It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trial AGAINST Anders Breivik will have to WAIT until 2012.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi,

Translation start:

The indictment against the terrorist Anders Behring Breivik, who has at least 76 lives on his conscience after Friday's terrorist attack in Norway, can earliest be ready by year-end. It says the Norwegian Attorney General Tor-Aksel Busch to NRK.

"The indictment will not be ready before the turn, it is the starting point. Then we see how far we are into the next year," he says. This will allow the trial of the now in custody right-winged extremist to start but hardly as quickly as some Norwegians might wish.

"It's a laborious job, and I hope people understand that. Out of respect for the dead and their relatives must he be held accountable for each killing. It requires a lot of documentation," is the explanation from Tor-Aksel Busch.

Prosecutions expect that the case can be initiated by the court in 2012.

"We hope to conduct a major debate in the court during the next year," said Tor-Aksel Busch.

Nearly a week after the bomb explosion in Oslo and the massacre of Utøya have the police and the prosecutors not yet fully oversight of the case.

"It is important that we have sufficient quality investigations in relation to each individual who is dead. What I think we owe them," says the attorney general to NRK.

The police investigation team is to check both Utøya and the government district of evidence. All to find out what exactly happened.

Normally you can after the Norwegian Criminal Code section terrorist maximum imprisonment of 21 years, which is the harshest punishment in the country, but the prosecutor is considering whether Anders Behring Breivik should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity instead.

That would mean imprisonment for up to 30 years.

"Clearly we will evaluate it carefully. In this phase we are in now, we are not sure what to do, says Tor-Aksel Busch.

Source: nyhederne.tv2.dk...:retssagen-mod-breivik-må-vente-til-2012.html

Translation ended.

So what do you guys think? – Is 30 years even enough? – Are we being to nice to the little terrorist? – I sure as H… think so.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
30 years for ending all those lives is just shocking; he should get one year for each person killed, or the
cumulative ages of those he killed. It's apparent from the information already known that this person would be a risk if released at any time; I hate to say it, but perhaps this is one instance where the death penalty would be better for everyone - that said, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

I feel for those that will have to judge him, and how they'll be judged by the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peteos
30 years for ending all those lives is just shocking; he should get one year for each person killed, or the
cumulative ages of those he killed. It's apparent from the information already known that this person would be a risk if released at any time; I hate to say it, but perhaps this is one instance where the death penalty would be better for everyone - that said, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

I feel for those that will have to judge him, and how they'll be judged by the world.

Hi,

So if I understand you correctly, you think the punishment is actually redicules?

If you do I tend to agree.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

I do indeed. Last time I saw the death count it was at around 70~odd; one year for each life ended still seems like a light sentence, but it's more fitting than the 30 years they're looking at currently. I don't think we have anywhere near the whole picture yet though, so it's hard to take a stance on it; no matter what, this process will be dragged out in the public forum until we're all sick to the back teeth of it which is something I'm not looking forward to, for the sake of those that lost their loved ones.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Foreign influence...that's why they are going to take awhile to research what occurred.

One thing I read is that he dipped the bullets in a very potent toxin...which is why everyone that was shot, died.

Even a non-mortal wound, led to death. The guy did his research...or ....foreign influence.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Foreign influence...that's why they are going to take awhile to research what occurred.

One thing I read is that he dipped the bullets in a very potent toxin...which is why everyone that was shot, died.

Even a non-mortal wound, led to death. The guy did his research...or ....foreign influence.

Ha ha ha

Ye we are pretty smart here in Scandinavia. However why wasn´t more people killed? - He had plenty of time. I think I would have killed more with all that planning.

Please link where you read that about the toxin, I need it for another post I´ll try to create a total overview when I have all the facts. Thank you.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
...i dont approve of the AGAINST in your thread title... doesnt matter if it originated with the article - its improper because it indicates he's already been found guilty...

...about the possible sentencing... your concepts are baseless and thats been brought to our attention numerous times by norweigians on other threads... i reckon they know their laws better than those of us who dont live there...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...i dont approve of the AGAINST in your thread title... doesnt matter if it originated with the article - its improper because it indicates he's already been found guilty...

...about the possible sentencing... your concepts are baseless and thats been brought to our attention numerous times by norweigians on other threads... i reckon they know their laws better than those of us who dont live there...

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

The only thing I do is finding and translateing the information from the biggest news site in Denmark. (wwwnyhederne.tv2.dk...) Directly linked with both aftenposten.no and aftenbladet.se (Norway and Sweden).

Without mentioning it, I live 5 kilometers from the Norweigen border and have done so for more than 6 years now with my wife. I been to Norway 120 times or so in that period of time and I work with Norweigen people debating this a lot.

I nearly live there atleast. Anyway, the laws and the sentences I am forwarding, is actually based on pretty hard facts. I for instance in other threads (translations, research I made) posted the longest jail time ever given in both Denmark, Norway and Sweden. And yes I said ever.

Also Breivik has already plead guilty.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I thought he plead not guilty ?

the punishment is very misunderstood, if the court deems him a risk to commit more crimes, he can be kept for life. he is their charles manson, a national nightmare, he will never see the light of day again

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

the punishment is very misunderstood, if the court deems him a risk to commit more crimes, he can be kept for life. he is their charles manson, a national nightmare, he will never see the light of day again

He pleaded guilty to the killings but "not guilty" to terrorist charges..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

He pleaded guilty to the killings but "not guilty" to terrorist charges..

Hi,

It feels a little on/off if they are going to use that charge excactly. A lot going on around that man.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

the punishment is very misunderstood, if the court deems him a risk to commit more crimes, he can be kept for life.

...yep, thats what more than a few norweigians posted...

he is their charles manson, a national nightmare, he will never see the light of day again

...anders is charged with actually killing lots of people... charlie never killed anyone (that he got caught for)... i dont want charlie out of prison but i dont see him as a national nightmare, not even close...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

the punishment is very misunderstood, if the court deems him a risk to commit more crimes, he can be kept for life.

...yep, thats what more than a few norweigians posted...

he is their charles manson, a national nightmare, he will never see the light of day again

...anders is charged with actually killing lots of people... charlie never killed anyone (that he got caught for)... i dont want charlie out of prison but i dont see him as a national nightmare, not even close...

manson became the face of evil for a generation, much like breivik

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi again,

I been looking into the subject about Charles Manson.

Unfortunate I am not sure where the cases are connected. I read about Charles Manson on the Wiki and still I fail to see the connection between those two.

Please elaborate me.

new topics

top topics

join