It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul comments on the debt ceiling, Boehner bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ron Paul was just on FoxNews, commenting on the debt situation and the Boehner bill (he will vote 'no').

I have to say, the more I see this guy, the more I think he might be the best hope to get our country back on track. I love his honesty, as brutal as it may be.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well he did vote no on every single one of the stimulas packages so it's not surprising he would be against this I guess. It appears to me that he doesn't seem to want to comprimise much and either have it his way or not at all.

www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

It's a FACT that simply cutting spending without raising revenues won't fix the problem...or save the economy from total collapse. Sadly, the GOP and Tea Party are obviously too dumb (or bought) to realize this, and the democrats are too weak (and bought) to do anything about it. Happy times

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The reason Ron Paul votes 'No' is because he sees the BS happening and has seen it for almost 3 decades. Mainstream wants to make him seem like he is 'out there' and a nut, but when anyone is confronted by him they crumple and almost switch to his side. The reason for this is because he is smacking people in face with the truth, the harsh reality of things that are, were and will be. We are waking up as the precession continues, and he sees that. After speaking with hundreds of people, everyday Americans, The vast majority support his ideas and think very much along the lines he does, with some exceptions regarding religion and legalizing all drugs.

What has surprised me is the number of young, African-American liberal democrats (self-confessed) which I have spoken to about his policies and have began to support Ron! If Ron can garner even a minor percentage of the same voters who voted for Obama in 2008 to vote for Ron we may see a big upset. There are simple questions you can ask people that often lead them to look into, and often pledge their support to Ron Paul. Here is a couple that I ask people all the time:

"Which would you prefer, our current income tax and sales tax systems, or a higher flat blanket tax on all goods purchased and no income tax?"

"Should we legalize, regulate and tax all drugs that are currently illegal, allowing states to decide the legality of the substances themselves, much like gambling and prostitution are today?"

"Which do you prefer, holding money that is backed by tangible gold and silver assets, or fiat play paper money that an unregulated, private group of families gets to tell you is worth, thereby gaining indirect control of your assets?"

"Do you want a rational, logical president that through actions, and not just words, has proven his interest is in the well being of the American people instead of his party or special interest groups?"

"Do you believe we should police the world and financially support groups and nations that are our open and vocal enemies?"

"Shall we, the United States of America, lead international relations with an iron fist, or lead as a shining example for the rest of the world to reference via domestic policy and substainable growth?"

" Which do you think works best for you, you taking care of yourself with a larger resource base to do so, or a bloated federal system that says it know whats best for you, even though they know nothing about you?"

I could go on, but these tend to be real thought provokers. Unfortunately it doesn't matter, Ron paul is going to have to fight tooth and nail to even get some air time as the "puppet masters" (did that scare you, it should) of our corporations and government will never let a man like him take the reigns. This election will be one for the history books, and will either unite the country, or ignite a civil war.

Same as it ever was....

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

What's interesting is that Paul is now being included in MSM polls, and is actually climbing. Yet, the anchors cover all the other candidates, but not him. The media is really pushing Romney, but he just seems like the flipside of Obama and seems like a real arrogant bigot.

What's even more interesting is that yesterday on CNN they said Romney is already focused on the general election. I find it irritating that he's so sure of himself that he's not even thinking about the GOP primary.
edit on 28-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by mossme89

It's a FACT that simply cutting spending without raising revenues won't fix the problem...

Raising revenues has already been accomplished when BO and dems crammed Obamacare down America's craw despite overwhelming opposion from the public. These job- killing taxes beginning next year will continue to surpress the economy enough without adding new "balance" solutions to the major spending cuts desperately needed.
Interesting that the big labor bosses pushing Obamacare are now getting "exemption waivers" for their own union -run healthcare plans. They now claim "unaffordable". I want a waiver too.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GeoSorosReptilian

I'm not talking about taxing the people! At least not 99% of them. I'm talking about taxing the 1% who owns 95% (!!!) of the country's wealth, and the giant corporations making BILLIONS in profits without paying a single cent in taxes, while the rest of us has to pay taxes. Even worse, they claim those tax incentives allows them to offer more jobs...in reality, they've been firing more people for years, even before the crisis.

new topics

top topics

join