It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by minettejo

Screamers need a good STFU slap in the face.

It's a sting they don't forget.

And it works.

No person, child or adult deserves a "good STFU slap in the face". I would not tolerate having anyone treat me in that manner, why on earth would I treat a child like that. Children cannot articulate what is bothering them. If you take the time to figure out what is wrong there is no need for physical abuse.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Actually no it isn't. By your own admission children do not have the mechanisms and skills we adults have. So therefore there is no respect because they do not know what it is. It has to be taught to them, which is the parents job. If the parents can't do it, then I guess we can show them by example how they act. Kids understand that.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb

The problem isn't whining adults.

The problem is that society has forgotten that adults are in charge.

Society panders to children.

So much so that children think they are in charge.

Once we take our country back from a class of people to whom it never should have been given we'll be fine.

Not sure where you live, but the children don't rule here.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Actually no it isn't. By your own admission children do not have the mechanisms and skills we adults have. So therefore there is no respect because they do not know what it is. It has to be taught to them, which is the parents job. If the parents can't do it, then I guess we can show them by example how they act. Kids understand that.

I disagree, respect is automatically given in most cases. The problem with a lot of parents is they give more respect to the drive through cashier at Mcdonalds than they do to the children they are buying the mcnuggets for. My child is 4 and she understands respect. She gives it to me and I in turn give it to her. My child has never been hit, seldom been yelled at and would never be kicked out of your restaurant. She has however spent many minutes in her room and in the corner. She respects my "no" and I hear her out if she believes there is a reason I should change my mind. Mutual respect in the parent-child relationship.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Babies not being allowed on airlines? being on a plane truly is that much closer to heaven.

I do believe that kids should not be allowed in certain places like on airplanes though.

Not on airlines at all?

That's a little much IMO, but I do agree they should not be allowed in 1st class.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
A two year old understands cruelty. You just taught him that

What cruelty? Acting the fool is cruel?

plus to scream his head off if he doesnt get his way

He obviously already knew that.

Not to mention the cost to the city for an unnecessary police call.

No cops were called, thus no expense.

Nice Job. Glad you got a free meal and an ego stroke out of it

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think the no kids allowed movement is childish.

But really I don't like screaming kids in public as much as the next person... however I haven't really ever been in place where it's been a problem
Except for maybe babies. But a lot of babies cry and it's the parents job to help them get over it and all parents I've seen do that. Parents don't like that kind of attention drawn to them typically.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If its a private business, the owner can do whatever the hell he wants. No one is forcing anyone to enter the business.

Ima write a book here.. skip if you wish

I have kids and Id LOVE the option to have a night away from my own.. and others.. at a nice restaurant or etc. Im sick of folks who cant control their kids. I can control mine.. so I know it can be done.
We were at a grill the other week and this woman refused to keep her kids from grabbing food from other peoples plates at other tables. The kid didnt come to our table.. probably he could see Id have gnawed his arm off if he would have gotten close to my plate by the look in my eye.. but for Gods sake : control your spawn. Babies? They cry.. its normal. Whats not normal is not soothing the child and ignoring its crying or not having the common courtesy that most other civilized people do of removing the child to a private place and caring for it. I NEVER let my kids cry and ignored them as I see some do in public. I was a big kid when I had my own. I knew that when I CHOSE to have my kids, there were some things that I wouldnt be able to do just because I wanted to. I chose to be a parent.. and sacrifice things that were contrary to raising a whole child or things that were disruptive to other people who have a right to enjoy themselves... who did not chose to have kids or being them along. I recognize I am not the center of the universe and my wants do not necessarily trump all others wants around me in public. This is the thing that irks me about parents bringing their babies and young kids to the movies. I did not do this.. the loudness of the movies, the absurdity of thinking a child can sit still and silent for over an hour, and the simple fact that the world doesnt revolve around me were factors.

I am annoyed by babies crying incessantly when I am out with my husband and we are trying to enjoy ourselves on a rare evening without our own kids, but to think that the child is using its only means of communication and being ignored by the primary person who could help it.. well that just angers me.. toward the parent. The infant is completely reliant on this uncaring oblivious parent... how terrible for the little thing! Maybe stop thinking of your own pleasure and care for the child you chose to give birth to. May take some sacrifices and youll have to realize that your demands of instant gratification concerning your wants may need to be curbed.

I dont hate kids.. I hate out of control parents. EIther they seem to be ignoring the kid, being inconsiderate of others, or kicking the crap out of their toddlers in public for being toddlers ( actually seen that one) .. no sense in any of it. For those that think its natural for a kid to behave like an animal.. youre wrong. Its NOT normal and you are laying absolutely NO foundation for that child growing to be a self disciplined productive human being. It starts at birth.. you must lay these foundations... mainly with your own actions toward the child and in its presence at first and then by behavioral demands later. It really isnt rocket science.

You just cant undo some of the stuff parents set up with these kids when they are so small.. I see it daily in what I do. The amazing thing is I very strongly demand that rules and protocol be observed in my presence and my bubble. Kids I work with and kids that come to my home that are my own kids friends. SOME of these out of control kids ( who were the food throwing hellions as toddlers Im sure) CRAVE discipline and correction. They dont get upset much when I yell "PULL YOUR G-D pants up I can see 4 inches of ass crack" or " are you a whore or just wearing the uniform?" terrible yes, but if you see an 11 yr old showing everything she barely has and the looks men give her with no parent to protect her.. youd understand the issue. Sometimes you need to dip in your own pocket to buy them appropriate clothing becausae their parents go out of their way to dress these precious children in inappropriate ways to gain attention.. I dont get it. Anyway.. They respond to the praise and positive reinforcement when they please me.. because thats what invariably follows compliance. If there is lip or noncompliance.. they are removed until they do. Im talking disenfranchised teens and gang members... street kids. No one cares about them.. I do. I do and demand compliance.. or they arent around me.They want to be around me only because I have something they want.. if it be discipline, someone who cares, help, food, clothing, shelter, an ear, etc. Im definitely not so great they behave just because I ask... they are totally driven by what they can get because they have NOTHING and no future vision of having anything.. and no concept of how to get what they want or need on their own other than taking it. Many of them are skilled predators and scammers ( even the very young ones) ... and learned it from the parents as the only way to get their own simple needs met. As they get older, the wants come in over the needs... and they will do whatever comes to mind to get it.. regardless of who it hurts or the consequences. Realize that many times with just the minimal demands of self discipline and being "harsh" but fair with them, this child may have had a very very different future. How can I complain about generational welfare families, entitlement abuse, teen violence,gangs, teen pregnancy, abortion used as birth control..etc.. if Im NOT doing my own part in trying to make a difference? It all starts as a child and instilling self discipline.. and kids who behave like animals with no parental intervention. This is a HUGE problem that is growing every day.

Now these kids are in large groups in my area and others.. and taking what they want with no thought of consequence. if they see it and want it.. they grab it. Sounds like a toddler.. doesnt it? Thats about the age they are stuck at.. that infantile mentality that was never cultivated into a more mature and responsible mentality by caring parents or an intact culture. I see it , I want it, I take it. The mob thing we are having more of here that Ive spoken about before.. its the same thing. They want to do something so they do it with no thought of consequences or thought of others. Its a very very infantile mentality and frightening that its so prevalent. See the Chicago mobs recently. Beating, taking things, trashing things, and even defecating on the sidewalks.. teens and 20somethings.. sounds like the behavior of a group of 3 yr olds left on their own without adult supervision to me. Where and when do you think the idea that this behavior was acceptable started??

There is sometimes NO concept of accountability or personal responsibility... and it all started with the parent allowing them to be wild and unruly by setting NO parameters as younger children or attending to that infant with love and care, rather than viewing the infant as a bother that can be ignored.

Im old, I can be grumpy if I want ,and some people should have stuck to babydolls or pets and left the whole childbearing thing alone.

/end rant

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

You are correct. I bet that child will remember it and think twice before doing it in a restaurant again. It's amazing how well the shock factor works on kids. It's the unexpected that gets their attention quicker than anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Are you a parent? As a father, I know that kids understand plenty and are far more aware than you seem to think. Unless you have children yourself, you wouldn't know the mind of a child.
edit on 28-7-2011 by GoldenVoyager because: grammar

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I live in the United States of Spoiled Brats.

Crotch fruit rules here.
edit on 7/28/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have hoped and prayed for Disneyland to have a "No Kids Day" Say every 1st Wed. of each month. All you see there are spoiled brats being pushed around in strollers and they're crying. C'mon, we're at DL. What's there to cry about. Kids suck!
Signed:
Mother of 4

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Very well said!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Still adults whining about having to live with children.

YOU are adults. Try to remind yourself that YOU have no excuse for your behaviour.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Still adults whining about having to live with children.

YOU are adults. Try to remind yourself that YOU have no excuse for your behaviour.

Don't you DARE tell me I simply need to "deal with" YOUR child's rotten behavior!!!! It's EXCLUSIVELY YOUR JOB to see to it that the child can behave him or herself.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Now smack him upside the head when he messes up, praise him when do actually does something worth praising and quit trying to be friends with your kids...that happens when your kids are adults. Your kids are kids, deal with it.

What cracks me up is all these parents (my friends included) who try to rationalize with kids, they try to explain to them why they can't eat rat poison or drive the car. They're kids! They're stupid! Their brains aren't even ready for rationality until middle school. Punish your damn children, dont treat them like they're the judge at your parenting trail.

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not pricelss ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes theyre different things.

(disclaimer: not all parents and kids are like this but, it seems, terrible parents and children are EVERYWHERE!!)

Your attitude's are very disturbing....Children are intelligent and have good brains....they thrive on and respond to gentleness, kindness, and love..they need to have things explained to them..that is how they learn. When my son was growing up...if he did something wrong...he had to sit in a chair for 5 minutes without talking and think about what he did wrong....then we would talk about it...and his behavior always improved.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You're right. They do thrive on gentleness.

That's why they're completely out of control now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Allreadyaslave

If you think someone is too loud. Complain.

If other people agree some guy is too loud, or maybe just one person complains the staff might do something.
Kids are just one issue, and where do you think we got the loud smuck on his cell phone? From parents who let their kids make scenes as small children.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Right. But we aren't talking about a kids movie.

We're talking about an adults movie, that because the director erred on the side of caution kids can view the movie. So lets set the record straight. It was not a kids movie. It did not have a PG rating, it wasn't a cartoon. It had violence, and scenes with alcohol use.

So quit saying it was a kids movie. Almost every person in that theater was over the age of 13, and of those almost over 13s, I could easily see that most were full grown adults with some scattered teenagers.
There were just a few kids who were the ones being loud.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Your attitude's are very disturbing....Children are intelligent and have good brains....they thrive on and respond to gentleness, kindness, and love..they need to have things explained to them..that is how they learn. When my son was growing up...if he did something wrong...he had to sit in a chair for 5 minutes without talking and think about what he did wrong....then we would talk about it...and his behavior always improved.

Amen to common sense and good parenting

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join