countries even attempting revolutions calling for real Democracy.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

Libya is not a dictatorship, nor has the Libyan government been propped up by the West. So many are completely ignorant of the Libyan governing system, it isn't like the Western Democracies where you vote for 4 years of dictatorship.

You're right. Unlike int he west, Gadaffi has been in power since 1969! But sure, he doesn't call himself a 'dictator'"

. Gadaffi took power in a military coup in 1969. He has been in power since. He may cal it a 'Democracy' and may change his honorary title, but the man has been in power since 1969!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Gaddafi has done a lot of bad thing in the past since he came into power. However he pretty much change after 1990s like throwing out his WMDs, condemning the 9/11 attacks, and even cooperate with US to fight terrorism. Even he expelled Palestinians out of his country.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What an absolutely idiotic tactic! You can NEVER and I mean N.E.V.E.R gain control over land by using air-power alone (Short of nuking of course). CAS is fine but you need boots on the ground and communicate WELL with those troops in order to maximize efficiency and minimize "Collateral damage".
Every officer knows this!
Force-projection with only air-power will cause too much unintended damage.

Why not Speccy-ops + air-power? Cus then it will be over too soon and certain people wouldn't make as much money on the bloodshed as they are making now

I hope that the families win and at least get some form of justice.

IT--

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

So you are demanding MORE boots on the ground than the current intelligence agencies and the actual people fighting? Like who? US troops? The UK?

Also, companies like Halliburton and BP are currently LOSING money due to the conflict there. It would have suited their bottom line to allow Gadaffi to deal with this himself quickly and brutally, without outside intervention.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well what he's saying is that air-power alone isn't going to help as much.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Clear example of ignorance, what do you mean by power? Every country has its own governing system, and every country's governing system is slightly different than another, Libya's governing system is one of the most unique ones, one that threatens the Western failed representative dictatorships.

I bet you can't even deny that Western Representative Democracy in essence is a dictatorship, the difference, you choose the dictator for a period of time.

That being said, in Libya it is completely different, the system is based on mass participation in the decision making of the governmental activities. Unlike in the West where it is a gamble, you just vote and hope for the best, when the worst comes, you just have to wait it out. In Libya everyone participates, and continually participate.

Qaddafi holds no position, he has no true power, does he have influence, F yeah, he is the revolutionary leader, he is like Gandhi of Libya, he is like Mandela of Libya, people will respect him and people love him, but he officially holds no power. The country's responsibility is given to different general people's committees which are built by the people, there are over 2000 of them.

It is ignorant people like you who are always the main energy source for these wars of aggression, deny ignorance and go learn about the Libyan governing system. And stop living in a universe where you think that everyone wants to live and be governed like you.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

I bet you can't even deny that Western Representative Democracy in essence is a dictatorship, the difference, you choose the dictator for a period of time.

So you admit then that Gadaffi is a dictator, then.

That being said, in Libya it is completely different, the system is based on mass participation in the decision making of the governmental activities. Unlike in the West where it is a gamble, you just vote and hope for the best, when the worst comes, you just have to wait it out. In Libya everyone participates, and continually participate.

Source?

It is ignorant people like you who are always the main energy source for these wars of aggression, deny ignorance and go learn about the Libyan governing system. And stop living in a universe where you think that everyone wants to live and be governed like you.

I'm not sure how you get me questioning your unsubstantiated claims as support for NATO, but that seems to be a familiar theme on ATS these days.

IF you want me to 'learn about Libya', then how about supplying some of the sources for these various claims you are making?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join