It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APNewsBreak: Arctic scientist under investigation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
These claims of wrong doing are coming from Union of Concerned Scientists. Guess who is on the Koch Brothers payroll Brenda Ekwurzel of Union of Concerned Scientists. I knew something was fishy when they target a story from 2004.

www.billionairesteaparty.com...

Dr Brenda Ekwurzel
A climate scientist and Assistant Director of Climate
Research and Analysis with the Union Of Concerned
Scientists.

edit on 29-7-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Update: Seriously, don't jump to conclusions

www.journaltimes.com...

The recent suspension of Alaska wildlife biologist Charles Monnett is unrelated both to an article that he wrote about presumably drowned Arctic polar bears and to his scientific work, a federal official said Friday.

The director of the U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Enforcement and Regulation, told agency staff in Alaska via email that it instead was the result of new information on a separate subject that was recently brought to officials' attention.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, it also says this a bit farther down...

Documents provided by the watchdog group showed questioning by investigators earlier this year focused on the polar bear observations that Monnett and researcher Jeffrey Gleason made in 2004. But the group's executive director, Jeff Ruch, said investigators have not yet told Monnett of the specific charges or questions related to the scientific integrity of his work.

BUT, that questioning was earlier in the year, and, in tandem with the statement that this isn't about the Polar Bears, it's a pretty safe bet that the questioning was ended to the investigators' satisfaction, or at least to their inability to find any holes, depending on their own agenda.

And in fairness, the official could have been lying. Which is me taking my own advice and not reaching a conclusion before it's decided.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Solasis because: Made post nicer

<< 1   >>

join