It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. report recommends ending loan guarantees to Israel at end of 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

U.S. report recommends ending loan guarantees to Israel at end of 2011

www.haaretz.com

internal report of the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Department of State recommends terminating the U.S. loan guarantee program to Israel at the end of 2011.

The report, which deals with the performance of the U.S. embassy in Israel, says American diplomats have difficulty mustering support for
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think this is great news, but for all the wrong reasons though. You would figure with all the "debt" the USA has that they would stop loaning and giving away billions of dollars to Israel and other war mongering countries immediately. I wonder if the Israeli government is going to cause a fuss. I can see them threatening blackmail behind closed doors. The last administration that publically insulted Israel was JKF and we all know what happened to him. I wonder what this will lead to, we shall wait and see.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Also from the first article...

One of the main issues the OIG team dealt with on its visit in Tel Aviv was the loan guarantee package the United States granted Israel in 2002. The Americans gave Israel loan guarantees of up to $9 billion in world banks to help its economy over the recession. A condition of the guarantees was that Israel would not use the money for construction in the settlements. The OIG report says the embassy "devotes considerable time to monitoring Israel's compliance with conditions in the loan guarantee agreements," especially as the program has "accomplished its purpose - stabilizing Israel's economy."

Screw Israel's economy. War vets are starving in the streets, kids are going hungry, schools and other infrastructure lack the funds to operate. But they still have money to give Israel. USA economy should come first!
edit on 28-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's about time the US stopped being Isreal's beepideebleep.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Don't get too excited.

The OIG is nothing, the real problem is a Congress full of Israel Firsters.

Nothing will change, unless we get rid of them "first".

JR

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

You make a good point. I failed to even think of that when I posted this news. Your reply reminds me of that long lasting standing ovation Netanyahu got a couple months back. It almost seems that this announcement is purely theatrics. Even though I agree with you and hope this story has some truth to it, I doubt anything will come of it. Cheers.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Of course we should stop giving aide to countries and institutions across the globe, and I have a great idea to get at least some aide to the poor. All those companies with overseas manufacturing and business presence that skip out on taxes here can help support the slave labor they keep in those countries. They could either fund some kind of entitlement programs or raise wages to some kind of living standard. I'm ok spending a few more dollars on goods if it means someone across the globe can get a decent meal.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

They could either fund some kind of entitlement programs

Really?
We just never learn.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

Koch backs GOP candidate to ‘send Obama message’ on Israel
By GIL SHEFLER, JPOST CORRESPONDENT
07/28/2011 03:32

Former NY mayor breaks ranks with Democrats, urges people to punish White House for Israel police by voting for Republican for House seat.
Talkbacks ()
NEW YORK – Ed Koch, the former mayor of New York City, broke ranks with the Democratic party and urged voters to punish the White House for its policy toward Israel by voting for the GOP candidate in a local congressional election.

Koch threw his support behind Republican Bob Turner on Monday in the race for the House seat vacated by disgraced politician Anthony Weiner, saying it would signal US President Barack Obama to reevaluate his relationship with Jerusalem.

“The election of Bob Turner in a normally safe Democratic district running against President Obama’s position on Israel...would send a message to his own party leadership as well as to President Obama,” Koch was quoted as saying on Monday.

The 86-year-old politician is angry with Obama after the latter called for a two-state solution based on the pre-1967 borders, with land swaps.

Israel has there way with propagnada and threats from bought and paid for politicians.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
And just to show how screwed up they are on propaganda and bought and paid for politicians.

www.nydailynews.com...

July 26, 2011 7:56 AM 1 comment
Ed Koch Endorses A Republican For Weiner's Former House Seat...Then Calls GOP 'Scoundrels'
Former Mayor Ed Koch endorsed a Republican congressional candidate Monday in the race to replace Anthony Weiner - then stepped on the praise by blasting the GOP as "scoundrels."

Maybe he is just getting to old to remember his lines?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Finally some balls in the government.

Won't be long before AIPAC screams anti-semitism. IMO the guy will lose his job before anything is cut from Israel... or Pakistan... or Egypt...

America needs to stop giving welfare to corrupt states.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What are the odds that some "event" will happen before then to make the government "reconsider" ?

Pretty high, I'd say.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Odds are pretty good . Be nice if it actually happened though. Maybe some change for once. Probably not though.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, finally some courage from the US government towards Israel. I have a friend who will be affected if a deal on the debt ceiling is not met. He got angry when I mentioned they have money for Israel, but not for tax paying Americans such as him and his elderly parents. This whole situation is so outrageous.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join