It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weight loss program are you on or use?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I need to loose about 60 lbs, because of a rencent heart condition I was diagnosed with. I need to ease the stress on my heart by reducing body mass. I am about 180lbs and 5'4''. I know, not fat at all really (in my opinion).

So I am wondering what everyone does for their weight loss. Also I am on a shoe string budget.

My excerise already consists of walking a mile a day, and swimming.

I am open to ANY suggestions!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

You sound like you're talking about Gimmicks. Gimmicks don't work. Read this, and you'll be happy for the rest of your life. Also, consult your medical professional about your heart condition and lifting.

www.liamrosen.com...

Language is blunt, but truth is truth. I hope it helps.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well buddy, I'm learning new ways of losing weight myself. All I can say is regular exercise, healthy foods (or less junk food even if you eat a minimal amount anyway) and discipline! (Which is one I'm still trying to learn myself!
)

Try Broccoli soup, (I'm going to make a batch today if I can) easy to make:

allrecipes.co.uk...

Full of goodness, helps metabolise things that little bit faster as well as packs a punch in the immune system

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I would tell you weight watchers really works but your on a budget. But it only costs 40 bucks a month for both online and walk in.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Lots of lean meat and fresh salad.

Also some times people excersise but don't lose weight because they're eating more calories than they are burning.

So always watch the intake. Count calories, to lose weight you have to burn off more calories than you eat.

Eat things with a low G.I , they keep you energetic and full so you dont feel the need to eat for a while.

Also if you have friends around you, invite them to come work out with you. You'll be more motivated and this way you'll stick to the diet because they know about it, and will keep an eye on you if you slip here or there

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
cut carbs and workout a hour each day and eat healthy

to burn more fat i run befor brakefast on an empty stomoch this way your body hits the fat reserve striat away for energy thus burning more fat

worked for me i was almost 18stone ( dont no how the pound system works) and now im 13 stone

5 stone loss in less than 18 months aint bad

good luck and hope you have a full bill of health in the future

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm on the see food diet...
I see food and I eat it..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Stay away from packaged foods, products that contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup (should be in GMO catagory i guess)...

Drink a ton of water; add some fresh lemon, lime, ginger...

Otherwise at whatever you want (as long as it's not fast food or previously mentioned cartoon food) and excerise. Yoga or Tai Chi and walking would probably be perfect to get you started!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
After our second child was born, my wife consulted a weight loss doctor who put her on a form of phentermine. She was the exact same size as you (5'4" / 180lbs) and lost 60 plus pounds in about 6 to 8 months on half a pill a day (doc perscribed a whole pill but this streached out the scrip and saved money while still being effective). Her most common side effects were dry mouth, mild nausea (only in the first moth or two of taking the pill), and hyperactivity (which got a little annoying but the house was really clean .
)

I think total the scrip was $90 for a month supply (which again, by cutting it in half doubled that), but with insurance came to I think around $45. Might be worth talking to your doctor about.
edit on 7/28/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
eat bugger all lol
seriously though
i dont eat brekky
i eat to fuel
ive taught myself how to cope with hunger
and i can still run a couple of miles
albeit sweating like hell lol
but wthat works for me is
1 week fish and pasta
2nd week potatoes veg n chicken

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
if your serious i would recommend P90X its hard but it works, if you stick to the diet plan and the excercises you will see results.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I run three miles a day and drink lots of fresh water (at least 2 liters a day). I eat whole real foods. Real clean meat, real crunchy veggies, real butter, homemade bread...wholesome things. Lots of yogurt and kombucha and earthy things. Running combined with a dance or stretch program (yoga) gives perfect cross training. You can run 3 miles every other day and still maintain caloric burn. Good luck (:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I recently went to a naturopath and had some tests done. The results said I was allergic (I prefer "sensitivities" as opposed to "allergies") to a bunch of foods... all of which I ate on a regular basis. I cut out wheat, dairy, red meat from my diet, stopped drinking and within 2 months had lost almost 20 pounds. If I threw in some exercise and was more strict with my diet, I'm sure that would have been well over 20 pounds.

Most people that I know who have gone to a naturopath have had similar results (it seems a trend these days to be "gluten free" and I hate trends. But something about it works for me) so maybe avoid the costs associated with visiting one and try not eating wheat and move toward a gluten free lifestyle.

Or like someone else said... cut-out carbs and start exercising everyday. That seems to be a proven, non-expensive way to loose weight.

Best of luck!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I will tell you what worked for me
And its nothing major but really you lose pounds weekly!

And guess what! you can eat what you like

All you do is have 3 meals a day!! No snacks inbetween! But you can have those snacks within those 3 meals a day,

A light 20 min walk, or a swim (daily if you can)

And the big one, dont eat past 7pm.

That's it
you will lose about 2/3lbs a week,

My younger sister just tried this over a month and has now lost a Stone! 14lbs and she was overweight,

Give it a go xx

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm with Asala with one exception. Walk daily, just increase the distance every day/week. I made the mistake of taking it up to 9 miles which is unstable and you will quit and I had to see my doctor because my feet were so tore up. Two to three miles daily is a good number for me though every now and then I mix it up ad do five just to keep my body mixed-up.

A food log is really important too. There are several good software solutions or you can use paper but yo won't get the nutritional info or the good feedback. I use www.calorieking.com... it keeps track of food and exercise.
edit on 7/28/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Jorge Cruise diet. Teaches you the foods with hidden sugars, and gives you plenty of food to chose from. You can have any food you want, within reason of course, you have to count your sugars and carbs (chart included). Teaches you healthy alternatives to the foods that are unhealthy. Also includes great recipes. You WILL NOT STARVE on this diet. You can lose 3-4 lbs per week without exercise, more if you do.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If you want to keep it simple, do one of two things:
The white food diet. If it is white, you don't eat. Basically any food that is white isn't good for you adn racks up calories: white bread, flour, sugar

Or the tea cup diet. eat what you want as long as one serving fits in a teacup. And just the one serving.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

#1. Weight is a sum of calorie intake minus calories burned. 3,000 calories is worth about 1 lb. so cut out 6,000 calories a week and you can steadily lose about 2 lbs a week. Don't try to do it all at once. You'll just lose muscle tone. Count calories and plan your meals. Check your weight first thing every morning. You'll see it vary a pound or two but if it's not moving down an average of 2 lbs within a week either increase the exercise or decrease the calorie intake.

#2. Eat your food in smaller more frequent meals. Don't snack between meals, eat lunch in 2 smaller segments.

#3. Drink plenty of water.

#4. As some have noted all foods are not equal. Higher protein, low-fat foods and complex carbs (Yes, I love carbs) take longer for your body to digest and will be less likely to be stored as fat.

#5 Pick one day a week where you don't count calories. Give yourself a break. We're talking about a life-long habit not a quick fix here so be reasonable. If you eat good most of the week you can eat half a cake some times and it's okay.

#6 Make better bad choices. So you absolutely feel like you need to eat something. Try something like eating un-shelled sunflower seeds. You'll get the satisfaction of eating without the 250 - 300 calories you get from normal snacks.

Will you be hungry some times? Probably so but it's more mental than anything. You're not going to have stomach cramps or unhealthy side effects. Most of the time when you eat out of hunger you could just as easily do an activity to get your mind off of food. You're probably just bored. Once you realize this is more a mental game than a physical one you're on your way to being more healthy.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
My younger sister just tried this over a month and has now lost a Stone!

You British are funny. Why do you carry rocks around with you?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wow, Thanks everyone so much for your input! So many do-able ideas, I may have to combine ideas and go from there! Extream cardio is out for now, since I have the heart thing, but I will step up my walking, and kick my sugar/chocolate habbit.
Thanks again and keep the ideas coming! I'm excited!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join